Andy Burnham (Labour MP) says ''The Smiths have not stood the test of time''

Maybe he should have come to the Morrissey birthday come-back in May '04 as I did at M.E.N.
But maybe he was still having his wee panties changed

Phoney Blair! Like it!

What is it about the Stone Roses that gets everyone so excited? A very unremarkable band.

What is it about the Stone Roses that gets everyone so excited? A very unremarkable band.

The Roses are indeed rightly up there, the difference is during their 5 year hiatus between first and second album, they built up a mystic about them such was the greatness of their debut (possibly the greatest debut album ever in my opinion) and the weight of expectation.
The second album is largely forgotton about (and rightly discussed in the 'Shaun of the Dead' film :rofl: )

Plebs like Burnham should realise in the time it took the Roses to complete their second album, The Smiths had produced all four of their studio albums during a similar 5 year period.
The reunion and two subsequant films released last month have just added to the hype / excitement / myth (delete as appropriate).

Should (and I hope it never happens) The Smiths get back together, toss pots like Burnham will be falling over themselves to tell us how relevant the band have always been and continue to be so...........

Jukebox ''Come On City'' Jury :thumb:

PS no idea why I am posting as snowfallsoon

Last edited:
Re:

Jukebox Jury, you MUST SING OUT from snowfallsoon's account.

Clicking "sign out" on top right corner.

If you keep using this excuse, snowfallsoon's account will be banned.

Re:

Jukebox Jury, you MUST SING OUT from snowfallsoon's account.

Clicking "sign out" on top right corner.

If you keep using this excuse, snowfallsoon's account will be banned.

I didn't SING into the account so just calm yourself down..........
I see you have still not lost your knack for wanting to ban people for pathetic reasons. You are here as a Mod to help and support people who use the site, yet you still seem to go around like a dick-tator.
If I wanted to abuse the account of snowfallsoon, I wouldn't have singed myself off as Jukebox Jury would I? But your headmasterly way or ruling with an iron rod doesn't allow for error does it?
So I shall sing out of the account as you have pathetically and rudely demanded and I shall also sing myself out of bothering again to post on this site whilst a f***wit like you is still at the helm.
Your really have no clue to self awareness do you?
How many Mods are there? Yet it had to be you weighing in with the rudeness and threats - none of the other Mods or administrator felt it needed to make such rude comments but you just couldn't help yourself, could you?
You are a f***ing joke

Re:

I see you have still not lost your knack for wanting to ban people for pathetic reasons. You are here as a Mod to help and support people who use the site, yet you still seem to go around like a dick-tator.
If I wanted to abuse the account of snowfallsoon, I wouldn't have singed myself off as Jukebox Jury would I? But your headmasterly way or ruling with an iron rod doesn't allow for error does it?
So I shall sing out of the account as you have pathetically and rudely demanded and I shall also sing myself out of bothering again to post on this site whilst a f***wit like you is still at the helm.
How many Mods are there? Yet it had to be you weighing in with the rudeness and threats - none of the other Mods or administrator felt it needed to make such rude comments but you just couldn't help yourself, could you?
You are a f***ing joke

this is The Best Post.

The current Shadow Health Minister says The Smiths haven't stood the test of time - and the Stone Roses have!
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/07/01/andy-burnham-on-the-smiths-that-betrayal-in-full/

Burnham is MP for Leigh (in the Borough of Wigan) in Greater Manchester.
I also take exception to The Smiths being tagged as a student band (maybe later but not at the time). He claims to have been at the Salford Uni gig (so was I) so he would know it was packed with Salford boys that night!

Maybe in his next interview Burnham could tell us all about the betrayal of his former political idol Phoney Blair.

He's so edgy and in touch with the kids. Talking about bands who, to all intents and purposes, stopped selling records in the 1980s.

Indicative of the adage out-of-touch politicians The Smiths songs have not dated. How in earth could they when they deal with universal themes backed up by a basic set-up of guitars, bass and drums.

Perhaps Shadow Cabinet members should spend their trying to come up with viable alternative policies which after 3 years in opposition they still haven't. Careerist politicians of the worst order. At least the Tory ones are quite open with their disdain for us plebs.

Re:

You are a f***ing joke

I've never hated anyone more in my life than Kewpie the Kunt

The current Shadow Health Minister says The Smiths haven't stood the test of time - and the Stone Roses have!
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/07/01/andy-burnham-on-the-smiths-that-betrayal-in-full/

Burnham is MP for Leigh (in the Borough of Wigan) in Greater Manchester.
I also take exception to The Smiths being tagged as a student band (maybe later but not at the time). He claims to have been at the Salford Uni gig (so was I) so he would know it was packed with Salford boys that night!

Maybe in his next interview Burnham could tell us all about the betrayal of his former political idol Phoney Blair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy Burnham. Looks like a puppet, behaves like a muppet. I saw him on the Beeb at the weekend frantically trying to cover his backside from when he was Health Secretary.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom