Andy Rourke and Johnny Marr today

Simply click (for anyone except anon):

Screenshot_20220228-134558~3.png

FWD.

He was, his Kill Uncle tour in 1991 was huge here and he played very large venues and people were very pleased to hear the solo stuff. I know I went for the solo stuff.
I think you might have misunderstood my post. I know the Kill Uncle tour was massively popular, and looking at the videos of Morrissey around that time I can totally see the attraction. If you think the mania was solely or even primarily based on his post-Smiths music, then that surprises me. Anyway, I can't imagine that the other ex-Smiths saw it that way. I don't know if they have expressed their feelings. I am in the middle of reading Marr's autobiography as I am trying to understand how we got to the present-day animosity.

I think you might have misunderstood my post. I know the Kill Uncle tour was massively popular, and looking at the videos of Morrissey around that time I can totally see the attraction. If you think the mania was solely or even primarily based on his post-Smiths music, then that surprises me. Anyway, I can't imagine that the other ex-Smiths saw it that way. I don't know if they have expressed their feelings. I am in the middle of reading Marr's autobiography as I am trying to understand how we got to the present-day animosity.

:rolleyes:

WTF? the popularity of the KU tour was not based on the Moz solo material which was 90 percent of the show?
the other Smiths? the ones that were laying about doing nothing?:lbf:

the other lawnmowers can ban together into a smiths tribute act doing nothing but smiths songs and flies will the only ones attending the dumb shows.:lbf:

Moz is and was the Smiths, it is what it is. We now know LePepe was as much a lawnmowers
as the other two, glommers.😡

:hammer:

:rolleyes:

WTF? the popularity of the KU tour was not based on the Moz solo material which was 90 percent of the show?
the other Smiths? the ones that were laying about doing nothing?:lbf:

the other lawnmowers can ban together into a smiths tribute act doing nothing but smiths songs and flies will the only ones attending the dumb shows.:lbf:

Moz is and was the Smiths, it is what it is. We now know LePepe was as much a lawnmowers
as the other two, glommers.😡

:hammer:
Yes :love: he did all solo material, except for a Dolls cover and a Jam cover. I saw him a year later on the Your Arsenal tour and he did all solo material and a Suede cover, so this was really about his solo work. I am betting people there did not even know who Marr was, he really was just a distant memory by then.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom