Andrew Watt launches new label Gold Tooth Records

drew

Interesting article today announcing that Andrew Watt (Bonfire of Teenagers Producer) has launched a new record label called Gold Tooth with Iggy Pop as the first signed artist..
Considering Morrissey's closeness to Watt, and the rumor that Iggy is featured on a Bonfire track... could news of Morrissey signing be imminent?
Esp. will all the talk of 'our LP will be dropping soon' at the recent shows - this feels very possible...

Interesting article today announcing that Andrew Watt (Bonfire of Teenagers Producer) has launched a new record label called Gold Tooth with Iggy Pop as the first signed artist..
Considering Morrissey's closeness to Watt, and the rumor that Iggy is featured on a Bonfire track... could news of Morrissey signing be imminent?
Esp. will all the talk of 'our LP will be dropping soon' at the recent shows - this feels very possible...
its certainly possible,the big labels wont touch him,at least it would give him the opportunity to get his music out there.

Fingers crossed
These quotes tho :lbf:

“I’m the guy with no shirt who rocks; Andrew and Gold Tooth get that, and we made a record together the old-fashioned way,” said Pop in a statement announcing the partnership. “The players are guys I’ve known since they were kids and the music will beat the shit out of you. Have a great day.”
(anyone see Ewan McGregor play Iggy Pop in Velvet Goldmine? :laughing:)

Said Watt: “Iggy Pop is a f***ing icon. A true original. The guy invented the stage dive..I still can’t believe he let me make a record with him. I am honored. It doesn’t get cooler. This album was created to be played as loud as your stereo will go…turn it up and hold on…"

Surely this is the mechanism by which Morrissey can get Bonfire out? Good on Watt for facilitating this new label - and with Iggy as well!

I would have thought that an announcement regarding Morrissey will have to wait so as not to crowd out Iggy’s. I’m still in awe that Morrissey made a record with Watt - that’s one way of proving the doubters wrong.

Bring on Bonfire!

This has been a really great year for Morrissey. I know he's been playing smaller places but that is a much nicer experience for the fans and he seems to love it too. Maybe his album release will be announced during his US tour, that would be an awesome way to close out the year.

If Atlantic says no, could Watt still release the album on his label?

Maybe Morrissey and Andrew Watt can just put it on everyone's phones, like U2 did with their album

If Morrissey can't get a record deal with the guy that produced his album then...

Back
Top Bottom