Andy Rourke and Johnny Marr today

If you know any decent lawyers they will tell you to settle out of court. If you can't resolve things out of court to your satisfaction, don't be surprised if the judge doesn't do it for you.

That is by no means the half of the story. Not by a long shot.
No apparently there was some half baked love affair in the middle of it all you clueless baked bean.

:)

FH Mike likely back to being broke:lbf:
i see an 'auction' on the horizon(n)
no know job ever.:lbf:

how come none of these dumb podcasts ever asks the obvious question to the lawnmowers:
'do you plan on finding honest work'o_O

:hammer:

From a purely legal point of view and under the law of obligations, I would guess, that Mike Joyce did not execute into the Morrisseys' family home (with several owners in the land register) until he had previously exhausted all possibilities of going directly to Morrissey. The question is why didn't the former singer of The Smiths pay the debt directly and let it get this far? At the latest when it was clear that the possibilities of appeal had been exhausted.

My dream would be to see the Smiths perform just one time together. But I know that Moz wouldn't be game. Such a shame that I'll never get to see my favorite band perform. This picture is so lovely and I agree with other commenters in the fact that at least these two can get along still 😊
The trouble is that if The Smiths reformed in 2022, people would automatically and unkindly compare it to the last time they toured in 1986 when they were still young men. They don't look or sound the same anymore.

For example, if all four Beatles were still alive in the 2000s and reformed for a world tour, the hype would be off the scale, but the actual performances would probably be something of a let down.

Morrissey may no longer be the youngish man thrashing around the stage like he was on the Kill Uncle tour, but at least there has been continuity in his solo career. Since 1991 there hasn't really been any huge gaps between tours, even during periods when he's been unsigned. In fact, there have only been 8 calendar years out of the last 31 when he hasn't toured at all (1993, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2010), and 1993/1994 were the only consecutive non touring years. So as a solo artist there has never been a huge chasm between young Moz and middle aged Moz. He's aged, but he's done so gradually. And his fans have aged with him.

But if he went back to being the lead singer of a (reunited) Smiths, the only comparison to make would be with as he appeared and sounded in the 1980s, and that would be unfair.

A one night reunion concert might be a let down, but a new batch of Morrissey/Marr tracks might be immortal . . .

This personally is what would mean the most to me.

From a purely legal point of view and under the law of obligations, I would guess, that Mike Joyce did not execute into the Morrisseys' family home (with several owners in the land register) until he had previously exhausted all possibilities of going directly to Morrissey.

The question is why didn't the former singer of The Smiths pay the debt directly and let it get this far?

Both Morrissey and Marr believed, and most likely still do, that Andy and Mike agreed to the ten percent.
And maybe the reason why they went to court, is that both Morrissey and Marr believed they were right (are right).

Unfortunately, because Mike and Andy never signed an agreement there was no proof on paper, so the law/judge was in Mike/Andy’s favor.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Marr threatened Mike and Andy by saying that he would leave The Smiths if they did not agree to the ten percent, so they agreed. Of course, Marr was pressured (I believe) by Morrissey to get them to agree. But besides that, Marr himself must have felt that the ten percent for Mike and Andy was fair. Especially with Andy being his close friend.

At the latest when it was clear that the possibilities of appeal had been exhausted.

Both Morrissey and Marr believed, and most likely still do, that Andy and Mike agreed to the ten percent.
And maybe the reason why they went to court, is that both Morrissey and Marr believed they were right (are right).

Unfortunately, because Mike and Andy never signed an agreement there was no proof on paper, so the law/judge was in Mike/Andy’s favor.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Marr threatened Mike and Andy by saying that he would leave The Smiths if they did not agree to the ten percent, so they agreed. Of course, Marr was pressured (I believe) by Morrissey to get them to agree. But besides that, Marr himself must have felt that the ten percent for Mike and Andy was fair. Especially with Andy being his close friend.

It's got to be said that Andy, Mike and Johnny were all teenagers when this arrangement was struck, they were just kids. They really needed a manager and legal representation. And Johnny helped to hide Andy's heroin addiction from Morrissey and the public for years until it came to a head in 1986. Andy was indebted to Johnny.

Tell us again about the love affair between Joyce and Morrissey of which you have exclusive knowledge. I could use a laugh.
He has previously stated that he “ain’t” going to tell anyone what he knows and he “ain’t” going to tell us who told him. “So tough”.
He thinks this piece of information (gossip that he has made up) makes him a big-shooter in the world of Morrissey, threatening to bring down his career any time he sees fit.

Oh, the pitiless revenge of those without friends
The pitiless, the pitiless revenge

FH Mike likely back to being broke:lbf:
i see an 'auction' on the horizon(n)
no know job ever.:lbf:

how come none of these dumb podcasts ever asks the obvious question to the lawnmowers:
'do you plan on finding honest work'o_O

It's hard to be motivated to go out to work when you have a lot of money already. I get the impression that Mike was very keen to be Morrissey's drummer in the years after Marr left the Smiths, but it reminded Morrissey too much of what had been lost. So is that Mike's fault? Did he do anything wrong before he was dropped? Looking at the huge success Morrissey had solo, especially in America, must have been so hard for the other ex-Smiths, knowing it could have been them receiving the adulation, that really their music had inspired.

Oh the court case! I was already wondering how come we NEVER discussed this topic on Morrissey-solo yet :)....

It's got to be said that Andy, Mike and Johnny were all teenagers when this arrangement was struck, they were just kids. They really needed a manager and legal representation.

Yes and that is why the court was in Mike and Andy’s favor. Morrissey and Marr did not get the agreement done on paper.

And Johnny helped to hide Andy's heroin addiction from Morrissey and the public for years until it came to a head in 1986. Andy was indebted to Johnny.

Yes they were close friends, which is why I said that Johnny must have felt that the ten percent agreement was fair.

Oh the court case! I was already wondering how come we NEVER discussed this topic on Morrissey-solo yet :)....

We won't rest
Until the hearse that becomes us
Finally takes us

;)

It's hard to be motivated to go out to work when you have a lot of money already. I get the impression that Mike was very keen to be Morrissey's drummer in the years after Marr left the Smiths, but it reminded Morrissey too much of what had been lost. So is that Mike's fault? Did he do anything wrong before he was dropped? Looking at the huge success Morrissey had solo, especially in America, must have been so hard for the other ex-Smiths, knowing it could have been them receiving the adulation, that really their music had inspired.

no it was Moz fault that FH Mike was a sucy drummer.:lbf:
he was dropped, like all lawnmowers, soon after they joined a 'group', it
wasnt Moz the only one dropped them. all three have been dropped for
lack of musical skills.o_O the LePep lasted but one album apiece with the crib
and the mouse groups and then was peremptorily excused and asked to go
on his own way.:straightface:
Moz success in America was hard on the lawnmowers? why not go to America
and get a job? Moz did hard work for his success i didnt see the lawnmowers
throwing quids on him FFS
Moz is not their own personal dole office, where they demand incessant ups
on their monthly sums. :hammer:

It's got to be said that Andy, Mike and Johnny were all teenagers when this arrangement was struck, they were just kids. They really needed a manager and legal representation. And Johnny helped to hide Andy's heroin addiction from Morrissey and the public for years until it came to a head in 1986. Andy was indebted to Johnny.

according to FH Mike and DH Andy, teenager LePepe was most devious, scamming since he was a teenager, he got a higher cut for doing as much as the other lawnmowers:mad:

🇭🇷:hammer:

no it was Moz fault that FH Mike was a sucy drummer.:lbf:
he was dropped, like all lawnmowers, soon after they joined a 'group', it
wasnt Moz the only one dropped them. all three have been dropped for
lack of musical skills.o_O the LePep lasted but one album apiece with the crib
and the mouse groups and then was peremptorily excused and asked to go
on his own way.:straightface:
Moz success in America was hard on the lawnmowers? why not go to America
and get a job? Moz did hard work for his success i didnt see the lawnmowers
throwing quids on him FFS
Moz is not their own personal dole office, where they demand incessant ups
on their monthly sums. :hammer:
You might be critical of the ex-Smiths' musical skills, but I've never seen evidence that Morrissey is. I'll quote from Autobiography: 'Although Rourke and Joyce had gamefully participated in the 1989 singles...the unhappy past descends upon me each time I hear their voices and I decide not to invite them to any further recording sessions.' So, supposing you were in their position, would you join another band, hoping that with the passing of time Morrissey would favour you again? If you did, wouldn't your first loyalty to your current band, and you might not feel able to leave just because Morrissey came calling. Or would you stay free, just in case, and get accused of idleness? It seems Catch-22 to me.

You might be critical of the ex-Smiths' musical skills, but I've never seen evidence that Morrissey is. I'll quote from Autobiography: 'Although Rourke and Joyce had gamefully participated in the 1989 singles...the unhappy past descends upon me each time I hear their voices and I decide not to invite them to any further recording sessions.' So, supposing you were in their position, would you join another band, hoping that with the passing of time Morrissey would favour you again? If you did, wouldn't your first loyalty to your current band, and you might not feel able to leave just because Morrissey came calling. Or would you stay free, just in case, and get accused of idleness? It seems Catch-22 to me.
they were going to sit there without looking for work, hoping that Moz someday would up their dole?
why didnt they go pester their 'childhood mate', the truculent one>LePepeo_O

Moz was being diplomatic. He couldnt continue to carry them specially since they were linked as 'mates' with
the LePepe, who by the way, ignored them just about all the time, for the so called 'studio sessions' he participated in,
gave them, his "MATES" the NO GO:nogood:
they werent mates with Moz but with the evil one, LePep👿

so their position is that they have had no job in 40 yrs hoping that Moz gave them a job? stay jobless just in case?
even after suing Moz, Moz is expected to feed them and their families???:crazy:

note how DH Andy went to that so called Crazy Face Saloona Factory, but was NOT
offered a job. Why not LePep, whats up? explain yourself.:straightface:

they were going to sit there without looking for work, hoping that Moz someday would up their dole?
why didnt they go pester their 'childhood mate', the truculent one>LePepeo_O

Moz was being diplomatic. He couldnt continue to carry them specially since they were linked as 'mates' with
the LePepe, who by the way, ignored them just about all the time, for the so called 'studio sessions' he participated in,
gave them, his "MATES" the NO GO:nogood:
they werent mates with Moz but with the evil one, LePep👿

so their position is that they have had no job in 40 yrs hoping that Moz gave them a job? stay jobless just in case?
even after suing Moz, Moz is expected to feed them and their families???:crazy:

note how DH Andy went to that so called Crazy Face Saloona Factory, but was NOT
offered a job. Why not LePep, whats up? explain yourself.:straightface:

Why would Morrissey be diplomatic in his autobiography, when it was written long after he had first started to loathe Mike? I don't know if and he and the other two wanted to get back into his band before the court case, but if I'd been in the greatest band ever then I would sure want to get back in. And as great as Viva Hate and Bona Drag are, does anyone think that Morrissey was headlining major US venues, selling out tickets in record time, and living in the Sunset Marquis by 1991 on the strength of his solo music alone? I don't think so.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom