Andy Rourke in Baltimore Wednesday Sep. 13

Retired Streetwalker

Do Your Best and...
Sorry if this has been mentioned before. As I was going through Baltimore's City Paper (free weekly newspaper) yesterday I saw an ad for Andy Rourke -of Smith's fame- at Club Mosaic.
The event which will take place this Wednesday (September 13) is being touted as an Evening of British Indie Rock, Past & Present. After checking out Club Mosaic's website http://www.mosaic-lounge.com/home.htm I see doors open at 8pm and shut at 2am. There is a $10 cover charge which includes an Absolut open bar from 9-10pm (with a portion of proceeds going towards Colon Cancer research). D.J. Lovegroove (a local) is first on. Did not say times or anything like that.
I think it will be pretty cool and from what I have read in the past Rourke is friendly and signs record sleeves, shirts, etc. Hope to see a bunch of you there as it would be nice to have some fellow Smith's fans around. Club Mosaic is part of a huge Nightlife area called Power Plant live. I believe it is the outdoor club/bar on the right as you walk in. Power Plant Live is at 34 Market Street, Baltimore, MD.
Again, I do not know if this has been mentioned before but I hope you find it interesting. See you there.

The one opportunity an ex-smith comes to Baltimore.....Why do I have to be 20 without a fake ID????

Andy does a poor job of promoting his ventures. He doesn't use either his website or myspace. Maybe it's to prevent AndyI from reading.

he'll be in Dallas on Sunday
not sure of this but I think that The Adventure Club will be giving away passes to meet him and free tickets that night on the air

Won't it be kind of late for them to start giving out passes?
I had planned to go in the hopes of just meeting him and possibly getting a single signed. If I just go to the club, will that be possible, between songs, or after his set?
Not sure how it works.

Won't it be kind of late for them to start giving out passes?
I had planned to go in the hopes of just meeting him and possibly getting a single signed. If I just go to the club, will that be possible, between songs, or after his set?
Not sure how it works.

Maybe during the drum solo? :p

Back
Top Bottom