An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

I googled for a torrent of Bingo Hand Job -- not that it would be available that quick and from vinyl, but anyway, just to see -- and the first hit I got was not to audio, but to a DVD of the first night. I never knew that existed! Does anyone have that?

Also, I heard rumours about "some Michael Stipe videos from last weekend and new songs." No idea about that either. Anyone?

I googled for a torrent of Bingo Hand Job -- not that it would be available that quick and from vinyl, but anyway, just to see -- and the first hit I got was not to audio, but to a DVD of the first night. I never knew that existed! Does anyone have that?

Also, I heard rumours about "some Michael Stipe videos from last weekend and new songs." No idea about that either. Anyone?

What! and What! These are definitely needed gargumma :)

What!? and What!? These are definitely needed gargumma :)

You're welcome! It was last Saturday night at Earthfest, in NY. he also did a reading of Jonas Mekas but I could'nt find it anywhere...
you can find some vids on various rem fan pages on FB, unfortunately only one song is complete. since yesterday I got a hold of a minute longer version of one of them...
It was sad to read this Ethan Kaplan quote - "Three new songs. One is "Drive to the Ocean". He told me one other name but it was long and I forgot it. He's working on stuff with Andy LeMaster. No idea when and if (!! :( ) they will come out."
I think they are all quite beautiful, a combination between REM and Fischerspooner...

After listening to them repeatedly searching for temporary names, I can say I like all three and agree they're beautiful. It's somewhat like R.E.M. circa Reveal.

And then, for my own convenience only, I renamed the three files you sent as:
- New Song 1 (aka You Can Believe, live 13 Apr 2019, Earthfest, NY)
- New Song 2 (aka Radio, live 13 Apr 2019, Earthfest, NY)
- New Song 3 (aka You Are Leaving Nothing Out, live 13 Apr 2019, Earthfest, NY)

Any ideas as to which one would be "Drive to the ocean"?

After listening to them repeatedly searching for temporary names, I can say I like all three and agree they're beautiful. It's somewhat like R.E.M. circa Reveal.

Any ideas as to which one would be "Drive to the ocean"?
I believe that "Drive to the ocean" is Radio

Hey everyone. My wife is finally getting into R.E.M.! I was looking into making her a mix with some of my personal favorites from the band. I'm missing the Let Me In - Live From Wuxtry , can anyone help me out?

I believe that "Drive to the ocean" is Radio

I've just isolated the audio from that video and listened to it carefully. I think you're right: those are two fragments of one same song, "Drive to the ocean". For some reason, he repeats "radio this, radio that" at some point, but it all seems to be the same song.

Currently renamed as:

- Drive to the Ocean (live 13 Apr 2019, Earthfest, NY)
- Your Capricious Soul (live 13 Apr 2019, Earthfest, NY)

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom