Angie Marr's pics of The Smiths at Glastonbury; Johnny Marr interview in The Telegraph

Re: Angie Marr's pics of The Smiths at Glastonbury...

I saw Johnny Marr last night in Portsmouth, fantastic gig. Twas fab to hear the Smiths songs played by the great maestro himself, he bought the house down. Still reelingggggg.....:love:.

Crowd madness - it begins.

https://twitter.com/Johnny_Marr/status/350289736478371840/photo/1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The Smiths played Glastonbury in 1984 and this happened. Unseen pics by Angie Marr <a href="http://t.co/zASCsxWoLo">pic.twitter.com/zASCsxWoLo</a></p>&mdash; Johnny Marr (@Johnny_Marr) <a href="https://twitter.com/Johnny_Marr/statuses/350289736478371840">June 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

smiths_glastonbury_1984.jpg

Amy also posted the link in the thread (original post):

Johnny Marr interview: ‘I’ve been in all my favourite bands’ - The Telegraph

Excerpt:

It’s a legacy that inevitably stalks him wherever he goes and whatever he does. “The Smiths is now a certain part of my story, albeit a very important one and most likely one that I’m always going to be best known for,” Marr concedes. “But it’s not all the story, because now I’ve done a lot of other things and people know what I do. No one wants to have that stamp on their forehead at 23, when you’ve still got so much to give. I don’t have any resentment and I’m not messed up about it, but I’m definitely breaking out of the stereotype and not being typecast. It’s weird, because musicians are expected to behave in exactly the way we did when we first started out. But other artists would be criticised for doing that. Imagine if David Hockney was still doing ‘Splash’ paintings. I’d hate that.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine what that must have been like- being bum-rushed by the crowd. In one respect it must have been exciting, but it could have easily turned into a full-on riot!

When Morrissey analyzes other bands, he likes to note that the audience isn't trying to get close to them. He makes a good point that he inspires more passion in the audience than other artists can, but is being attacked by obsessives necessarily a good thing? Discuss. :ahhh:

Interesting thing about Johnny Marr. When it comes to women, he commits to one woman forever, which is respectable. But when it comes to music artists and musician-friends, he's capricious and likes to play the field. Discuss. :rock:

I can't imagine what that must have been like- being bum-rushed by the crowd. In one respect it must have been exciting, but it could have easily turned into a full-on riot!

When Morrissey analyzes other bands, he likes to note that the audience isn't trying to get close to them. He makes a good point that he inspires more passion in the audience than other artists can, but is being attacked by obsessives necessarily a good thing? Discuss. :ahhh:

Interesting thing about Johnny Marr. When it comes to women, he commits to one woman forever, which is respectable. But when it comes to music artists and musician-friends, he's capricious and likes to play the field. Discuss. :rock:

Did anyone see Johnny at Glastonbury ?

Wow so good to hear those songs being played how they should be played unlike how they where heard at Glastonbury a couple of years ago when they got churned out by you know who ? It was horrible to watch/hear in fact nothing has changed on that front has it ? Things are just the same old same old.

Nice to see Johnny has'nt dried up though

Benny the Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom