An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Thank you, Skylarker! And thanks for your original work on the collection. The track list is a true fan's dream. The version available through the Reddit link is missing a bunch of files, so reuploads direct from the source would be most welcome.
OK cool. I didn't even look at the Reddit link. I'll try to get at least the first couple of volumes of tonight.

This is a zipfile with the following folders, all of which are compilations I made:

Stumbles (early unreleased songs in various stages of completion; circa 1980)
Trolling For Olives (Chronic Town - Murmur eras, inc. a folder devoted to early studio demos)
Stocking Stuffers (fan club singles and b-sides)
Alphabet Soup (huge hodgepodge of totally random stray rarities, mostly or all live in concert, not included in the Trolling sets)

This is a 1.15 gig folder, still uploading as of 12:30 Central Time.

Apologies for not posting tracklists; maybe I'll get around to it at some point if I can.

More re-ups coming soon.

This is a zipfile with the following folders, all of which are compilations I made:

Stumbles (early unreleased songs in various stages of completion; circa 1980)
Trolling For Olives (Chronic Town - Murmur eras, inc. a folder devoted to early studio demos)
Stocking Stuffers (fan club singles and b-sides)
Alphabet Soup (huge hodgepodge of totally random stray rarities, mostly or all live in concert, not included in the Trolling sets)

This is a 1.15 gig folder, still uploading as of 12:30 Central Time.

Apologies for not posting tracklists; maybe I'll get around to it at some point if I can.

More re-ups coming soon.
Thanks for your generosity. Amazing collections.

Does anybody remember a series of fan made (i think) remixes called something like "R.E.M.I.X" They were posting remixes of full albums and some were REALLY good. New Adventures I really liked, but i've been unable to track them down when they were on this thread. Been apart of this thread, mostly anon for over a decade and I wanted to say thanks to everyone involved here. I know alotta folks have left here but it's still a very important thread to me and I wanna keep it alive. If anyone could re-post/link me I'd appreciate it greatly.
This?

Sorry for the delay. Here's Trolling For Olives; Reckoning through Pageant.

Here's Document through Automatic. Bear in mind I made these before the Automatic anniversary reissue came out and I never updated them, so as a result none of the outtakes from that reissue are included.

Last edited:
Apologies if some or all of these questions have already been answered, but here's my list...
1. Do we know if the reissues will go all the way to "Collapse into now"?
2. Are there any rumors about other non-LP-reissue releases? (Xmas singles, etc)?
3. Which of the reissues (so far) is your favorite? (I've gotten a couple of them early. but I find I never listen to them at all. I just keep going back to the original albums. So I am hesitant to buy anymore.)

Apologies if some or all of these questions have already been answered, but here's my list...
1. Do we know if the reissues will go all the way to "Collapse into now"?
2. Are there any rumors about other non-LP-reissue releases? (Xmas singles, etc)?
3. Which of the reissues (so far) is your favorite? (I've gotten a couple of them early. but I find I never listen to them at all. I just keep going back to the original albums. So I am hesitant to buy anymore.)
1) Nothing has been said about that yet as far as I know

2) Same as 1

3) I think the Out Of Time, Pageant, and Fables demos were the most valuable. The concert included with Green was great...honestly the only re-issue I hated was Monster...and I wasn't that impressed with the Hi Fi or Automatic re-issues. Lots of half-finished ideas; novelty demos...not any real gems uncovered. There's always at least a few cool tracks on each re-issue; the b-sides are great to have in one place, but overall the last few haven't blown me away.

Last edited:
Here is all songs played in the 2008 tour. Only missing Gardening at Night from Canada and Airliner from Berlin. Also including some songs from soundchecks. Tracklist and artwork is in the photos. More tour compilations will come.
R.E.M. Tour 08
https://mega.nz/#!zIBwEQIZ!GFzR2SSA1qxdyEmvcV_TM4ZU9X8SizLUAlUEWdxLasE
View attachment 41369 View attachment 41370
Any chance of a re-up of this and the 2003 one? These are incredible and I’ve enjoyed them immensely, but my computer with them went kaput. Thanks so much in advance!

Sorry for the delay. Here's Trolling For Olives; Reckoning through Pageant.

Here's Document through Automatic. Bear in mind I made these before the Automatic anniversary reissue came out and I never updated them, so as a result none of the outtakes from that reissue are included.
Thanks again, Skylarker. A true treasure trove!

Hey folks - looking for the Live In The Studio version of "Every Day Is Yours To Win" from the German iTunes single, preferably in the original m4a format.
Thanks!

The rest of the Trolling For Olives comps. This is everything post-Reveal.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom