Morrissey Central "And Another." (November 25, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
David Johansen was/is on M's backdrop for Rebels Without Applause at all the shows... So its fair to conclude that the song is also about him!
Exactly and the song is clearly about the world moving on and leaving these special souls behind. I don’t see it as being exclusively about dead stars but more the way the world treats ‘rebels’ as they age. Morrissey could easily be included in this list and I’m sure he relates personally to the lyrics. The fact that Morrissey Central has posted the video confirms the seal of approval.

It's a pleasurable song, but in some of the auto-tuned parts he sounds like Kermit the frog. Production messed up transitions at 1:36 and 2:45.
Either Kermit the Frog or a member of the Lollipop Guild. Morrissey munchkin. Is this perhaps a new 'children friendly' phase of Morrissey's career? It's certainly one way of moving away from the negative press that has dogged him over the past few years. First, children in the promo video for Veronica. And now a mix of Rebels that wouldn't sound out of place on Nickelodeon. What next I wonder? Morrissey to do the soundtrack for Trolls 3? If the mix of Rebels were any more bubbly and bright he could give Justine Timberlake a run for his money.
For all my gentle ribbing and taking the piss - I don't dislike it. It's catchy as hell. And 'bawdy boys of song and girls all gone wrong' is a great line. The production is certainly different!

Last edited:
Either Kermit the Frog or a member of the Lollipop Guild. Morrissey munchkin. Is this perhaps a new 'children friendly' phase of Morrissey's career? It's certainly one way of moving away from the negative press that has dogged him over the past few years. First, children in the promo video for Veronica. And now a mix of Rebels that wouldn't sound out of place on Nickelodeon. What next I wonder? Morrissey to do the soundtrack for Trolls 3? If the mix of Rebels were any more bubbly and bright he could give Justine Timberlake a run for his money.
For all my gentle ribbing and taking the piss - I don't dislike it. It's catchy as hell. And 'bawdy boys of song and girls gone wrong' is a great line. The production is certainly different!

Well, below is one of M’s favorites. So I don’t think M’s against novelty to catch the listeners ear. Though comparisons of chipmunks and munchkins to RWA are not really fair.

Still love this song. Wish it was on the original Kill Uncle instead of Found, Found, Found....

noooooo! I luv FFF. Though TtP sounds great after There is a Place, as it does on the American cd version.

Well, below is one of M’s favorites. So I don’t think M’s against novelty to catch the listeners ear. Though comparisons of chipmunks and munchkins to RWA are not really fair.

Oh, I'm only having a laugh. The production is definitely a little 'off' and clearly not to everyone's taste - but the strength of the track speaks for itself, even if it is in a distorted voice.

David Johansen was/is on M's backdrop for Rebels Without Applause at all the shows... So its fair to conclude that the song is also about him!
Yes, Bowie and David together as a matter of fact. I would hate to jink David since his new documentary is being filmed and a lot of love for the Dolls is coming soon. The new doc is being directed by none other than Martin Scorsese! Did anyone catch Nick Rhodes at the Rock N Roll Hall of fame induction speech give a shout out to the Dolls? It was very cool. I think they will eventually go in under early influencers. Maybe Moz will do the induction speech? Nah...some knob head celebrity will do the speech!

And another….painful reminder.
Yes. I get it.
I Got it.
And still….Not good.

R.W.A. sounds like a highly pixilated low-res pic that was given to Glamour Shots to be further molested.

- Still ill

For all my gentle ribbing and taking the piss - I don't dislike it. It's catchy as hell. And 'bawdy boys of song and girls all gone wrong' is a great line. The production is certainly different!

Yes, the production is not where it should be for sure. It sounds like it's a self produced album done on a budget. Still love it.

Should have just sung it over the top of cemetery gates - save some cash

The first one . . . what on earth?

After a few listens of the high-res version (for which I've paid, like an adult), i came to the conclusion that the song is either one last farewell-song for his childhood- and teenage heroes. He wants to close this chapter, and, hopefully, move on. Or, second idea, it is about a certain section of his fans, who, but that's only my opinion, often behave like minors who refuse to grow up mostly with regard to their Smiths-fixation. He invites them to close this chapter as well, leddem go, and to grow up, please.
And now kill me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom