Andy Rourke Denies Involvement in “Classically Smiths” Concerts - Pitchfork

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by g23, Jan 22, 2018.

By g23 on Jan 22, 2018 at 7:16 PM
  1. g23

g23 Always crashing in the same car

The plot thickens. Is Andy in or out? This just posted on Pitchfork

Andy Rourke Denies Involvement in “Classically Smiths” Concerts - Pitchfork
    Rep claims promoter fabricated quote from Rourke in press release

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 11.17.00 AM.png

The Smiths' Andy Rourke Denies Involvement in Orchestral Concerts - Rolling Stone. Link posted by Famous when dead
    "At no time did I give my consent for anyone in connection with this Classically Smiths project to act on my behalf," bassist says

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by g23, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Oh my
      Oh my
      This is getting really funny.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Charlie Cheswick
      Charlie Cheswick
      Andy keeping the door open (to himself) for a proper reunion.
      • Like x 3
      • Funny x 1
      • Insightful x 1
      • Informative x 1
      • Interesting x 1
    3. Bluebirds
      Bluebirds
      Someone must have told him do this and you can kiss goodbye to being part of any Morrissey and Marr reunion, even if it never materialises.

With this project seemingly now being pursued by the chief drumming litigator and the uncredited third songwriter in The Smiths for 5 months one can only form the impression that it further tarnishes the band's legacy. And that the name Joyce is being spat out as a curse in the Dwyer household tonight
      • Interesting Interesting x 2
    4. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      Blimey. This is bad. How the hell can you let it get this far, unveil the whole thing to the press, and forget to call Andy?
      • Funny Funny x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    5. g23
      g23
      I said this on the other thread, and I wonder how close I might be.

"Listen here, you giblet faced leech. If it's money you want, it's money you'll have. How does 1 million pounds sound? Yes, that's all I'm willing to pa- Fine. 1.5 million, but that human stain Joyce had better not receive so much as a penny. No. I'm still not interested in reuniting. The check is in the mail. Goodbye."

It would be sad if the small, small chance that a 3/4 of the Smiths reunion could possibly someday happen was all it took.
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    6. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      I also said on the other thread, isn't it amazing that Morrissey - who habitually blocks all sorts of things - seems to have given permission for this. So perhaps he hasn't. Do you honestly think Andy's been knobbled by the Dwyer mafia?
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Moz doesn't need to give permission, legally speaking. Anyone is allowed to do cover versions of his songs.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. g23
      g23
      Based on all of the weirdness out of Morrissey's camp over the last ten years or so, I wouldn't be shocked. And he seems like the type to hold a grudge so hard that he'd be willing to pay off one person to screw the other out of a payday. Without Rourke, and let's face it- this was pretty so-so to begin with, it's just Mike and the touring rhythm guitarist for the last couple of years. Gannon's recorded output and touring basically amounted to session work. So a drummer and a session guitarist present the music of The Smiths? Nobody would want to see that.

So maybe.
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Well the plot thickens doesn't it? So who is behind badproductions..... Yep none other than Smiths Convention organiser Elliot Marks and his mate Joel Perry. Thoughts..............
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    10. gordyboy9
      gordyboy9
      Morrissey should reform the smiths with jonny and andy and play in different venues in the same city on the same night as these shows,now that would be funny.
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      I really hope it's not true. It would be spite on an eye-watering scale.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. evennow
      evennow
      Actually, Gannon just dropped out so it is going to be Mike in his basement playing the drums...still?
      • Funny Funny x 2
    13. g23
      g23
      Did he really? Because I was already finding it a little funny that Mike was the one tweeting out crap, and Andy seemed a little confused to have been included.
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Source please!
    15. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      Oh no! Where did you hear? Dear me, it's completely unravelled. What a disaster! I wonder if we'll ever get to hear the full story?
    16. evennow
      evennow
      Na. Just a joke about the ludicrousness of the whole thing. I picture an orchestra in a concert hall staring around and asking, "where is everybody?" :lbf:
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Please don't write jokes like it's news!

However.. I fell for it.. Which...
      Certainly shows my faith in this :D
      • Like Like x 1
    18. evennow
      evennow
      Yes, it is all a bit confusing

[​IMG]
      • Funny Funny x 2
    19. Oh my
      • Funny Funny x 7
      • Like Like x 2