'Andy Burnham Says Morrissey Was An Inspiration' - Huffington Post

Andy Burnham Says Morrissey Was An Inspiration But Risk Of Feeling 'Slightly Superior' Made Him 'Go Off' Smiths - Huffington Post

Excerpt:

Andy Burnham has revealed how indie icon Morrissey is to "blame" for him becoming a politician, but also how he started to "go off" The Smiths for fear of appearing "slightly superior", embracing the Stone Roses instead.

'In an interview with The Huffington Post UK, the Labour leadership contender talks of seeing the band as a youngster in the "heat of the moment", which is in contrast to David Cameron, also a Smiths' fan.'

Last edited by a moderator:
The Labour Party was destroyed forever when they thought it funny to leave this note in the drawer for the new coalition government. "Dear Chief Secretary, I'm afraid there is no money. With kind regards - and good luck! Liam."
Apparently Ed Balls has said it was a joke !
It never made me laugh or anyone else I know come to think of it.
I couldn't give a toss who gets their job.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

The Labour Party was destroyed forever when they thought it funny to leave this note in the drawer for the new coalition government. "Dear Chief Secretary, I'm afraid there is no money. With kind regards - and good luck! Liam."
Apparently Ed Balls has said it was a joke !
It never made me laugh or anyone else I know come to think of it.
I couldn't give a toss who gets their job.

A sensible post from you for once. :) I like this Benny.

A sensible post from you for once. :) I like this Benny.

I will never forget that letter as long as I live !
However I have forgotten the name of their leader ? The one who sounded like he had a loo roll rammed up his nostrils.

The Labour Party leadership candidates, apart from dear ol Jezza, are insipid vacuous neo-liberal c***s. this is just more political opportunism with Burnham attempting to prove how hip and down with da yoof he is.

The Labour Party leadership candidates, apart from dear ol Jezza, are insipid vacuous neo-liberal c***s. this is just more political opportunism with Burnham attempting to prove how hip and down with da yoof he is.

I'm behind Corbyn, but I don't think Burnham is a bad guy. If only he could be true to himself and accept that privatisation and deepening inequality isn't acceptable, he could be great.

British politics/politicians/expenses , British child sex scandals, British banking, British holy land of asylum and handouts, British forein aid, band aid, Red Nose Day, sexually abused children in need day, comic relief day ! I could go on and on, the sad truth is we just bend over and take it up the wrong un! We've lost the energy to fight back. Westminster has let us down, it's time for hard working Brits to desert this island and seek asylum in countries that reward hard work and effort.
I'm a hard working tax payer ! Get me out of heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere !

If we flash back forty years or so, the Prime Minister and candidate for Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition of the time would have been competing for Fleet Street fealty to British institutions, the Windsors, their favourite brand of tea, that sort of thing.

But today, politicians must demonstrate their NME cred by pledging their allegiance to Sir Stephen Patrick Morrissey (can his Title be that far away?) and the House of The Smiths. Who these days in politics even whispers about being influenced by Prince Charles' views of organics, architecture, noblesse oblige?

In this way, although he sit not in the Speaker's Chair nor the House of Lords, Mr. Morrissey (for now) is, in his own inimitable way, very much modern British royalty.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom