An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Thanks Skylarker!! Sorry to ask, is the Monster part missing in your uploads?
Hm. Good question. Let me look into that. Probably just accidentally skipped that one.

This is a zipfile with the following folders, all of which are compilations I made:

Stumbles (early unreleased songs in various stages of completion; circa 1980)
Trolling For Olives (Chronic Town - Murmur eras, inc. a folder devoted to early studio demos)
Stocking Stuffers (fan club singles and b-sides)
Alphabet Soup (huge hodgepodge of totally random stray rarities, mostly or all live in concert, not included in the Trolling sets)

This is a 1.15 gig folder, still uploading as of 12:30 Central Time.

Apologies for not posting tracklists; maybe I'll get around to it at some point if I can.

More re-ups coming soon.
Seems it's now down, hope I catch it next time, especially Alphabet Soup.

In any case, I wanted to thank you for the recent re-ups, as well as compiling the Trolling for Olives compilations in the first place - lots of great stuff there I might have otherwise missed out on, so thank you for it all !

I am hoping someone can help I remember seeing a show on youtube a few years back and during the show a fan takes the lyrics before the song had been sung and stipe is trying to get the lyrics back from the fan I have now forgotten the name of that show (I am pretty sure it starts with G but not Germany how ever it could have been a show somewhere in Germany) can someone help with info on the show thanks

I am hoping someone can help I remember seeing a show on youtube a few years back and during the show a fan takes the lyrics before the song had been sung and stipe is trying to get the lyrics back from the fan I have now forgotten the name of that show (I am pretty sure it starts with G but not Germany how ever it could have been a show somewhere in Germany) can someone help with info on the show thanks
This was at the venue Grünspan in Hamburg in 1998. The cover song is "Spooky"

Thanks for that I have been trying to find this moment for ages (I had seen it some years ago and I only remembered it now but could not recall the show)

This is a zipfile with the following folders, all of which are compilations I made:

Stumbles (early unreleased songs in various stages of completion; circa 1980)
Trolling For Olives (Chronic Town - Murmur eras, inc. a folder devoted to early studio demos)
Stocking Stuffers (fan club singles and b-sides)
Alphabet Soup (huge hodgepodge of totally random stray rarities, mostly or all live in concert, not included in the Trolling sets)

This is a 1.15 gig folder, still uploading as of 12:30 Central Time.

Apologies for not posting tracklists; maybe I'll get around to it at some point if I can.

More re-ups coming soon.
Any chance of re-upping this one??? Thanks in advance!

Apologies if some or all of these questions have already been answered, but here's my list...
1. Do we know if the reissues will go all the way to "Collapse into now"?
2. Are there any rumors about other non-LP-reissue releases? (Xmas singles, etc)?
3. Which of the reissues (so far) is your favorite? (I've gotten a couple of them early. but I find I never listen to them at all. I just keep going back to the original albums. So I am hesitant to buy anymore.)
1- The contract with Craft is all the way until Up I believe.
2- No plans that I know of, in fact- I believe the band are getting ready to pull the plug on releasing new unreleased material all together.
3- My favorite was Life's Rich Pageant. Complied an E.P. called "Succumbs" out of Bad Day, Mystery to me, Two Steps Onward, All the Right Friends, and Wait demos. I love getting complete unreleased songs even if demos. I also was at the R.E.M. 1995 Chicago show from the Monster deluxe edition. That was a great show, bummed they edited out Michael calling his parents for their anniversary during the encore.

1- The contract with Craft is all the way until Up I believe.
2- No plans that I know of, in fact- I believe the band are getting ready to pull the plug on releasing new unreleased material all together.
3- My favorite was Life's Rich Pageant. Complied an E.P. called "Succumbs" out of Bad Day, Mystery to me, Two Steps Onward, All the Right Friends, and Wait demos. I love getting complete unreleased songs even if demos. I also was at the R.E.M. 1995 Chicago show from the Monster deluxe edition. That was a great show, bummed they edited out Michael calling his parents for their anniversary during the encore.

I would assume that the reissue campaign will cover the entire discography through Collapse Into Now. While I don't know the details of the band's arrangement with Craft, it would make sense that the 25th anniversary schedule would accommodate the reversion of the band's album masters to the band and permit them to be released through Craft. Of course, the contract with Craft might be shorter-term to allow the band to evaluate the success of the campaign to date and make different arrangements for the remaining albums.

It is disappointing that apparently one of the band members (presumably J.M. Stipe) has decided to veto the release of any additional unreleased material as part of the campaign. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Lifes Rich Pageant was a great anniversary release. My favorite is probably Fables of the Reconstruction - a full album's worth of excellent demos that had never circulated before, including a Fables-era "Hyena" and the rare "When I Was Young" (titled "Throw Those Trolls Away" on the reissue), which was cut from the album at the last minute (but was listed on the interior LP sleeve) and only performed a hand-full of times of the Preconstruction college tour prior to the album's release.

Here is all songs played in the 2008 tour. Only missing Gardening at Night from Canada and Airliner from Berlin. Also including some songs from soundchecks. Tracklist and artwork is in the photos. More tour compilations will come.
R.E.M. Tour 08
https://mega.nz/#!zIBwEQIZ!GFzR2SSA1qxdyEmvcV_TM4ZU9X8SizLUAlUEWdxLasE
View attachment 41369 View attachment 41370
Any way to re-up this and the 2003 collection? My pc with them crashed and they’re lost. Thanks very much!

Would glady take a recommendation for ten songs to get into R.E.M. For some reason i don't think i've heard more than 3-4, managed to unconciously avoid them all me life.
Sitting Still
Wolves, Lower
Kohoutek
Fall On Me
Cuyahoga
These Days
Exhuming Mcarthy
Harborcoat
Second Guessing
Gardening At Night

Tags
r.e.m. rem