Angie Marr

butley

I've just watched an interview with Morrissey on youtube from a few years ago where he says it was him,Johnny and Angie Marr who started The Smiths. He also said mike and Andy never wanted to join but were persuaded to. Interesting. I'll try to find the link.

Is this the Norwegian TV interview that was filmed for the "Importance of..." doc? Here?

"It was always just Johnny and I, and initially Johnny's girlfriend, whose name was Angie. It was just the three of us. We made The Smiths".

Last edited by a moderator:
Always thought that was a strong interview. Right of him to still give Angie her due - I'm looking forward to seeing her involvement in the Smiths story reflected in his autobiography.

Does she play drums??

Is this the Norwegian TV interview that was filmed for the "Importance of..." doc? Here?

"It was always just Johnny and I, and initially Johnny's girlfriend, whose name was Angie. It was just the three of us. We made The Smiths".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hilarious. This man will never ever choose to have anything to do with the bass player and drummer from The Smiths ever again. Case closed. The Smiths, as we remember them, will never ever reform. Never. Ever. Can we all move on now?

Hilarious. This man will never ever choose to have anything to do with the bass player and drummer from The Smiths ever again. Case closed. The Smiths, as we remember them, will never ever reform. Never. Ever. Can we all move on now?

Ah yes - but what about the guitarist? I'm off down the bookies tomorrow.

P.

Last edited:
The best and coolest Morrissey interview I've seen. It's a shame we can't see more of Morrissey like this.

He also mentions "I can survive without a record company"....well if that's right, why can't he self-release? It makes no sense.

One time this lady sued me in small claims court for backing into her (even though she ran into me) and her name was Lelaini Dijon-Bouvier and to this day I scowl at the memory when offered fancy mustard. :p

Back
Top Bottom