An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

New material from Mr. Stipe!
Bono, Pharrell, Michael Stipe and Laurie Anderson are among a host of musicians who have contributed to a new album from French artist Sophie Calle about her dead cat. The 37-track project is named for the late feline, Souris, which translates to “mouse” in English. Souris Calle is available now!

anyone has heard if Michel sings there?

- 1987-05-24 McCabe's Guitar Shop, Santa Monica. There's an mp3 version at archive.org, but FLAC would be nice.

MustacheMystery

Any luck finding this? I would settle for any quality, but the archive.org version is 15-30 second samples only.

Hello,
This thread is amazing. Been collecting R.E.M. CD singles for ages and I discovered how many holes there is in my collection.
Anyway, can I ask somebody to upload these rare radio edits, live tracks and mixes that I'm missing in 320k mp3:

Radio Song (Tower Of Luv Bug Mix)
Suspicion (Radio Edit)
All The Way To Reno (You're Gonna Be A Star) (Radio Edit)
Bad Day (Radio Edit)
So. Central Rain (Live) from Animal CD1
High Speed Train (Live) from Aftermath CD1
What's The Frequency, Kenneth? (Live) from Electron Blue CD1
Low (Alternate Version)
The Outsiders (Alternate Version)
Bad Day (Live) Video rip to mp3 320?
Everyday Is Yours To Win (Live In Studio)
Alligator_Aviator_Autopilot_Antimatter (Dickey Doo Larry Tee A3 Remix)
Blue (Casey Spooner + Avan Lava Remix)

Huge thanks for your help

Anyone?

Does anyone have the Green advance cassette with the alternate mixes?

Never heard of that. I'd love to hear that too.

In other news, I *think* -- not really sure -- that two or three new untitled instrumentals were revealed last week. I downloaded a soundcheck from 2008 at Lyon and I can't recognize two songs, even though I think a third one was in circulation before. Any guesses?

From remtimeline.com:

"An alternate mix of 'World Leader Pretend' (with different intro), 'Turn You Inside-Out' (different ending) & '[The Eleventh Untitled Song]' (different drum mix at beginning - different to the released B-side alternate mix) were considered for final release and were included on advance cassettes as late as 16 September 1988 before these mixes were replaced with the final released mixes."

From remtimeline.com:

"An alternate mix of 'World Leader Pretend' (with different intro), 'Turn You Inside-Out' (different ending) & '[The Eleventh Untitled Song]' (different drum mix at beginning - different to the released B-side alternate mix) were considered for final release and were included on advance cassettes as late as 16 September 1988 before these mixes were replaced with the final released mixes."
nice nice. I hope these make it out into the community one day

In other news, I *think* -- not really sure -- that two or three new untitled instrumentals were revealed last week. I downloaded a soundcheck from 2008 at Lyon and I can't recognize two songs, even though I think a third one was in circulation before. Any guesses?
Please, share away

I seem to remember hearing an early instrumental version of what became "Mine Smell Like Honey" floating around from a soundcheck at one point... Not sure about any others!

The instrumental songs from Lyon 2008 soundcheck in the order of tracklist
Airliner
Mine Smell Like Honey
Daysleeper
Unknown

The instrumental songs from Lyon 2008 soundcheck in the order of tracklist
Airliner
Mine Smell Like Honey
Daysleeper
Unknown

That is correct, sir, you get the chocolate pudding.

Just checked about "Airliner" (I'd never remember that one), "Mine Smell" (sounded familiar, but I was in a rush) and the unknown song. I had one "unknown instrumental from 2008 soundcheck," but this is yet another "unknown instrumental from 2008 soundcheck" and I can't tell if it was circulated before. Doesn't sound very interesting tho. I'll make them all available soon.

New material from Mr. Stipe!
Bono, Pharrell, Michael Stipe and Laurie Anderson are among a host of musicians who have contributed to a new album from French artist Sophie Calle about her dead cat. The 37-track project is named for the late feline, Souris, which translates to “mouse” in English. Souris Calle is available now!

anyone has heard if Michel sings there?
What else would he be doing?
There are some Stipe-solo-songs available already btw.
Not too impressed but would like him to release some new music.

Ok, that soundcheck song appears to be a full version of what was only a 0:22 clip of an unknown Collapse Into Now demo from 2010. Good find.

Last edited:
Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom