An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

REMFAN, thanks a lot for making it available!

Unfortunately, the file was ripped in terrible quality and then converted to FLAC. It's mono (not stereo), 8Hz (not 44.1Hz) and other problems. It's not CD-standards, sorry. Do you still have it and can make a better quality rip, please?

Thank you so much, and also Blister, for the rare instrumentals!

BTW, whoever has any previous versions of the instrumentals available, including REMnants, should download these quick! All others are lossy, even if presented in FLAC.

BTW, whoever has any previous versions of the instrumentals available, including REMnants, should download these quick! All others are lossy, even if presented in FLAC.

It is because of the notoriously crappy versions from REMnants that I am on the hunt for these singles. I will find them or buy them and rip them. I may have a lead on Crush and Tongue. You will all know as soon as I do.

Blister

REMFAN, thanks a lot for making it available!

Unfortunately, the file was ripped in terrible quality and then converted to FLAC. It's mono (not stereo), 8Hz (not 44.1Hz) and other problems. It's not CD-standards, sorry. Do you still have it and can make a better quality rip, please?

Sorry about that! I ripped it with iTunes. Could that be the problem? I can try again, with a higher bitrate, would that work? It was my first time converting to FLAC.

Does anyone have the 4:46 edit of Everybody Hurts from the 7" single?

it's on the cd single (collectors edition and i think the french card sleeve has it too)

just bought the perfect circle bootleg cheap off that guy from ebay. he also sent me a bonus disc of live stuff too. thinking of buying more from his silver boot lot to add to my collection (sent from UK to USA). his email is [email protected]

just to let UK fans know about the unplugged record store day exclusive, you better break your piggy banks open!

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/82120
poor sleeve art and whopping

Catalogue No: 8122796055

Availability: In-store on Record Store Day

Price:£54.99

REM
Unplugged
Record Store Day 2014 Release. Limited to 500 copies. First time release of the entire MTV 'Unplugged' sessions including material that did not originally air on the program.

& bonus r.e.m. downloads flac and mp3
http://www.ousterhout.net/lossless/rem.html

Sorry about that! I ripped it with iTunes. Could that be the problem? I can try again, with a higher bitrate, would that work? It was my first time converting to FLAC.

If you are doing it in iTunes, it needs to be Apple Lossless. If you wanna make a true FLAC, you can use EAC for PC or XLD for MAC. I am sure if you need help with the settings, we can help out.

Here is What's the Frequency Kenneth? (Instrumental) in FLAC: http://www.sendspace.com/file/11x56t

I am still looking for rips of Crush With Eyeliner (Instrumental) and Tongue (Instrumental) from the vinyl singles.

Those are brilliant Blistersoul, thanking you muchly. :thumb: I didn’t even realise that some of the instrumental versions of the Monster singles were released on U.S. CD singles, I always thought they were only a cassette single issue.

Also could I possibly ask a favour of you? Do you still happen to have the following songs? You graciously uploaded them for me, back on page 135, and that I downloaded at the time, but for reasons that escape me, I no longer have those two tracks, if you do still have them, could you possibly re-upload them for me?

From 'Oh My Heart' - iTunes Germany
"That Someone Is You" (Live in Studio) in m4a

From 'Uberlin' - iTunes Germany
"Everyday Is Yours To Win" (Live In The Studio) in m4a

REMFAN, If you use iTunes, then you can rip directly as an Apple Lossless file (ALAC). Just change the following settings.

iTunes>Preferences>General Preferences>Import Settings>Apple Lossless

Your efforts are very much appreciated. :)

Your efforts are very much appreciated. :)

They truly are!

One thing to keep in mind, REMFAN: if you make a lossless file using iTunes (so not using FLAC codecs, but ALAC codecs), don't worry, it's just as good. Also, it will turn out with the extension .m4a (if I'm not mistaken), and not .flac. No problem in that either. They are interchangeable and have basically the same information in the same CD-quality.

Make sure the size of the file is over 20Mb. Then you most likely succeeded. If you want to check what codec it ended up using, you can use the very popular GSpot codec info appliance and it should tell you "Apple lossless codec".

From 'Oh My Heart' - iTunes Germany
"That Someone Is You" (Live in Studio) in m4a

From 'Uberlin' - iTunes Germany
"Everyday Is Yours To Win" (Live In The Studio) in m4a

Klang, here they are, both in their original m4a format: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8yu28w

Cheers!

it's on the cd single (collectors edition and i think the french card sleeve has it too)

Do you by chance have this version and are you willing to share? I am trying to compile definitive versions of the albums, with as many B Sides that were officially released.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are brilliant Blistersoul, thanking you muchly. :thumb: I didn’t even realise that some of the instrumental versions of the Monster singles were released on U.S. CD singles, I always thought they were only a cassette single issue.

Again, I got the two singles from two sources. Strange Currencies from a friend that found the single for $0.25 and the WTFK from a UK fan.

Anyone collecting rarities (non-album tracks / demos) from the following bands?

-Aerosmith
-Alice Cooper
-Airbourne
-Collective Soul
-Crash Test Dummies
-Cranberries
-Deep End
-Fastball
-Housemartins
-Lemonheads
-Mummble Ducks
-Proclaimers
-Radiohead
-Rentals
-Southern Culture on the Skids
-Skydiggers
-The Box
-Toad the Wet Sprocket
-Weezer

Hi,

If you use the 'Flash video downloader' app on Google or Firefox you should be able to do Audio and Video rips of all the stuff on concert Vault easily (I managed to get them no problems). Just change the name of each MP3 as you download them and they should be in 320kbps too.

:)

Thanks for the tip! Amazing tool!

Anyone collecting rarities (non-album tracks / demos) from the following bands?

-Aerosmith
-Alice Cooper
-Airbourne
-Collective Soul
-Crash Test Dummies
-Cranberries
-Deep End
-Fastball
-Housemartins
-Lemonheads
-Mummble Ducks
-Proclaimers
-Radiohead
-Rentals
-Southern Culture on the Skids
-Skydiggers
-The Box
-Toad the Wet Sprocket
-Weezer

I have a boatload of stuff by the bolded. Radiohead, I have all of the remastered albums with all of the b sides and rips of the live DVD that comes with them. Weezer, I have a pretty good collection. (NOTE: I usually end up converting most of my stuff to 320 to play on the iPod. Not sure if I will have FLAC floating around)

Is there something in particular you need? Maybe PM me.

just bought the perfect circle bootleg cheap off that guy from ebay. he also sent me a bonus disc of live stuff too. thinking of buying more from his silver boot lot to add to my collection (sent from UK to USA). his email is [email protected]

I just tried to email him, and it got returned. Are you sure thats the correct address?

Does anybody know the original source and any other info on the song "Wanderlust (Clayton St. Studio version)"?

I only know it was made available as a digital download somewhere (where? when? b-side? what's the difference from the original?), and then it was added to an AthFest compilation.

Thanks in advance!

Does anybody know the original source and any other info on the song "Wanderlust (Clayton St. Studio version)"?

I only know it was made available as a digital download somewhere (where? when? b-side? what's the difference from the original?), and then it was added to an AthFest compilation.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know about the digital download thing (I was only aware of a live version of the song from the Santa Barbara show as a download release), but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Clayton Street Studio is where the band held their tour rehearsals, so this version might come from the same session as the b-sides of the Aftermath single.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom