An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Driver 8 (Live 06-14-1984, The Cutting Edge Second Take) from When The Light Is Mine. It is a hidden extra and I can't figure out how to find it and rip it.

I could locate it on the DVD structure, but it's proven hard to rip. From what I can tell so far, WtLiM was a badly-authored DVD with encoding, sync and navigation problems. I'll try something different and let you guys know.

I could locate it on the DVD structure, but it's proven hard to rip. From what I can tell so far, WtLiM was a badly-authored DVD with encoding, sync and navigation problems. I'll try something different and let you guys know.

Maybe this gives you an idea of how the DVD is built. This is what my rip looks like:

---2006_When The Light Is Mine (16bit 48kHz)
| | 01 - Wolves, Lower.flac
| | 02 - Radio Free Europe (edit version).flac
| | 03 - Talk About The Passion.flac
| | 04 - Radio Free Europe (831118_The Tube).flac
| | 05 - Talk About The Passion (831118_The Tube).flac
| | 06 - So Central Rain (live vocal).flac
| | 07 - Left of Reckoning.flac
| | 08 - Pretty Persuasion (841120_Old Grey Whistle Test).flac
| | 09 - Can't Get There From Here.flac
| | 10 - Driver 8 (original long version).flac
| | 11 - Life And How To Live It.flac
| | 12 - Feeling Gravitys Pull.flac
| | 13 - Can't Get There From Here (851025_The Tube).flac
| | 14 - Fall On Me.flac
| | 15 - Swan Swan H (from Athens GA Inside-Out).flac
| | 16 - The One I Love.flac
| | 17 - It's The End of The World As We Know It.flac
| | 18 - Finest Worksong.flac
| | 19 - Pilgrimage.flac
| | 29 - Pilgrimage.flac
| | 30 - Pilgrimage.flac
| | Left of Reckoning.cue
| |
| +---Bonus0_Menu audio
| | 01 - Old Man Kensey (instrumental edit).flac
| | 02 - Theme From Two Steps Onwards (instrumental edit).flac
| | 03 - Rotary Ten.flac
| | 04 - Life And How To Live It (intro only).flac
| |
| +---Bonus1_The Cutting Edge - October 1983
| | 01 - edited broadcast segment.flac
| | 02 - additional interviews.flac
| |
| +---Bonus2_The Cutting Edge - June 1984
| | 03 - Driver 8.flac
| | 04 - Wendell Gee.flac
| | 05 - (Don't Go Back To) Rockville.flac
| | 06 - Time After Time (AnnElise).flac
| | 07 - Driver 8 (take 2).flac
| |
| +---Bonus3_Pageantry - September 1986
| | 01 - interview excerpts.flac
| |
| \---Bonus4_Easter eggs
| 01 - Radio Free Europe (full version).flac
| 02 - video lead-out.flac
| 03 - Driver 8 (The Cutting Edge June 1984 - take 2).flac

Does anyone have this exact version of the Nottingham 1984 show? It's become my white whale... : )

REM In Concert: New Rock (Westwood One US 2-CD radio show, 14-trks recorded at Rock City, Nottingham 1985, + cues #94-42).

I have a few more CD's coming, if you need anything, let me know and I will post them for you.

Gentle on My Mind (Live 06/12/2001) from KCRW Sounds Eclectic: The Covers Project
Bad Day (Radio Edit) from Bad Day Promo
Suspicion (Radio Edit) from Suspicion Promo (CD)
Bittersweet Me (Memphis Soundcheck 11-07-1995) from The '97 Brit Awards

Thanks!

I went ahead and ordered :

Bad Day (Live 2003) from Austin City Limits Music Festival: 2003
I've Been High from KFOG 104.5 - 97.7 Live from the Archives 9

If you need what I ordered, please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Maybe this gives you an idea of how the DVD is built. This is what my rip looks like:

---2006_When The Light Is Mine (16bit 48kHz)
| | 01 - Wolves, Lower.flac
| | 02 - Radio Free Europe (edit version).flac
| | 03 - Talk About The Passion.flac
| | 04 - Radio Free Europe (831118_The Tube).flac
| | 05 - Talk About The Passion (831118_The Tube).flac
| | 06 - So Central Rain (live vocal).flac
| | 07 - Left of Reckoning.flac
| | 08 - Pretty Persuasion (841120_Old Grey Whistle Test).flac
| | 09 - Can't Get There From Here.flac
| | 10 - Driver 8 (original long version).flac
| | 11 - Life And How To Live It.flac
| | 12 - Feeling Gravitys Pull.flac
| | 13 - Can't Get There From Here (851025_The Tube).flac
| | 14 - Fall On Me.flac
| | 15 - Swan Swan H (from Athens GA Inside-Out).flac
| | 16 - The One I Love.flac
| | 17 - It's The End of The World As We Know It.flac
| | 18 - Finest Worksong.flac
| | 19 - Pilgrimage.flac
| | 29 - Pilgrimage.flac
| | 30 - Pilgrimage.flac
| | Left of Reckoning.cue
| |
| +---Bonus0_Menu audio
| | 01 - Old Man Kensey (instrumental edit).flac
| | 02 - Theme From Two Steps Onwards (instrumental edit).flac
| | 03 - Rotary Ten.flac
| | 04 - Life And How To Live It (intro only).flac
| |
| +---Bonus1_The Cutting Edge - October 1983
| |
| +---Bonus2_The Cutting Edge - June 1984
| | 03 - Driver 8.flac
| | 04 - Wendell Gee.flac
| | 05 - (Don't Go Back To) Rockville.flac
| | 06 - Time After Time (AnnElise).flac
| | 07 - Driver 8 (take 2).flac
| |
| +---Bonus3_Pageantry - September 1986
| | 01 - interview excerpts.flac
| |
| \---Bonus4_Easter eggs
| 01 - Radio Free Europe (full version).flac
| 02 - video lead-out.flac
| 03 - Driver 8 (The Cutting Edge June 1984 - take 2).flac

Do you have a US or European disc? Mine is US and I can't find the hidden tracks anywhere. Everything else matches up, maybe they aren't on the US disc?

Do you have a US or European disc? Mine is US and I can't find the hidden tracks anywhere. Everything else matches up, maybe they aren't on the US disc?

I think I have a rehash of the badly-authored American version. The two bonuses are located in the "VTS_02_0.VOB" file, but audio and video are corrupted and inaccessible any other way. I could extract the 4 Cutting Edge songs, but couldn't even listen to "Driver 8 (take 2)". Can anyone in Europe please extract that version for us as a fake FLAC (since the original audio is a lossy AC3 anyway)?

theinsurgent, I'll take a look at the other requests during the week.

I think I have a rehash of the badly-authored American version. The two bonuses are located in the "VTS_02_0.VOB" file, but audio and video are corrupted and inaccessible any other way. I could extract the 4 Cutting Edge songs, but couldn't even listen to "Driver 8 (take 2)". Can anyone in Europe please extract that version for us as a fake FLAC (since the original audio is a lossy AC3 anyway)?

Thanks gargumma! As always, I appreciate all that you do!

Here are the first 25 tracks of my non-album tracks project, in FLAC. The REMTV songs were all on the discs as AC3 tracks.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/616d995o39752hm/Non-Album Tracks 1-25.zip

#9 Dream
(Don't Go Back To) Rockville (Edit)
(Don't Go Back To) Rockville (Live 02-27-2005)
(Don't Go Back To) Rockville (Live 06-14-1984, The Cutting Edge)
(Don't Go Back To) Rockville (Live 07-07-1984)
(Don't Go Back To) Rockville (Live 10/05/2008)
(Don't Go Back To) Rockville (Live 10/23/1998)
(Don't Go Back To) Rockville (Live 10/25/2003)
1,000,000 (Live 07/09/1983)
1,000,000 (Live 07/13/1983)
1,000,000 (Live 07-04-2007)
165 Hillcrest
2JN
32 Chord Song
40 Sec. (40 Second Song Demo) (Out Of Time Demos)
7 Chinese Bros. (Live 07/09/1983)
7 Chinese Bros. (Live 07-07-1984)
9-9 (Live 04/20/1984)
9-9 (Live 07/09/1983)
9-9 (Live 07/13/1983)
9-9 (Live 07-07-1984)
A Month of Saturdays
Academy Fight Song
Academy Fight Song (Live 04/28/1989)

Last edited:
Anyone has the songs played by R.E.M. on 02.14.02 at Kodak Theatre?

R.E.M.: Imitation Of Life
R.E.M.: I Got You Babe (w/ Cher)
R.E.M.: Losing My Religion (w/ Ward Dotson)
R.E.M.: One (w/ Bono)

;)

Hi gargumma, sorry I have scared everyone away;)

Here is a link for Driver 8 Take 2:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jerq...Live 1984-06-14, The Cutting Edge,Take 2).zip

Can someone please PM me an upload of all the REM demos please. I have out of time,but they are the only ones. Thanks in advance

I am not able to purchase one track. Could someone please post Living Well Is The Best Revenge (Live 06-21-2008) from Wounded Warrior? If it is still available somewhere, could you at least point me in the right direction? I have a live audience recording, but it is mostly unlistenable. Thanks.

It's been an incredibly busy couple of weeks. I couldn't even test my new monitor yet, which I got a week ago.

theinsurgent, please post an updated list of what you need these days, and another of some rarities you could upload too. I'll try to upload some stuff tonight. :)

It's been an incredibly busy couple of weeks. I couldn't even test my new monitor yet, which I got a week ago.

theinsurgent, please post an updated list of what you need these days, and another of some rarities you could upload too. I'll try to upload some stuff tonight. :)

Hi gargumma. Thanks for replying. My prolonged soliloquy had tempered my enthusiasm for the non-album tracks project. I had spent over four hundred dollars in three weeks and the best available deals left me at $228.13 for the last fifteen tracks. While deciding to purchase the remaining tracks or wait until later, I started on other unfinished projects. I have received a few more discs, and expect two tomorrow, but I have not ripped them yet. I have remembered why the other projects are unfinished as I work on them.

I will refocus on the non-album tracks again soon. I had forgotten about the mp3's in the Warner Rarities and I need to address some of those nine tracks. Thanks for the helpful guide...

I have some things that you probably need, and I will get to those for you soon, but for now I have zipped up the LAST twenty tracks in case anyone else wants them. I don't believe you need any of them...sorry about that. I hope you have a few of the things on my list, which will free me up to buy the discs that neither one of us have.

Here's my list:

I'm still hoping for any of these:

All The Way To Reno (You're Gonna Be A Star) (Live KTHX 100.1) from KTHX 100.1: Live from the X-Ville City Limits Vol. 3
Boy In The Well (Live London Sept 2004) from Uncut Magazine
Daysleeper (Radio Edit) from Daysleeper Promo
Milk & Cookies (edit) from Man On The Moon Score Sampler - Music From The Motion Picture
Living Well Is The Best Revenge (Live 06-21-2008, from Wounded Warrior)
I'll Take The Rain (Edit) (4:31) from I'll Take The Rain (Edit) Promo CD PR 02802
I'll Take The Rain (Radio Edit) (3:39) from I'll Take The Rain (Radio Edit) Promo CDr
Animal (Dickey Doo Remix) PRO-A-101253 12" 2003
Blue (alternate ending)
Losing My Religion - R.E.M. Live In Germany (From Perfect Square) from Spanish Promo CD SPI006W
Nightswimming (Live 2003-10-14) from Best Of Later... With Jools Holland DVD
The One I Love (Live 2001-05-01) from Later... With Jools Holland - Giants DVD

and hope to upgrade any of these. They are all available in an improved form:

Moon River (Live On The Old Grey Whistle Test 11-20-1984) from The Old Grey Whistle Test, Vol. 1 DVD
Let Me In (Live) from Wuxtry Record LP (I know I just received this from a lossy source)
Forty Second Song from Shiny Happy People (7in, 12in, Cass, CD) (I bought this but my copy is scratched)
Deck The Halls (1988 Winter Warnerland Compilation)
Leaving New York (Live In Helsinki 29/01/05) from Electron Blue 2 Video (mine is from a not very good audience recording of the show, lossless but poor)

Thanks again, and I will work on the list of things you might need.

I'm still hoping for any of these:

All The Way To Reno (You're Gonna Be A Star) (Live KTHX 100.1) from KTHX 100.1: Live from the X-Ville City Limits Vol. 3
Boy In The Well (Live London Sept 2004) from Uncut Magazine
Daysleeper (Radio Edit) from Daysleeper Promo
Milk & Cookies (edit) from Man On The Moon Score Sampler - Music From The Motion Picture
Living Well Is The Best Revenge (Live 06-21-2008, from Wounded Warrior)
I'll Take The Rain (Edit) (4:31) from I'll Take The Rain (Edit) Promo CD PR 02802
I'll Take The Rain (Radio Edit) (3:39) from I'll Take The Rain (Radio Edit) Promo CDr
Animal (Dickey Doo Remix) PRO-A-101253 12" 2003
Blue (alternate ending)
Losing My Religion - R.E.M. Live In Germany (From Perfect Square) from Spanish Promo CD SPI006W
Nightswimming (Live 2003-10-14) from Best Of Later... With Jools Holland DVD
The One I Love (Live 2001-05-01) from Later... With Jools Holland - Giants DVD

and hope to upgrade any of these. They are all available in an improved form:

Moon River (Live On The Old Grey Whistle Test 11-20-1984) from The Old Grey Whistle Test, Vol. 1 DVD
Let Me In (Live) from Wuxtry Record LP (I know I just received this from a lossy source)
Forty Second Song from Shiny Happy People (7in, 12in, Cass, CD) (I bought this but my copy is scratched)
Deck The Halls (1988 Winter Warnerland Compilation)
Leaving New York (Live In Helsinki 29/01/05) from Electron Blue 2 Video (mine is from a not very good audience recording of the show, lossless but poor)

Thanks again, and I will work on the list of things you might need.
Here are some of these, namely:

- Boy In The Well (Live London 2004-09-15) from Uncut Magazine
- Daysleeper (Radio Edit) from Daysleeper Promo - well, it is actually the single edit (one of those useless Warner-era edits where the intro is made a few seconds shorter, see Drive or Leaving New York for other examples) from the commercial single, but I'm not convinced that a special promo edit exists: there was no need for editing to begin with, the song was short enough for radio airplay and there's no profanity in the lyrics (unlike Kenneth or Bad Day).
- Living Well Is The Best Revenge (Live 2008-06-21, from Wounded Warrior)
- I'll Take The Rain (Edit) (4:31)
- Nightswimming (Live 2003-10-14) from Best Of Later... With Jools Holland DVD
- The One I Love (Live 2001-05-01) from Later... With Jools Holland - Giants DVD
- Forty Second Song from Shiny Happy People (7in, 12in, Cass, CD)
- Deck The Halls (1988 Winter Warnerland Compilation) - this flac file comes from another compilation CD (Mojo Presents...Festive Fifteen, 2011), but it's the same recording
- Leaving New York (Live In Helsinki 2005-01-29) from Electron Blue

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ooggusx1uhjs8oe/RareEM.rar

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom