Andy Rourke cover+interview in Bass Guitar Magazine

Out next week, hopefully some stuff on The Smiths!

39047_rourke_bass_guitar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ageing really scares me.

I want to be young, beautiful, dance, laugh and have great sex forever. Is that too much to ask?

Ageing really scares me.

I want to be young, beautiful, dance, laugh and have great sex forever. Is that too much to ask?

Unfortunately, yes it is. Time is a b*tch. When your young you think it's your friend. You can spend it anyway you please. You can waste it because you think there is an endless supply. It lulls you into a false sense of complacency as if things will be the same forever.

Until one day you wake up and you realize that you no longer feel the same way and you don't look the same and you go to a club or bar and you think your friend Time is by your side, but it's not. Then you look at a table filled with young beautiful people laughing and having fun and there is Time sitting next to them looking and laughing at you sarcastically as if to say "what the hell are you doing here?" And that's when it hits you right between the eyes. Time is limited, finite, precious and wasted on the young because they don't fully appreciate what they have.

Surely this Bible-thumper is a wind-up?

Christian person, you do know that you're posting on the Morrissey forum - a rock star who has had sexual relations with persons of the same sex?

fw_fainting-victorian-lady1.jpg
God bless you. I promise you I am a real Christian. I'm a conservative Christian. I'm a born-again, bible-believing Christian. Some people call me a fundamentalist Christian. I think the Authorised King James 1611 version of The Bible is the true word of God. I'm aware of who Morrissey is although I'm not really interested in rock music. How do I know what you are saying about Morrissey is true? It could be malicious gossip or rumours. It says in The Bible sodomy is a sin and is an abomination in God's eyes. I personally feel Morrissey is probably celibate.
In October 2013, Morrissey released a statement through his semi-official website, which said, "Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course ... not many." I think this is quite humorous.
I like Morrissey's style and I think he looks better than Andy Rourke. Morrissey has had some health issues these last few years. So if Morrissey is still unwell then he might not look maybe as good as he would if he was well. Having health issues isn't Morrissey's fault.

Ageing really scares me.

No, it isn't.
Depends on who you're asking. Could be yourself.
And you say: Forever. But you say that now. And forever does not exist.
Don't think about aging too much. It will happen anyway. So there's no point.
Just enjoy your live as much as you can.
I like your posts.
They are always funny, even if I don't agree.
Why oh why do people feel so angry and insulted if someone has another opinion? Do you know?

Unfortunately, yes it is. Time is a b*tch. When your young you think it's your friend. You can spend it anyway you please. You can waste it because you think there is an endless supply. It lulls you into a false sense of complacency as if things will be the same forever.

Until one day you wake up and you realize that you no longer feel the same way and you don't look the same and you go to a club or bar and you think your friend Time is by your side, but it's not. Then you look at a table filled with young beautiful people laughing and having fun and there is Time sitting next to them looking and laughing at you sarcastically as if to say "what the hell are you doing here?" And that's when it hits you right between the eyes. Time is limited, finite, precious and wasted on the young because they don't fully appreciate what they have.
But remember you'll never be as old as Mick Jagger so it's all relative.

But remember you'll never be as old as Mick Jagger so it's all relative.

Funny you bring him up. Every time I think of their song Time Is on My Side I laugh. Time is not on our side. In fact, it is the exact opposite. It's a cheating, stealing, lying thief. Cruel at its core. Giving us all wonderful things only to take them away little by little if we're lucky or all at once if we're not.

One of my favorite parts of Who Put The M is when Moz asks:

Where did the years go?
Why did the years go?

He first put this forth at age 29. The best analogy I can make is that time is a beautiful, shiny sports car. I get in and love how fast it goes. A thrill ride with my foot firmly on the gas pedal never thinking about slowing down. Then I realize everything is passing by too fast so I try to apply the brake only to find that there isn't one and the doors are locked so I can't get out.

Then the truth presents itself clearly. Only two things can happen next. Either I run out of gas or crash. Time is on my side...please.

Relax peeps...just one way to look at it.

Hi evennow, you've said it very well.:)
But don't let it bring you down, cause even time is relative.
As everything is, also that time is relative.;)

I know these words are just semantics and wordplay but I believe or at least hope there is an escape and the only escape for me is in imagination and fantasy of the human brain. All individual human brains.

You got me with your image of time like driving in a sports car.:brows:
I immediately remembered when I had one and had so much fun with it. Though it was not only for the exhilarating feeling of acceleration but also about engine sound and having to control some wild beast. Steering, braking and the lot.:p
Mind you, it was a real sports car and you had to work hard to control it. But it was great fun.

I remember at high engine revs 5500/6000 rpm lifting my foot from the gas pedal and hearing all these gurgling and explosive sounds from the exhaust. Ha. It turned me on.:lbf:

At least people are living longer than ever these days
Yes people are living longer these days because of advances in medical science. Although we are living longer will still age and then die. We are mortals. Our physical bodies die and go on to become dust in the earth. I'm a Christian I believe when we die our soul/spirit lives on in Heaven. We have a new body and we never age in Heaven and live there with Father God Almighty and Lord Jesus Christ forever. That is the gospel which means the "good news". I believe by faith, by belief in Lord Jesus Christ and by God's merciful grace we are saved. I ask Jesus for forgiveness of my sins. I'm not trying to be funny I take my faith seriously. Andy Rourke claims to be a Christian but he isn't big in born-again, bible-believing Christian circles. If he is still involved with the Roman Catholic church system then I'm sorry but I believe that to be an apostate church and not true Christianity. For instance how much does he study The Bible (the word of God), pray for others or preach the gospel. Why did he get divorced from his first wife, sleep with different women and get into debt. Why does he swear and have a party lifestyle. I heard Andy Rourke aspires to be like the reprobate rockstar Liam Gallagher who was popular in the 1990s. Sorry but it seems wrong to me. Morrissey is rockstar of sorts but he is a much better man with integrity and I believe he is celibate.

I believe by faith, by belief in Lord Jesus Christ and by God's merciful grace we are saved. I ask Jesus for forgiveness of my sins. Morrissey is rockstar of sorts but he is a much better man with integrity and I believe he is celibate.

Actually I'm pretty certain that Jesus is a fictional character like Hamlet or Spongebob Squarepants. There is no evidence he ever existed that would actually stand up to scrutiny. Cleopatra was alive shortly before the time Jesus is alleged to have lived and there is plenty of evidence for her, so it's not just that it was so long ago. And you could say that maybe there is no historical evidence because he was not a major character and that his fame has grown, but there are lots of obscure people whose existence is well documented. Jesus is a myth just like Thor or Zeus.
But I kind of feel like the person making the posts about Jesus is just trying to bait everyone anyway. If so, well done. Now please get an account so I can put you on ignore.

Religion = insanity

When my husband died I often reflexively threw my arms up in the air asking "God" to protect him because I couldn't do it anymore. Then I realised that I had just talked to this God whose spokespeople here on Earth think that we are nothing but vile sinners, tantamount to paedophiles and murderers.

For me, religion stands in the way of faith and spirituality.

No need to swear to get your point across. The other three Smiths Morrissey, Johnny Marr and Mike Joyce are all ageing gracefully and they wear age appropriate clothing. Part of the reason why some people object to Andy Rourke in particular is he has abused his body in various ways through drug abuse, alcohol abuse, smoking, eating red meat and other unhealthy foods. If he hadn't done this he would look a lot better today. I agree with you the ageing process is part of life and something we all go through eventually- if we live that long! It's true Andy Rourke isn't a male model. Andy Rourke is a rockstar, a legend to some, a celebrity not just an everyday musician. Rourkey is in a way the Keith Richards of his generation. Andy Rourke has always been into the rock 'n' roll lifestyle and leads a largely immoral life. Just some simple changes to his lifestyle could help him such as getting more exercise, eating more fresh vegetables or drinking more water! I heard he hangs out with some trendy hipsters in New York which might be at least half his age. It sounds like to me the guy is going through some sort of a midlife crisis and is desperate to hold onto his youth.

Long time no see, Andy I.

Back
Top Bottom