Andy Rourke and Johnny Marr today

Your Both looking good, the way technology has moved on now pa systems ,lighting, effects, stages, had the smiths got back together the atmosphere would of been amazing you'd fill Wembley in tickets sales in seconds but I'm talking as a musician that never made it i supported some big bands played CBGBs but never made any money in fact zero money so maybe when you've been as big as the smiths you might loose that hunger great to see you all very busy in music that's a huge blessing to be comfortable and doing what you love all the best

This should be good on Sky Arts this Friday.

New. Johnny Marr: Take an in depth look at the work and life of Johnny Marr, as told by the former guitarist and songwriter of The Smiths himself.

This should be good on Sky Arts this Friday.

New. Johnny Marr: Take an in depth look at the work and life of Johnny Marr, as told by the former guitarist and songwriter of The Smiths himself.

Nice, I wondered when this episode would be on, should be a great watch.

As is a Rolex 🃏

Your Both looking good, the way technology has moved on now pa systems ,lighting, effects, stages, had the smiths got back together the atmosphere would of been amazing you'd fill Wembley in tickets sales in seconds but I'm talking as a musician that never made it i supported some big bands played CBGBs but never made any money in fact zero money so maybe when you've been as big as the smiths you might loose that hunger great to see you all very busy in music that's a huge blessing to be comfortable and doing what you love all the best
:)
WtF? lose the hunger? they have no money or jobs FFS
now LePepe is making ANOTHER podcast about his 'life' (aka glomming Moz)
maybe this will be a podcast ON the podcasts, which is basically all he does

:hammer:

They look 100 times better than Morrissey though.
Morrissey means the world to me , in my own way., but these two look so much more healthy than Morrissey
and Johnny took shed loads of drugs and so did Andy, as we know he was hooked on H
Meanwhile
"Straight edge" M, the veggie ..Looks way way worse.
Just goes to show when your main drug of choice is booze, you are gonna be in trouble

(and yes I am well aware M was never straight edge... from the booze to fags to the well, Vally Of the dolls, anyone )

You get what you give, what you take, takes from you
Moz lets his age show, lets his hair go grey, isn't running marathons but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. There is dignity in just being who you are. Johnny looks great but he's younger, plus he turned his life around and stopped drinking/drugging/smoking 20 years ago. If he hadn't, it would have been a different story.

You can't be serious.
Mike looks good but Marr...com'on...he looks malnourished , frail and pale and there is something pathetic about him trying to parrot the Z-generation trends and his unsettling "raven hair".
Morrissey on the other hand looks good.

Not sure if you are a fan of the Smiths, but Mike isn't in this picture. Marr was always tiny, however he has tons of energy on stage.

Morrissey looks his age for sure.

Someone here once wrote, that Morrissey doesn't cope well with his outer decay and that's why he hasn't had a current face on an album cover since 2014. Marr has aged well. I'm glad, he seems happy. I preordered the Electronic remix 12" for RSD 2022, btw. Barney and Johnny had some great tunes, especially in the beginning.

Regardless of how you feel about Marr's recent comments, he wasn't making fun of Morrissey's appearance as a few people here are trying to do in regards to Marr. These themselves have apparently fallen into the fountain of youth forever. Marr never wears a wig bur he may dye his hair. People who obsess about it are a case for the neurologist or have no life @ all..
Marr has actually admitted to dying his hair - he said it was just a desire to have different colour (i.e. a style statement) like people in the bands he liked when growing up, rather than trying to look younger.

Last edited:
:)
WtF? lose the hunger? they have no money or jobs FFS
now LePepe is making ANOTHER podcast about his 'life' (aka glomming Moz)
maybe this will be a podcast ON the podcasts, which is basically all he does

For someone who hates all these pod casts by JM you always know when they are ...
Give the guy a break...
And you increase your Ritalin.

Marr has admitted to dying his hair - he said it was just a desire to have different colour (i.e. a style statement) rather than trying to look younger.

he had black hair back in the day now has a :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, aka hair helmet wig.:handok:
he ll be 80 yr old and the wig will look the same. he dyes the sides around the dome
so as not to look like DH Andy who has a strange combination going.

he had black hair back in the day now has a :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:, aka hair helmet wig.:handok:
he ll be 80 yr old and the wig will look the same. he dyes the sides around the dome
so as not to look like DH Andy who has a strange combination going.

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Somebody 🙄
Has got a hair fetish

Along with other multiple
Human / alien disorders

You're right! Moz probably got roasted!

I pray for more compassion than that for their old friend's evident suffering.

Strange . . . might this mean that all three are possibly in the same part of the UK right now?

This is Marr's studio outside Manchester, I think?

Rourke was the one who reached out to Marr, as the latter reports in Set the Boy Free . . .

I pray for more compassion than that for their old friend's evident suffering.

Strange . . . might this mean that all three are possibly in the same part of the UK right now?

This is Marr's studio outside Manchester, I think?

Rourke was the one who reached out to Marr, as the latter reports in Set the Boy Free . . .
Moz took his “suffering” out on Johnny publicly in a way that was meant to humiliate him. Doubt he’s going to get any sympathy from these two old friends. It will only remind them why they are estranged.

I like how they coordinated their outfits and the guitars accessorize. I think they might have put highlights in each other's hair, too.

My dream would be to see the Smiths perform just one time together. But I know that Moz wouldn't be game. Such a shame that I'll never get to see my favorite band perform. This picture is so lovely and I agree with other commenters in the fact that at least these two can get along still 😊

Moz lets his age show, lets his hair go grey, isn't running marathons but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. There is dignity in just being who you are. Johnny looks great but he's younger, plus he turned his life around and stopped drinking/drugging/smoking 20 years ago. If he hadn't, it would have been a different story.
Well, I agree. with what you are saying, I wasn't attacking him. I was simply pointing out his lifestyle, hasn't done him any favours.
I mean he has always looked older than his years. The trouble was when he got to his 40s, he really started to change
to the point where he was almost unrecognisable to his Smiths/90s self.

We all grow old, it happens.
It's better to live a life and show you have lived rather than do nothing and look 21 until you are 61
I can't help but think his "diet " has been unwise.
I remember once Kristeen Young said when she would rock up to the gigs in Mexico. they would have a film of him in his younger years playing outside the stadiums
She said , its like a different person, the way he looks, moves the lot. She was right.

I mean, look at Brett Anderson and Jarvis, yes they look older, sure . But there is a youthfulness about them, the way they move and so on
Bryon Ferry at 70, looked younger than M at 55.

And maybe M, doesn't dye his hair or run marathons, but he is still vain, he still uses beauty products and works out, He isn't Mark E Smith

By the way, just cause I am saying he looks older than his years, I am not saying he looks awful or anything like that
You can look old and still look handsome and he remains a handsome man, its just a shame his sharp sense of style seemed to vanished the further he strayed from the UK

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom