An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Top man. Shall make it a playlist and queue it after the revisit of "Years of refusal". Much stronger than i remembered
Do you use Spotify, or Youtube Music? I have playlists on both. DM if you want a link.

This is a zipfile with the following folders, all of which are compilations I made:

Stumbles (early unreleased songs in various stages of completion; circa 1980)
Trolling For Olives (Chronic Town - Murmur eras, inc. a folder devoted to early studio demos)
Stocking Stuffers (fan club singles and b-sides)
Alphabet Soup (huge hodgepodge of totally random stray rarities, mostly or all live in concert, not included in the Trolling sets)

This is a 1.15 gig folder, still uploading as of 12:30 Central Time.

Apologies for not posting tracklists; maybe I'll get around to it at some point if I can.

More re-ups coming soon.
would it be possible to get a reupload of these? thank you !

would it be possible to get a reupload of these? thank you !
Here, hear! Please repost. I am trying to assemble a collection of studio tracks from 1981-1984, by following the R.E.M. Timeline site, and sorting out the many and varied sources, some of which have incorrect attributions. I'm almost there. However, a couple of songs from the 10/3/81 Drive-In session seem particularly hard to find (Carnival, White Tornado), and what I do find seems identical to other dates. These two songs are said to appear on the bootlegs 'Chronic Murmurings' and 'Really Exciting Music'.

Here, hear! Please repost. I am trying to assemble a collection of studio tracks from 1981-1984, by following the R.E.M. Timeline site, and sorting out the many and varied sources, some of which have incorrect attributions. I'm almost there. However, a couple of songs from the 10/3/81 Drive-In session seem particularly hard to find (Carnival, White Tornado), and what I do find seems identical to other dates. These two songs are said to appear on the bootlegs 'Chronic Murmurings' and 'Really Exciting Music'.
To clarify, I'm interested in the Trolling for Olives compilation but don't really need all of that. I was able to grab some of the Trolling for Olives (Reckoning-Lifes) on a link posted a while ago, but there are no existing links for the Chronic/Murmurs period. Would you please post a portion that includes the 1981-1982 studio tracks in FLAC format? I really appreciate your help.Thanks!

Last edited:
I read on the wiki that there were two tracks on an unofficial, never-commercially-released version of Reveal. Fascinating (which is on YouTube) and a tune called “Free Form Jazz Jam.” Anyone here have that song downloaded somewhere? I think it was available for download on their website at one point, but I could be wrong

I can post/ email the Country Feedback for INTIME disc 2, if wanted?

Can someone post the following:

1) the latest track from the Starbuck disc, KCRW mix, I think it's a Glen Cambell cover?
2) a good version of I'm Gonna DJ?
3) Yellow River (the whole single, I think it's on the Reno single)
Doesn't exist

Trolling For Olives (Chronic Town - Murmur eras, inc. a folder devoted to early studio demos)

Any chance for a re-up??? HDD crashed so I'm trying to rebuild my music collection...

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom