Morrissey Central "AND STILL THEY DON’T BELIEVE ME" (June 10, 2024)

I was listening to some Dana tracks recently, and it was very interesting to me how much Morrissey I could hear in them. He has obviously been quite inspired by her.

In this track, I hear the phrasing and intonation of Happy Lovers At Last United, and Please Help the Cause Against Loneliness.

Maybe he’ll throw this back into the setlist. Though he does post covers all the time, in 2022 he posted a bunch of covers of Frankly Mr Shankly and, Lo and behold, it was in the set throughout the UK/Irish tour

I can just imagine Morrissey convalescing in Switzerland ordering Damon to scrub Youtube for 10 year old covers of his songs while wrapped head to toe in a blanket in a wheelchair wearing shades and drinking a gin and tonic faster! faster! :whip:
Genuine question - do you enjoy logging onto a Morrissey fan site to slag off Morrissey every day, or is it some kind of Kantian duty for you?

Wow. At last a BRILLIANT cover version. What a voice. What a band. One of the very few artists to do a Smiths/Moz song justice. Top quality! But 10 years old!

Maybe it made someone's day? Such a little thing...
Better than watching the news any day. We don't know how lucky we are, after all this time.

Genuine question - do you enjoy logging onto a Morrissey fan site to slag off Morrissey every day, or is it some kind of Kantian duty for you?
I love it. Do you always wonder about the motives of other posters? Because I literally have no interest in why people post what they post, I was just having some fun with Morrissey's latest ridiculous self congratulatory post of a 10 year old cover of his song.

So beautiful.

As I don't understand Korean (?) I'm able to be transported to "some other mid-brain" by this evocative reimagining of a classic composition by the ancient radical art collective, collectively and correctly called 'The Smiths'.

Without the cerebral cortex being activated by processing the dubious English lyrics, I find myself seduced into an immersive sound bath as I sit in my car outside Morrissey's pleasantly low-bourgeoise former teenage abode on King's Road, Stretford.

It's giving liminal, this 'cover version', which is in fact, a dramatic upcycled reimagining of an epochal siren song from before...'The Fall' from Grace & subsequent disgrace of half of that 'band', namely Marr and Morrissey...

So, I was sitting in my Yoda Skoda outside Morrissey's old gaff in Stretford, reflecting on Meaning In Music, as you do on a Tuesday morning before driving to the Usher Hall to reconvene with The Goddess Beth Gibbons for the second night in a row.

This place has always struck me as a posher Sheldon, very Cranes Park Terminus vibes but much better shops, location, etc.

I had some fun doing some Crowley-esque 'demonic' psychogeographical remote viewing into the past - soundtracked by 'Watermelon Sugar' by Harry Styles, my kind of Manc area pop star tbh. And Richard Brautigan, of course...

In this astral projection-seance stalking scene I composed in the ethereal realms, Morrissey has just walked out of his house. He's 17. He sees me and shudders ...he thinks he's going mad again...well...he admits he summoned up demons on 'Ouija Board Ouija Board' so....we answered...Internet demons...darling...the very worst kind!

Madchester? Fcukin do one...Don't FcUK about with that Satanic shite, kids...Jesus saves...poppies enslave, etc...IYKYK

Believe in G*d, not the Music Of Mammon...

Kindness & compassion for all lives blunted & blighted by the zombie-trance of A List or C List 'fame".

Pray for Tay-Tay.
Pray for Steven.

...switch that fcukin radio off NOW, son and do your homework like yer sister..interpretive dance? remix?...my fcukin arse'n'all it is...wot a load of aul bollix...

Best
BB

Tebay
Borrowdale Valley
Westmoreland.
Engerland.

&

Abington
The Southern Uplands
Ecosse

1000003820.jpg

I was listening to some Dana tracks recently, and it was very interesting to me how much Morrissey I could hear in them. He has obviously been quite inspired by her.

In this track, I hear the phrasing and intonation of Happy Lovers At Last United, and Please Help the Cause Against Loneliness.

Deffo...totally!

I love it. Do you always wonder about the motives of other posters? Because I literally have no interest in why people post what they post, I was just having some fun with Morrissey's latest ridiculous self congratulatory post of a 10 year old cover of his song.
I don’t wonder why people come here to actually talk about Morrissey's work. I do wonder when every post is just there to mock him or other users. Like, I'm not telling you that I think you should leave, but wouldn't it just make your life easier?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom