From the forum thread Morrissey's shirt ???:

Posted by Boethius :
Surely said shirtings are by Angelo Galasso.​

Image posted by sweetness522:
agshirt-2.jpg

Posted by Dave2006:

I think Moz should be boycotting this designer:
I, Maximus! - GQ Magazine

Made in Italy but a product of London, Angelo Galasso is the designer whose on-the-money interpretations of classic tailoring have become wardrobe staples for playboys and plutocrats. Among the ostrich hide, crocodile skin and super-luxury of his flagship store, GQ talks shop with a man who has come to reinvent menswear.

The Financial Times may have once described him as "this generation's most inventive image maker", but if your idea of style is ultra-minimal, then Angelo Galasso is probably not your man. Nor will PETA members be his biggest fans, but the Italian king of extravagance is perfectly happy with that. He makes no bones about being very much the Maximus of the fashion arena.

From his London flagship store next door to Harrods, Galasso supplies the international crowd, from Macau to Moscow and Manchester, who call London home and aren't fazed by paying up to £5,000 for a pair of jeans, as long as some mink or crocodile is involved in the process. And there are plenty of men who want exactly that.​

Why Moz, why?​

Images posted by CougarFrog:

anglo.jpeg

article-1367552-0d822246000005dc-407_306x423.jpg

From The Guardian:

glastonbury-2011-morrisse-007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a disappointment that the designer is such a disgrace. :( I really like the shirts. They look great and Morrissey in them. Good thing is that Morrissey did not fill the disgraceful designer's pockets unnecessarily and only bought four or five of the shirts.

The shirts cost £380 ready to wear, and considerably more if they are made to measure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mos...tyle-guide-Collars-size-aircraft-carrier.html

Maybe he got a big discount or even complimentary. The product placement at Glastonbury must be worth it!

The shirts cost £380 ready to wear, and considerably more if they are made to measure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mos...tyle-guide-Collars-size-aircraft-carrier.html

Maybe he got a big discount or even complimentary. The product placement at Glastonbury must be worth it!

Ahh, c'mon he buys 5 and gets one for free :) that little charmer always know how to save
a quid.

And how he was worried about the circus animals (Glasto). with the money spent on 5 of his f***ing shirts all the animals of one circus could eat+drink+feel good for many moons...
that wanker!

I presume that no-one here buys clothes from any vendor which sells leather products or buys a single item of food sold at any shop which also sells meat or indeed a single item with by-product derived from animal death.

Face it, it's impossible to be perfect. We do as we can by our beliefs.

yeah but bear in mind that morrissey wouldn't go into mcdonalds to buy a mcflurry, and he would rufuse to go to a venue it they don't stop selling meat while he is there where there are other choices aswell, angelo is a discrace, tbf he is being quite contradictory.

Reading these comments on the shoes and shirts threads make me realise why he wears f*** morrissey solo!
]] of course yeah because whatever it is morrissey is always right even if he is quite blatantly a hypocrite to you, i like him but that does not mean he is always right.

Reading these comments on the shoes and shirts threads make me realise why he wears f*** morrissey solo!

its because of the anonymous twits that post here...just because I don't suckle from the teet of Morrissey, doesn't mean im not a fan.

Who cares, these two articles are stupid and so are most of the idiots on this site who are overreacting. I'm vegan and it doesn't bother me. You can't investigate every little aspect in your life and expect perfection in one's beliefs and efforts (I'm guessing most of the 'SoLowers' here have clothes that aren't 100% sweatshop free), it's the efforts and principle's of one's beliefs that really count and Morrissey has done more to help animals than most of you ingrateful twits here; nobody has ever achieved perfection... (except Morrissey's music ;)

I 2nd the who cares !!!! Let the man alone ! Morrissey is into cool cloths and looks good in it. As he sings " Do your best and don't worry " Long live Moz !

He publicly condemns the Canadian government for not stopping the seal hunt but actively supports a clothier who kills reptiles for expensive shoes. He truly is a hypocrite isn't he.

I think there is a greater issue here, and it is one that has run through Morrissey’s relationship with his audience for a very long time: it is the question of ‘authenticity’. The fact is that ‘Morrissey’ is as much a construct as David Bowie’s ‘Ziggy Stardust’, or John Lydon’s ‘Johnny Rotten’ persona. Some of Morrissey’s audience find this hard to accept – it is as if seeing Morrissey for who he really is – a multi millionaire entertainer - takes away from his extraordinary talent and reduces him to ‘just another pop star’. And that is ridiculous, nothing can take away from the man’s work and the impact he has had on many people. For years now Morrissey has enjoyed a life of luxury and gilded isolation far removed from the majority of his fans – who don’t have the money to purchase grotesque couture. For years Morrissey has told his fans he doesn’t work out – of course he does - that he doesn’t have a computer or e-mail, of course he does; it is the year 2011 for Christ sake. Morrissey is not living in an Alan Bennett play set in an era of sepia tones and mono. What is disappointing about these shirts is not the outward display of luxury (the man deserves all of this and more for writing ‘Speedway’ and ‘It’s Not Your Birthday Anymore’ alone) but the fact that the designer is so grotesque and seemingly against all the things ‘Morrissey’ supposedly despises. It is impossible to dress in any product not tainted by the animal murder industry, but to give such a designer a platform is revolting and truly, truly disappointing.

I think there is a greater issue here, and it is one that has run through Morrissey’s relationship with his audience for a very long time: it is the question of ‘authenticity’. The fact is that ‘Morrissey’ is as much a construct as David Bowie’s ‘Ziggy Stardust’, or John Lydon’s ‘Johnny Rotten’ persona. Some of Morrissey’s audience find this hard to accept – it is as if seeing Morrissey for who he really is – a multi millionaire entertainer - takes away from his extraordinary talent and reduces him to ‘just another pop star’. And that is ridiculous, nothing can take away from the man’s work and the impact he has had on many people. For years now Morrissey has enjoyed a life of luxury and gilded isolation far removed from the majority of his fans – who don’t have the money to purchase grotesque couture. For years Morrissey has told his fans he doesn’t work out – of course he does - that he doesn’t have a computer or e-mail, of course he does; it is the year 2011 for Christ sake. Morrissey is not living in an Alan Bennett play set in an era of sepia tones and mono. What is disappointing about these shirts is not the outward display of luxury (the man deserves all of this and more for writing ‘Speedway’ and ‘It’s Not Your Birthday Anymore’ alone) but the fact that the designer is so grotesque and seemingly against all the things ‘Morrissey’ supposedly despises. It is impossible to dress in any product not tainted by the animal murder industry, but to give such a designer a platform is revolting and truly, truly disappointing.

Bravo.

Oh and by the way, Goody-two- shoes isn't "doing his best." And thus he should worry.

To think I once felt guilty about wearing a leather bracelet. Or Roman sandals probably made in Taiwan that only lasted a week.
Yes, these shirts look good. But: If you pose like an animal lover and have all the money and the time to shop, and those are the best shirts you find...Well...That's as if your mum sent you to the grocer's to buy parsnips and you ended up in a shop that sells exotic animals's parts to cure your various ailments. Then you're probably in China.

Took a wrong turn somewhere, Morrissey?

"I know what you're thinking, and you're absolutely wrong." Well, no, you don't. I'm not thinking you were looking for an ox penis. I'm not.

Tut tut tut. I'm sure your ma doesn't wear ostrich feathers on her hat to go to Waitrose. I'm sure she didn't raise you this way. Probably.

but the fact that the designer is so grotesque and seemingly against all the things ‘Morrissey’ supposedly despises. It is impossible to dress in any product not tainted by the animal murder industry, but to give such a designer a platform is revolting and truly, truly disappointing.

thank you, nothing more to add.
the shirt, the shoes, that football arse, the list is endless. A great great lie...
not to mention he lost his grasp for new talents (Kristeen Young? Oh no...Doll & the Kicks? -- ridiculous. Does someone remember Sack? crap crap crap) + fashion styles + good new songs.

Come on, Mozzer, retire soon.

Well I think it's an excellent idea, that cover of "Crocodile Rock" with Chrissie Hynde today, me. "Animal Lover" with Prince wouldn't be bad either. Or "Hunter" with Brian Ferry. Oh I'm excited!

Great and sensible post - particularly your final sentence. Very well put.

It is impossible to dress in any product not tainted by the animal murder industry, but to give such a designer a platform is revolting and truly, truly disappointing.

Completely agree with your last point Sinbad. I very much hope that if Morrissey, or some of his people, are reading these threads he decides to wear different clothes for the rest of the tour - there is an obvious supply of t-shirts lying around on the tour bus (f*** Fur, McCruelty, f*** Morrissey Solo) he could even raid the Merch stalls.

Even better - follow a leaf from Billy Bragg and only have fair trade merch.

Dave

Even better - follow a leaf from Billy Bragg and only have fair trade merch.

I like Billy Bragg. Come to think of it, he's the only BB I like.

Morrissey. There must be someone somewhere that makes an ethically-correct version of these nice frilly shirts? A poor seamstress in Ecuador or something?
If it's not glamorous or expensive enough for you she could pretend she's from Milan, or she could get drunk in some bar and badmouth Jewish people, or she could make Katy Perry's wear one of her creations at the Grannys...You have PR people or something like that, right?

Let's admit it, Morrissey is dead. His career is over, and by the quality of the absolutely dire new material, so is his song-writing ability. Morrissey has passed on. He is no more. He has ceased to be. He has expired and gone to meet his maker. He's a stiff, bereft of life, he rests in peace. He is pushing up the daisies. His metabolic processes are now history. He is off the twig. He has kicked the bucket. He has shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the choir invisibile. Morrissey is an ex-talent.

Let's admit it, Morrissey is dead. His career is over, and by the quality of the absolutely dire new material, so is his song-writing ability. Morrissey has passed on. He is no more. He has ceased to be. He has expired and gone to meet his maker. He's a stiff, bereft of life, he rests in peace. He is pushing up the daisies. His metabolic processes are now history. He is off the twig. He has kicked the bucket. He has shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the choir invisibile. Morrissey is an ex-talent.

Yes. We're in mourning. Just because we are taking the piss doesn't mean we're not sad.
Everyone has a different way of dealing with grief...
For some of us rolling on the floor seems to be the only option...
Good thing we're dressed in black...

...Now, where's the vegetarian buffet I came here for? :-d

(I'd like to extend commiserations to his friends and family but I can't articulate because of the lasagne. But I'm sorry for your loss, truly I mean it. Nom nom nom)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom