Andy Rourke talks about The Smiths in Costa Rica (video) - ticotimes.net

What a load of pretentious shit. Andy Rourke sounds like a right stuck-up, rude bastard. The fame must of gone to his head, or maybe it was the drugs. He must have a huge ego.

Andy Rourke says "You can never say never" well he just did say the word never. I really don't think The Smiths will ever get back together. Morrissey is fine on his own.

In Costa Rica, Andy Rourke declares 'never say never' about reuniting The Smiths - ticotimes.net

Costa Rica's Hoxton recently hosted the legendary former bass player of The Smiths in his first appearance in Central America. Before the DJ set, The Tico Times sat down with Rourke to talk about what still is one of the greatest bands to have hit the stage.

Excerpt:

"Just a second," Hoxton co-owner Tom Dalby said on the other end of the phone. Sounds muffled, then some scratching and hissing, and a deep voice snarled over the line, "You're a wanker. Andy just called you a wanker," said Andy Rourke before promptly hanging up.

That was my first introduction to the legendary former bass player of The Smiths, a 1980s Manchester band that produced more mind-blowing music in its short five-year span than most bands produce in a lifetime. It was a fitting – and highly complimentary – first impression for someone I'd admired since before I could grow facial hair.

A couple hours later came my next interaction with Rourke, this time in person. Dressed in a weathered Union Jack (the same thing I had spray-painted on my bedroom wall when I was 14) covered by a light sport coat, Rourke burst into an upstairs room at Hoxton and declared, "You've eaten the grapes!"

Last edited by a moderator:
what happened to his voice? it sounds low and maybe a bit american.... is he stoned or drunk can't work it out?

Why have you posted 4 separate posts instead of one? Is it to make it look like your viewpoint has support?

P.

Wow somebody is four sheets to the wind. "Never say never", when was this???

"I knew a little more about guitar playing than Johnny." -- Andy Rourke

Wow. Happy birthday Johnny from Andy.

Well perhaps he did when they first met.

I think Johnny once said in an interview that Andy did have a bit more knowledge on the guitar--when they first met. Then he followed up saying that he made it his mission to practice non-stop and that his abilities zoomed past Andy and everyone else soon after.

andy rourke says "Never say never" at about 4.29.

Yes, I know I meant when was the interview? As it's quite clear that 'never' has been said via printed word in penguin black and white.

Has he really told all?
So Johnny was writing the tunes.
Moz was crafting the words.
Rourke was scratching his arms, clucking and trying to chase the dragon at every opportunity and he thinks people give a dry shit if he tells anything? Besides crying like a girl 'cause everyone sussed he was a filthy junkie..... what else can he tell?
More importantly, who cares?
Have a whaaaa burger and some french cries you filthy, drug dependent z list 'd.j.'......

I gave up 7 seconds in - I can't handle watching yet another Smiths programme/podcast/video which starts with How Soon Is Now. Other songs are available.

Give it a chance johnnymunro, it really isn't to bad for a small interview. Yes he doesn't tell any crazy new stories but its nice just to hear what Andy is up to.
As for the Anonymouse that keeps busting Andy's chops ................. please give it a break ! You don't like him and think its cool to rip on his past drug use, slow talking, guitar playing and what ever . Give it up ..... old news. Andy has always talked in a slow , haulting manner in many of the interviews. Its just his style . He praises Johnny and they are still friends so no Marr slamming going on.

Last edited:
The Eagles said they'd never re-form, not even if "Hell Freezes Over"

They called their re-union tour "The Hell Freezes Over Tour"

They'll reform if/when Morrissey and Marr run out of cash. It won't be because they've put artistic and musical differences behind them. It would be fun, each with their own car/tour bus/hotel floor. It would be AWESOME to LOL to.

Did you get an attack of deafness after that bit?

Rourke CLEARLY said he knew more WHEN THEY FIRST MET and *within a week * Johnny KNEW MORE THAN HIM and he hit
the ground running and he became wow and he learnt like a sponge.

Morrissey's weird confirmation bias is contagious to his Kool-aid guzzling fans, I see.

Did you get an attack of deafness after that bit?

Rourke CLEARLY said he knew more WHEN THEY FIRST MET and *within a week * Johnny KNEW MORE THAN HIM and he hit
the ground running and he became wow and he learnt like a sponge.

Morrissey's weird confirmation bias is contagious to his Kool-aid guzzling fans, I see.

there's only one BrummieBoy, Claude, your attempts at copying him are ridiculous.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom