An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

R.E.M. is clearly guilty of releasing bad quality files in their later years, not to mention the atrocity we had with the allegedly "remastered" anniversary albums. For those who don't know: they have all been "brickwalled", which means only their volume was severely increased while all dynamics was destroyed, and listening to a full album causes auditory fatigue to most. No, those were absolutely not "remasters;" they just made the albums loud as hell unnecessarily.

I find it weird when artists don't care for how their music sounds and for releasing music in proper quality. Our guys didn't care as a group or individually, it seems.

Hello Everyone! I need the following in FLAC or MP3 · 320 Bit Rate. I bought the REMBBC boxset, but want an audio version of the Jools Holland DVD Set. So not seeking freebie, just want to complete my IPod collection with all I can from the official releases. The 30 Days isn't available for purchase only stream. Love to add this to my collection. Plus two compilation tracks I just cannot find.

DVD RIP
R.E.M. BBC Box Set (DVD rip)

Later... with Jools Holland 1998 [Live]

Live 8 (DVD Rip)
Everybody Hurts [Live]
Man on the Moon [Live]

COMPILATION
30 Days 30 Songs

Its the End of the World as We Know It [Live]

99x Project X
Orange Crush [Live fro Atlanta '95]

KTHX 100.1: Live from the X-Ville City Limits Vol. 3
All the Way to Reno (Live)

Thank you in advance,
BUCKHEAD

30 Days 30 Songs
Its the End of the World as We Know It [Live]

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/12fw7...songs+-+Nov+10+1989,+Greensboro+Coliseum).mp3

Major warning #1: I ripped this myself from the above compilation.
Major warning #2: pretty much everybody already had it one way or another, since it's the version present in "Tourfilm" and in that widely circulated Greensboro 1989 bootleg (where all the audio for Tourfilm was extracted from).
Major warning #3: the original file used by the producer was an mp3, so there was no use in upsampling my rip to a FLAC, since it would always become a "fake FLAC" anyway. This is from (X?) mp3 to 320kbps-mp3.

Hi all,

I'm looking for the Reveal 2001 Advance if anyone has it. Not fussy about format. Many thanks!

Just a quick heads up that the Bingo Handjob gig from 1991 is on the RSD list. 2LPs.

I guess that calls for some clarification.

- Bingo Hand Job: fake name R.E.M. used in 1991 for two shows.
- Show in question, to be released as a 2LP set: 15 March 1991, at The Borderline, in London, England (see the R.E.M. Timeline for more info).
- Is this release all new? Yes and no. It has been heavily bootlegged, so lots of people already have a good version of it. But this will be its first official release.
- RSD: Record Store Day.
- When will RSD be? Saturday, April 13.
- Can I have some cover art? More info? Sure, see here.

I guess that calls for some clarification.

- Bingo Hand Job: fake name R.E.M. used in 1991 for two shows.
- Show in question, to be released as a 2LP set: 15 March 1991, at The Borderline, in London, England (see the R.E.M. Timeline for more info).
- Is this release all new? Yes and no. It has been heavily bootlegged, so lots of people already have a good version of it. But this will be its first official release.
- RSD: Record Store Day.
- When will RSD be? Saturday, April 13.
- Can I have some cover art? More info? Sure, see here.

They all knew that! Lol

Tom's Diner, previously on Near Wild Heaven, isn't on it which is a shame. Hopefully there'll be good numbers.

I thought the hib-tone vs Eponymous debate was settled? I ripped my copy of the single and posted it a while back. Seemed everyone agreed that it was the same as Eponymous. I have a second pressing, so unless they used a different mix for the first press, I think it’s all the same.

As far as I know, there are at least 6 different versions of Radio Free Europe. The two that are the hardest to tell apart are the "Hibbert (HibTone 45) mix" and the "Mitch Easter" mix.
Both of them are SO incorrectly labeled all over the internet AND on official releases, because REM (or I.R.S.?) keeps saying the Mitch Easter mix is The "Hib Tone original"!!

Original (cassette set demo)
Hbberts mix (hib tone single version)
Easters mix (Eponymous version)
Easters silly "dub" mix
Mumur re-recording
Murmur radio edit

(I'll admit, those last 2 are a stretch on being "different" from each other though)

What are the differences between the single and Eponymous mixes? A couple different users listened to my rip and seemed to agree they were the same. Looking at my old posts, this was in Jan of 2018

They are the exact same recording except 7" was mixed by Hibtone and the Eponymous version was mixed by Easter. They are in fact the same tracks but slightly different mix by different people.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom