and I wonder does anybody feel the way I do?

Your Arsenal

yes I am blind
So Morrissey, the past few nights has been amazing.
Beautiful set lists. Good performances.
But, I find myself being SUPER stressed out the whole time.
Being in line, waiting in line, and worrying about how close Im going to get to the stage. Also, finding a friggen front of the line ticket is a HUGE task LOL. and regular tickets just don't cut it for me.
Also, I find myself contimplating wether to cough up more money for more shows. When I've already been to 3, and I have tix for saturday LOL, and i still want to go to tuesday possibly friday's shows too.
Anyway, I guess I had to vent I'm sure many of you Hollywood/NYC fans are just as stressed out.

So Morrissey, the past few nights has been amazing.
Beautiful set lists. Good performances.
But, I find myself being SUPER stressed out the whole time.
Being in line, waiting in line, and worrying about how close Im going to get to the stage. Also, finding a friggen front of the line ticket is a HUGE task LOL. and regular tickets just don't cut it for me.
Also, I find myself contimplating wether to cough up more money for more shows. When I've already been to 3, and I have tix for saturday LOL, and i still want to go to tuesday possibly friday's shows too.
Anyway, I guess I had to vent I'm sure many of you Hollywood/NYC fans are just as stressed out.

I want you to go on Tuesday and Friday too cos I want you to get up on stage and give Leopard Lady a run for her money.
Seriously, who do you think Moz would prefer?

Exactly.

Go on, do it. :)

One show I went to this summer, I was shaking so hard I couldn't sit, waiting for the show to start. And it was a seated pit, so there was no need. I know the feeling.

I have two seated shows coming up, and I have pit or front row for both. I'm also going to four GA shows. One won't be as big a deal, but the weekend NY shows are going to be stressful. I've actually decided that I don't need to be front and center if it means I have to camp out. I told my friends who are camping that I will bring them hot tea, hot coffee, hot soup, hot water bottles- whatever they need. But I'm going to the art museum during the day. I think Morrissey would approve.

It would be really nice if the early entry ticket holders could come to some kind of agreement and draw straws for places in line or something, so we could go enjoy the city and show up at 5:30 or 6, but for a lot of people, the line is an important part of the experience. So I'm going to not stress over it. I'll enjoy the shows, especially since I know I'll be getting the front-row experience at other shows.

I feel your pain.

No one stresses me out like Morrissey, but then again no one thrills me like he does, either. As for this whole NYC pass situation, I was originally like "5-day or bust." Then something terrible happened, and it looked like I would miss every single show. As it turns out, I will be able to go after all, so I got regular tickets, and I've decided that I'm lucky just to be there, so why ruin the experience with stress?

Every other show I see is easy compared to Morrissey. I just get tickets and go. If I do wait on line, it's not for very long, and I don't really care where I end up in the crowd. But with Moz it's love, and love makes fools of us all. The Man has such a gift for intimacy. It's not just a show, it's more like an encounter with a friend - a very old, dear friend who I've had a crush on for years, and who I miss when he's not around.

He's been wreaking havok with people's lives for so long - it must be very rewarding. ;)

I feel your pain.

No one stresses me out like Morrissey, but then again no one thrills me like he does, either. As for this whole NYC pass situation, I was originally like "5-day or bust." Then something terrible happened, and it looked like I would miss every single show. As it turns out, I will be able to go after all, so I got regular tickets, and I've decided that I'm lucky just to be there, so why ruin the experience with stress?

Every other show I see is easy compared to Morrissey. I just get tickets and go. If I do wait on line, it's not for very long, and I don't really care where I end up in the crowd. But with Moz it's love, and love makes fools of us all. The Man has such a gift for intimacy. It's not just a show, it's more like an encounter with a friend - a very old, dear friend who I've had a crush on for years, and who I miss when he's not around.

He's been wreaking havok with people's lives for so long - it must be very rewarding. ;)

That was beautiful.

It is true, we go through a lot to see Morrissey, for Morrissey. Between being extremely nervous, and so excited that you feel like your coming outta yur skin, to being soo stressed out about multiple things, sych as getting the day off, or just off of work in time, being ready with enough time to get there, and then standing there and hardly being able to be still as you wait for him to come out! All of these wierd emotions hit me at the oment in the night....in the end it all seemes worth it, and well it really really is.

I don't go through as much trouble when seeing anyone else, and I know I wouldn't care to either. Nobody else means what he does to me....simply put.

But with Moz it's love, and love makes fools of us all. The Man has such a gift for intimacy. It's not just a show, it's more like an encounter with a friend - a very old, dear friend who I've had a crush on for years, and who I miss when he's not around.

This is true, and almost made me cry...:( :o *big long sigh*

Last edited:
i get super stressed seeing morrissey. right when i walk into the building it's like a wave of anexiety. and stading there especially durring KY (bleh). my palms get sweaty and my chest gets all tight when the videos on the backdrop starts. and then when it drops its like SUPER bad! but when he starts the first song. it's allll better and makes it entirely worth it.

Boy, sounds like fun. I can see why you all enjoy Morrissey shows so much.

I'm wondering if we've forgotten that there is a difference between "excitement" and "distress"? Because anything that caused me as much di/stress as you all are describing, is not something I would do. . .

I mean, after being a fan for 20 years, and getting my very first front-row ticket this past summer, I was EXCITED. Like, beside myself. I lost 8 lbs in 6 days. From EXCITEMENT. But if I felt like any of the arrangements I need to make, for instance, to travel to NYC--find a place to stay for 5 nights, arrange care for my kids in my absence, etc--was truly stressing me out, I don't think I would do it.

It's supposed to be FUN, y'all. . . I won't say "don't stress," because I hate when people say it to me, but I think you can pick up what I've put down. . .

--jeniphir

whoa whoa..i havent even been to a morrissey show you guys are lucky:(
so be happy you have the chance to even see him

sigh
I think I might just not go to tomorrow's show, i dont even have a ticket for it. and I dont wanna stress out. i get sick when I stress out.
unless someone here wants to sell me their ticket :p LOL

sigh
I think I might just not go to tomorrow's show, i dont even have a ticket for it. and I dont wanna stress out. i get sick when I stress out.
unless someone here wants to sell me their ticket :p LOL

Your Arsenal,
I am encouraging you to go, get a ticket, don't worry about being up close for this show. Get a drink, be leisurely, don't get into the pushing match, perhaps go upstairs and enjoy the view from the balcony. I don't think you will regret a minute of the experience. I went to the 4 shows in SF, and every moment was a pleasure. One of the shows I did just what I described. I viewed from the balcony (took some video) had a drink and just took it all in without the mess downstairs (that was the other 3 nights). You never know, he might play a song he will only play once in LA, someone might steal another kiss, who knows?!
Hope you can find a cheap ticket and just enjoy yourself!

I have felt the way you have at a lot of concerts. I remember being the first in line to see Blur (3rd favourite band, woohoo!) in Portland years ago and the stress of finding the place, waiting in line for hours and securing my place up front was awful. It was the same when I saw Jason Mraz, totally stressful! Both were amazing concerts and I would do it again because it's all worth it once the music starts. I've been to several movie premeires in London as well and have waited for hours just to meet famous people. That is something I wouldn't do again because honestly, it's not as thrilling as it sounds. But I totally get what you are saying about the concerts. I agree with Raquel, you should go tommorrow and have a good time without needing to be up front. Just think how lucky you are, some people don't get to see Moz at all and some people like me can only go to one concert. Enjoy but don't stress!

lol, well i think I found a ticket. and its one of thos front of the line ones. so i wont be too far.
now i have to worry about wether i wanna be there at 4pm, and wait alone so im front row, or get there at 630, when they start letting us in LOL.
err, whatever, ill figure it out.

Does anyone know how to get a camera in? I never get it, people almost pull cameras out of their ass, how come they aren't taken away at the security entrance? Anyone have a clue?

But with Moz it's love, and love makes fools of us all. The Man has such a gift for intimacy. It's not just a show, it's more like an encounter with a friend - a very old, dear friend who I've had a crush on for years, and who I miss when he's not around.

aww bless, couldn't have put it better myself.
*sniffs*

I guess in a weird sort of way its nice to know that there are others out there who have these reactions etc. I thought I was some sort of self absorbed freak for getting so stressed about everything being perfect in preparation for, and experience of shows; namely Moz. So yes I know exactly how it feels and the anxiety can be so terrible.
When the tickets were going on sale for the NYC 5 day package I was an emotionless train wreck for a week. I set myself up for failing to get the tickets in which case it would have been the biggest disappointment in ages. But then I got the tickets. And now comes the planning etc for the shows. I do have a bit of a plan for at least one of the shows but the rest I could only get half days off of work so it will have to do.

Plus traveling to and from Philly for these shows is pretty extreme too. Everyone I know thinks I am whacked out of my skull for this, but none of them are Moz fans. If they had the opportunity to potentially touch or own a worn piece of clothing from the one person who they idolize more than anyone, perhaps they would understand. But probably not.

Last edited:
But we don't care what they think Skinner, they are in the 'don't get it club'.
:);)

But we don't care what they think Skinner, they are in the 'don't get it club'.
:);)

Fair enough. You are exactly right. Besides, if everyone understood, wghat would be the point? Everyone would be a fan and that would totally suck! So this way it is better. Thanks for letting me see the light. :cool:

Oh gosh, now i've made you feel all smug havent I?
:rolleyes::cool:

Back
Top Bottom