An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Weird... I didn't realize they did two versions of "Drive" at that show. Did they mess up one of the takes or something?

They did a second pass at Drive just to ensure that they had a good version for the Alternative NRG album, but both takes are perfectly fine.

Hello,
This thread is amazing. Been collecting R.E.M. CD singles for ages and I discovered how many holes there is in my collection.
Anyway, can I ask somebody to upload these rare radio edits, live tracks and mixes that I'm missing in 320k mp3:

Radio Song (Tower Of Luv Bug Mix)
Suspicion (Radio Edit)
All The Way To Reno (You're Gonna Be A Star) (Radio Edit)
Bad Day (Radio Edit)
So. Central Rain (Live) from Animal CD1
High Speed Train (Live) from Aftermath CD1
What's The Frequency, Kenneth? (Live) from Electron Blue CD1
Low (Alternate Version)
The Outsiders (Alternate Version)
Bad Day (Live) Video rip to mp3 320?
Everyday Is Yours To Win (Live In Studio)
Alligator_Aviator_Autopilot_Antimatter (Dickey Doo Larry Tee A3 Remix)
Blue (Casey Spooner + Avan Lava Remix)

Huge thanks for your help

Can anyone tell me why R.E.M. did not include the nightswimming demo on the 25th anniversary edition, it seems like an insult to the fans

Can anyone tell me why R.E.M. did not include the nightswimming demo on the 25th anniversary edition, it seems like an insult to the fans

I don't have enough inside info to be sure about anything in that area, but I suspect that, since "Nightswimming" was probably the first almost-completed song for AFTP and dates back to the OOT-demos era (and figures as "Night Swim" on many bootlegs), they didn't want to associate that demo with the OOT era (so they didn't include it on the bonus disc) and felt they shouldn't include it on the AFTP bonus disc at the same time. That would be ridiculous, I agree (also agree they should have included it in whatever stage they had it when recording AFTP), but if anyone has a better explanation, I'd be happy to know more about it.

Night Swim and Nightswimming are too completely different songs that just happen to share a similar name.

That's true. Been a while since I last listened to those demos and I forgot about that. The rest of what I said there is true, tho: "Nightswimming" was well-developed during the OOT era.

I reckon this goes back to when all the wacko delusional foreigners here had that delusional fantasy that Uncle Steve, Michael Stipe, and Jake were living in a condo in Tuscany together and having wild gay sex, which could be further from the truth. Reckon I am going to start a Neds Atomic Dustbin thread. I am going to see them on a double bill with Big Country in Essexshire City United this weekend. Reckon it's going to be TOP ACE m8! The black scuba diver dude by the cliffs in the Big Country video on MTV UK is so top mental!

Although this has probably been posted before I'll post it again as only came across it the other day (oo-er)

I reckon this goes back to when all the wacko delusional foreigners here had that delusional fantasy that Uncle Steve, Michael Stipe, and Jake were living in a condo in Tuscany together and having wild gay sex, which could be further from the truth. Reckon I am going to start a Neds Atomic Dustbin thread. I am going to see them on a double bill with Big Country in Essexshire City United this weekend. Reckon it's going to be TOP ACE m8! The black scuba diver dude by the cliffs in the Big Country video on MTV UK is so top mental!

You will be stood on your own then (your probably used to that) as Big Country don't start their tour until the 11th October and Neds Atomic Dustbin's tour is in April 2019.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom