An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Hello, I've been attempting to find the sources (venue and date) for the tracks on the bootleg Covering 'Em.

I've been able to find info on a few tracks but for the most part, it's been hard to find. The REM Timeline has helped narrow a few others down, but I haven't really found anything specific. I thought perhaps people here may be knowledgable enough to know. The songs I've still looking for info on are:

California Dreamin'
Eight Miles High
Road Runner
So You Want To Be A Rock'n' Roll Star
Paint It Black
Pills
Have You Ever Seen The Rain
In the Year 2525
Smoking In The Boys Room
You Ain't Goin' Nowhere
Mrs. Robinson (They mention being at the Starlight Ballroom)
Sweet Jane

It might be impossible to source them all, but thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help

Hello, I've been attempting to find the sources (venue and date) for the tracks on the bootleg Covering 'Em.

To give you an honest answer, I don't think most of us, if any, could help in that. It's more a matter of downloading many shows from one same year or around that era and identifying the tracks you want, I think. That way, you'll have all elements for correctly IDing each track.

I could suggest going to Dime and downloading those specific tracks from shows, so you won't hurt your ratio that much and will hopefully mark a few hits.

Just by chance, maybe the "Paint It Black" you're looking for comes from the very famous, widely bootlegged (and even present in great video) show from Bochum, Germany, Oct 2nd 1985.

wow.PNG

is anyone able to re-up these dead links?

I'm looking for a recording of REM's first appearance at Maxwell's in Hoboken, NJ on January 30, 1982. If anyone can help me out, I would be very grateful. Thank you very much.

Wow, there's a lot of amazing stuff in this thread since the last time I peeked in. Thanks, everyone! I have been trying to track down a lossless recording of 8/29/99 in Atlanta. Used to have an mp3 version, but lost it somewhere along the way. Figure the lossless version is still out there somewhere. If anyone has it, I would be very grateful.

Hey o guys, I have been uploading several interesting REM shows on archive.org that are not available on the huge mega.nz collection:
If you guys have any rare shows or any upgrades of shows that exist, I will be more than happy for them to upload on archive to share with everyone, Thanks!

Good to see you back again mate. The answer is the same as it was in November: yes Amazon do. Maybe do some uploading before you request stuff eh? Oh forgot you freeloaders don't like contributing do you?

Is there a point to being mean to other people, just trying to collect. You sir are a jerk. Maybe just F Off.

He's right though, the purpose of this thread is for sharing unofficial items, or things no longer available for purchase. Feels a bit wrong requesting something for free that you can purchase for so little.

Yes i'm a jerk who actually bothers to upload stuff for people in the past if you divert your attention away from your freeloading for long enough to check my posts. Do I care what you think of me? Give it your best guess.

Hi everyone,
I've been trying to track down a couple of Monster Tour shows that I know exist somewhere in the ether but i've been unable to get my hands on them. I'm just wondering if anyone on here might have either of these shows in their collection that they'd be happy to share?

1995 - 05 - 20 - Vancouver, British Columbia
1995 - 08 - 03 - Oslo Spektrum, Norway.

Many thanks,
Mark.

You can find both as recent uploads and easy downloads at Dime.

Thanks so much for the info on this. I went to Dime but my share ratio appears to be too low to download these. Foolishly I previously downloaded a load of shows that had hardly any seeders so now my ratio has gone to pieces.
Is there any way you, or anyone else, could upload these two shows? I'm very happy to reimburse anyone for their time.

Cheers,
Mark.

driver8 and DrummerMark

Because of the coronavirus crisis, Dime is going through a freeleech until March 31st. That means you can download stuff without sending back in compensation. You can also recover your ratio's losses with that. Enjoy it while you can!

You can find both as recent uploads and easy downloads at Dime.
driver8 and DrummerMark

Because of the coronavirus crisis, Dime is going through a freeleech until March 31st. That means you can download stuff without sending back in compensation. You can also recover your ratio's losses with that. Enjoy it while you can!

Ah amazing news, thank you so much for letting us know :)

Cheers,
Mark.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom