Andy Rourke and Johnny Marr today

I think we've kind of forgotten what people really look like as they age, with so many people using botox and other treatments. My friends do it, it's available to everyone now, as well as plastic surgery.

We all grow old, it happens.
It's better to live a life and show you have lived rather than do nothing and look 21 until you are 61
agree.
I can't help but think his "diet " has been unwise.
not big on salads is he.
I remember once Kristeen Young said when she would rock up to the gigs in Mexico. they would have a film of him in his younger years playing outside the stadiums
:confused::unsure:
I mean, look at Brett Anderson and Jarvis, yes they look older, sure . But there is a youthfulness about them, the way they move and so on

but, have they lived? As far as I can see, it’s been the ‘still life’ for both of them.

Bryon Ferry at 70, looked younger than M at 55.
And he thanks Mick everyday for stealing Jerry Hall away from him.

And maybe M, doesn't dye his hair or run marathons, but he is still vain, he still uses beauty products and works out, He isn't Mark E Smith
Apples to oranges. And Fiery Jack ?
Amphetamines will age you twenty fold.

You can look old and still look handsome and he remains a handsome man, its just a shame his sharp sense of style seemed to vanished the further he strayed from the UK

:laughing:

agree.

not big on salads is he.

:confused::unsure:

but, have they lived? As far as I can see, it’s been the ‘still life’ for both of them.

And he thanks Mick everyday for stealing Jerry Hall away from him.

Apples to oranges. And Fiery Jack ?
Amphetamines will age you twenty fold.

:laughing:

What’s your definition of having lived or having a still life?

Two things to take into consideration....

First off, I’m not a psychoanalyst in real life, but I do play one on solo.
That said, we all here have years of those younger images of Morrissey and the others ingrained on our brains. So when we see how any of them look now, aware of it or not, there’s always going to be this comparison going on. I’m thinking this produces some conflict and shapes our judgement and our reaction to the reality of their present day appearance. Also these sharp contrast of images against images that we once identified so strongly with(and maybe still do?), may force us to take a second look in the mirror and realize our own mortality, which is something most of us try to avoid everyday, the realization of our own death.

or not.

Also, it would be interesting to see what their fathers look like now or did in their later years. Because it’s not always one’s diet and lifestyle that dictates the appearance or how one ages. So we should take into consideration one’s genes, and as we all know, Morrissey has usually worn the most ill-fitting pair he could get his hands on.

Last edited:
It's nice to know not everyone in the Smiths hates each other these days -with the bass in the background, hopefully they had time to do a bit of playing together. :guitar:
At age 15 Johnny went to live with his best friend Andy R, Johnny said in a report. They are lifelong friends. I wish Moz would join them... Obviamemte Joyce is not welcome to the reunion group.... Moz hates it and with great reason

This thread is much more interesting than the actor of the series Soprano?? ,I don't watch series,I don't use Netflix I'm sorry,. This thread should be the main one, I saw the photo on Instagramarr and I thought that the Solo sure would publish it, but in the main part that actor came out

Regardless of how you feel about Marr's recent comments, he wasn't making fun of Morrissey's appearance as a few people here are trying to do in regards to Marr. These themselves have apparently fallen into the fountain of youth forever. Marr never wears a wig but he may dye his hair. People who obsess about it are a case for the neurologist or have no life @ all..
If a psychiatrist wanted to say, and I agree, in my opinion Johnny doesn't wear a wig and if he wore it he would change? that we care whether or not he wears a wig

If a psychiatrist wanted to say, and I agree, in my opinion Johnny doesn't wear a wig and if he wore it he would change? that we care whether or not he wears a wig

‘sometimes a wig is just a wig’

- Sigmund Freud

Two things to take into consideration....

First off, I’m not a psychoanalyst in real life, but I do play one on solo.
That said, we all here have years of those younger images of Morrissey and the others ingrained on our brains. So when we see how any of them look now, aware of it or not, there’s always going to be this comparison going on. I’m thinking this produces some conflict and shapes our judgement and our reaction to the reality of their present day appearance. Also these sharp contrast of images against images that we once identified so strongly with(and maybe still do?), may force us to take a second look in the mirror and realize our own mortality, which is something most of us try to avoid everyday, the realization of our own death.

or not.

Also, it would be interesting to see what their fathers look like now or did in their later years. Because it’s not always one’s diet and lifestyle that dictates the appearance or how one ages. So we should take into consideration one’s genes, and as we all know, Morrissey has usually worn the most ill-fitting pair he could get his hands on.

Moz needs to lose a few kilos, not so many ... and do more physical activity to not lose muscle mass, that is, I would improve the flaccidity that Moz has in certain parts of the body, but for me he is beautiful inside and out,

:)

Moz looks exc (y)
with much verite and gravitas(y)
not like hes malnourished.o_O

:hammer:

Malnourished no, the loss of muscle mass, is called sarcopenia and is something that happens when we are getting older, it is part of the effect of the passage of time, so you have to strengthen the muscles and also the joints, if Johnny is very skinny but I do not think he is malnourished, that is another thing.,

Moz needs to lose a few kilos, not so many ... and do more physical activity to not lose muscle mass, that is, I would improve the flaccidity that Moz has in certain parts of the body, but for me he is beautiful inside and out,
10kgs need to go, fire up the hair transplant and return the quiff to its former glory and give the teeth a quick polish and he's good to go.

Good to see Andy looking so well. You'd worry about him. Johnny looks fit and well too although he needs to do a McCartney and introduce some grey into his colour job. I'd love to see a photo with Mike. I never understood why there wasn't a rapprochement there with Johnny at least.

Good to see Andy looking so well. You'd worry about him. Johnny looks fit and well too although he needs to do a McCartney and introduce some grey into his colour job. I'd love to see a photo with Mike. I never understood why there wasn't a rapprochement there with Johnny at least.
Apparently, at least for Johnny Marr, there is a difference whether the dispute about the royalties was settled out of court at the last second or had to go all the way to the last instance.

Apparently, at least for Johnny Marr, there is a difference whether the dispute about the royalties was settled out of court at the last second or had to go all the way to the last instance.
both Mike and Johnny were counting on settling. It was Morrissey, convinced he would win, that went forward with the case. Mike destroyed the band’s legacy and betrayed their friendship with that court case.

Because in the court case Joyce's argument was pretty much that Johnny and Morrissey had knowingly ripped him off. It called not only Morrissey's character and honesty into question, but also Johnny Marr's.

That is something that seems to be forgotten. It wasn't Joyce v Morrissey. It was Joyce v Morrissey and Marr.

Morrissey was always the outspoken, polarising figure, and remains so to this day. Marr was always the well respected nice guy. So when the court found in Joyce's favour, the newspapers saw it as 'evidence' that Morrissey must be a bad guy. But where was the criticism of Marr? Marr refuted Joyce's claims, just like Morrissey did. That's why Marr fought it and it went to court.

Marr may have chosen to quietly and reluctantly accept the court's verdict, instead of fighting it all the way like Morrissey did. But that doesn't mean he suddenly had an epiphany where he decided Joyce was right all along. Like Morrissey, Marr hasn't forgiven him.

Why would he want to reach out to somebody who took him to court for money that he (Marr) didn't think he deserved, calling his character into question in the process?

:)

Moz doesnt have loss of mass because he eats properly while Bernard has confirmed that LePep eats seeds..
then at his age, runs around Hale at a clip of 10k a day, according to 'insider sources':lbf:
this is why he is in the state he is in, with no mass or hair,

as for FH Mike its like the movie where the one gangster berates the gangsters, 'we are here to scam (Moz)
NOT to get scammed'. FFS, FH Mike to this day has no job(n):hammer:

All well and good, but shouldn't age also lead to the possibility of jumping over a big big shadow? Morrissey is deeply offended to this day. He can never get over details, such as Mikes's money collectors dropping in on his beloved mother.

So it's like that 2019 - :
Mike + Andy (sometimes)
Andy + Johnny (always)
Morrissey + nobody (always)

All well and good, but shouldn't age also lead to the possibility of jumping over a big big shadow? Morrissey is deeply offended to this day. He can never get over details, such as Mikes's money collectors dropping in on his beloved mother.

So it's like that 2019 - :
Mike + Andy (sometimes)
Andy + Johnny (always)
Morrissey + nobody (always)
A lot of people seem to forget that Elizabeth and Jacquline + Kids
We’re moments away from being
Flung out of their own homes, due to Joyce’s actions.
I’m not surprised Moz will never forgive.
I think I would feel exactly the same
As Moz .

A lot of people seem to forget that Elizabeth and Jacquline + Kids
We’re moments away from being
Flung out of their own homes, due to Joyce’s actions.
I’m not surprised Moz will never forgive.
I think I would feel exactly the same
As Moz .
That is by no means the half of the story. Not by a long shot.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom