Andy Rourke cover+interview in Bass Guitar Magazine

Out next week, hopefully some stuff on The Smiths!

39047_rourke_bass_guitar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's his Fender Precision from the Smiths' early days. It always had that wear below the strings.

This could be interesting if he talks about The Smiths and Morrissey. I wonder if someone will post the interview on here.

He might talk about his latest venture his new band D.A.R.K. with the singer Dolores O'Riordan.

Erm, it says he talks DARK on the cover, you get negative ten points for missing that.

Slightly troubling, but Andy seems to be morphing into my Aunty Eileen with every passing year. There is always the possibility that they are one and the same, I suppose...

Erm, it says he talks DARK on the cover, you get negative ten points for missing that.
Oh yes you are right! I missed that it says "From The Smiths to D.A.R.K." on the cover. I wonder if he will talk about James Franco and some of the other famous names he has worked with.

Slightly troubling, but Andy seems to be morphing into my Aunty Eileen with every passing year. There is always the possibility that they are one and the same, I suppose...
Do you mean Eileen Grimshaw who is a character in the soap opera 'Coronation Street' which is set in Manchester.

Last edited:
Some think Andy Rourke looks like the actor Timothy Spall. Stay away from the drugs, booze and cigs kids!

Possibly. She is never at home when I call her on a Wednesday evening.
LOL I believe it was Joe Frady who first came up with the Eileen Grimshaw looks like Rourke jokes back in 2012 here on Moz-Solo.

Actually, I think Eileen Grimshaw is better looking than Rourke! Maybe Andy Rourke looked like Eileen Grimshaw years ago but not anymore. :thumb:

I can see Andy Rourke's resemblance to Sir Elton John.

Andy Rourke's glasses are probably expensive maybe even designer but I don't think that they suit him though. Andy Rourke's eyebrows are very arched and look a bit strange. He looks like he could do with a few early nights.

Last edited:
Oh man. Mother time has not been kind.
I agree with you about this he hasn't aged well. Isn't it usually 'Father Time' or 'Old Father Time' though not Mother Time. I think Andy Rourke looks slightly creepy these days and his complexion is a bit grey and unhealthy looking. Not keen on the earrings and jewelry. I'm guessing he is attempting to look young.

Age gets to everyone, you know, so it's really not surprising that all the ex-Smiths look more rough around the edges now than they did when they were 20. But who the f*** cares what he looks like anyway - he's a musician, not entering in a beauty pageant.

Age gets to everyone, you know, so it's really not surprising that all the ex-Smiths look more rough around the edges now than they did when they were 20. But who the f*** cares what he looks like anyway - he's a musician, not entering in a beauty pageant.
No need to swear to get your point across. The other three Smiths Morrissey, Johnny Marr and Mike Joyce are all ageing gracefully and they wear age appropriate clothing. Part of the reason why some people object to Andy Rourke in particular is he has abused his body in various ways through drug abuse, alcohol abuse, smoking, eating red meat and other unhealthy foods. If he hadn't done this he would look a lot better today. I agree with you the ageing process is part of life and something we all go through eventually- if we live that long! It's true Andy Rourke isn't a male model. Andy Rourke is a rockstar, a legend to some, a celebrity not just an everyday musician. Rourkey is in a way the Keith Richards of his generation. Andy Rourke has always been into the rock 'n' roll lifestyle and leads a largely immoral life. Just some simple changes to his lifestyle could help him such as getting more exercise, eating more fresh vegetables or drinking more water! I heard he hangs out with some trendy hipsters in New York which might be at least half his age. It sounds like to me the guy is going through some sort of a midlife crisis and is desperate to hold onto his youth.

Morrissey, Johnny Marr and Mike Joyce are all ageing gracefully and they wear age appropriate clothing.

Does Johnny Marr wear "age appropriate clothing"? Does what's "age appropriate" vary depending on what kind of shape someone's in?

No need to swear to get your point across. The other three Smiths Morrissey, Johnny Marr and Mike Joyce are all ageing gracefully and they wear age appropriate clothing. Part of the reason why some people object to Andy Rourke in particular is he has abused his body in various ways through drug abuse, alcohol abuse, smoking, eating red meat and other unhealthy foods. If he hadn't done this he would look a lot better today. I agree with you the ageing process is part of life and something we all go through eventually- if we live that long! It's true Andy Rourke isn't a male model. Andy Rourke is a rockstar, a legend to some, a celebrity not just an everyday musician. Rourkey is in a way the Keith Richards of his generation. Andy Rourke has always been into the rock 'n' roll lifestyle and leads a largely immoral life. Just some simple changes to his lifestyle could help him such as getting more exercise, eating more fresh vegetables or drinking more water! I heard he hangs out with some trendy hipsters in New York which might be at least half his age. It sounds like to me the guy is going through some sort of a midlife crisis and is desperate to hold onto his youth.

You must be fun at parties.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom