An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Is there a website besides Dime where I can get REM shows, I honestly find the site inefficient and complicated.

Well, you need to know how to deal with torrents. When that is solved, you'll use the site more effectively. It works pretty much like any torrent site I've ever been to.

The search tool there, tho, is VERY inefficient, so here's a couple of tips. First of all, it can't search for R.E.M., like that, with the dots. So most R.E.M. torrents include the term "remtorrent" in the name of the file or description. You can search for that -- running the risk that maybe a few users weren't savvy enough to use the term. Another tip: the search there works the old fashioned way: you need to look for (to use the example above) +1995 +british +columbia +vancouver, meaning it has to have all the words with a +. Finally, you can always search for just "stipe" and see what you get. The vast majority of R.E.M. torrents have Stipe's name in the description somewhere.

Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Well, you need to know how to deal with torrents. When that is solved, you'll use the site more effectively. It works pretty much like any torrent site I've ever been to.
Except that their requirements regarding seeding ratios are quite difficult to negotiate. I can't think of another torrent site that has such demanding requirements. It's a shame really as otherwise it's an excellent website.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is, indeed, quite difficult to keep a good ratio at Dime. I don't download much from there, tbh, only R.E.M. and when I know I haven't heard that particular show before. But I wouldn't know about originally seeding stuff. Never uploaded anything myself.

Whenever there's a freeleech, like right now, I try to improve my ratio as best as I can. Same for holiday season, when they do the same. I try to apply other techniques during the year.

I am the one one who has been uploading the stuff (decided to make an account here instead of being a guest) , and totally agree with you there, Guitar101 has some great stuff for sure

Thanks for all the uploading D8! do you happen to have this show in your archives -
26 June 1984 - Starry Night, Portland, OR
audience: 1,000
support: The Dream Syndicate
set: Harborcoat / Catapult / Hyena / Letter Never Sent / Pilgrimage / 7 Chinese Bros. / Shaking Through / Femme Fatale / So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry) / Unknown / Pretty Persuasion / Gardening At Night - 9-9 - Windout / Old Man Kensey / Radio Free Europe / Little America
encore 1: Perfect Circle / Camera / 1,000,000
encore 2: Someone's In The Kitchen With Dinah - Jimmy Crack Corn / Second Guessing / Carnival Of Sorts (Box Cars)

???
thanks

Hope everyone is doing fine. As many I am enjoying this time reconnecting with some music. Was hoping someone could re-up the BHJ RSD release. I know I had it but cannot find it on my Mac.

Thanks in advance!

Hope everyone is OK! Just like many I have been reconnecting with some music over the past couple days. Is anyone able to re-up the BHJ RSD release. I remember having it but I cannot find it on my Mac. The joys of having children. Accidently deleting items.

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks for all the uploading D8! do you happen to have this show in your archives -
26 June 1984 - Starry Night, Portland, OR
audience: 1,000
support: The Dream Syndicate
set: Harborcoat / Catapult / Hyena / Letter Never Sent / Pilgrimage / 7 Chinese Bros. / Shaking Through / Femme Fatale / So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry) / Unknown / Pretty Persuasion / Gardening At Night - 9-9 - Windout / Old Man Kensey / Radio Free Europe / Little America
encore 1: Perfect Circle / Camera / 1,000,000
encore 2: Someone's In The Kitchen With Dinah - Jimmy Crack Corn / Second Guessing / Carnival Of Sorts (Box Cars)

???
thanks
Thank you! And I am not sure but most likely this show wasn't recorded : (

hi there , i m looking for these lossless gigs, could you pleaz upload them thanx!!
01/14/2001RIOBRASIL
01/20/1995SYDNEYAUSTRALIA
02/01/1995TOKYOJAPAN
02/02/1995TOKYOJAPAN

THANX!!!

Sad news, Bill Rieflin is not longer with us

Attachments

• 41500A07-C4FE-421A-B1A5-30ED711CC39A.jpeg
    41500A07-C4FE-421A-B1A5-30ED711CC39A.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 146
Hello, I searched old forum posts in several years and.. could anyone re-post some lossless b-sides of some singles? tried to find "Wanderlust" b-side and nothing found but old posts. If anyone post them I'm very appreciate...

Hope everyone is OK! Just like many I have been reconnecting with some music over the past couple days. Is anyone able to re-up the BHJ RSD release. I remember having it but I cannot find it on my Mac. The joys of having children. Accidently deleting items.

Thanks in advance!!!

I have it. Will re-up it. It is in 320.

hi there, im looking for the riga , bergen & istanbul lossless gigs from 2008, someone can upload them pleaz?

Last edited:
Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom