An open letter to Morrissey - from Side-Line Music Magazine

An open letter to Morrissey - Side-Line

28 Jul, 2011
In a reaction to the comments the former frontman of the Smiths made at a concert in Warsaw, Poland, on Sunday, Side-Line's chief editor Bernard van Isacker decided to send the man a letter. For those who are unaware, before singing "Meat is Murder", the 52-year-old musician told the crowd: "We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day."

Last edited by a moderator:
So bloody what!? Who cares what you have to say. Were it the views of a respected journalist or newspaper I may be interested but Side Line Music are clearly trying to cash in on this for their own gains.

LOL at the above 2 comments. Agreed. Big whoop. Opinions are... Just that. Opinions.

What an attention-seeking little jerk.

This site does itself no favours by posting a link to this odious nonentity.

I think this guy has a valid point...

I've been vegan 18+ years and I'm not foolish enough to compare the factory farm system to a murderer. Yes, both are horrible...but it just makes little to no sense. Plus it doesn't help the cause when people just think all vegetarians are angry, insensitive and crazy...and lately Morrissey is all three.

Animals Rights is about compassion. I include people in that thinking as well. Morrissey has lost his compassion for a point of view.

Side note: Moz is also still NOT vegan. In this way he is really STILL part of the system he claims to hate and despise. Hating on fast food? The milk in your tea comes from the same farms, as does the leather in your shoes.

Haha at the self importance of this little piece. Straight to the trash can with you Bernard Nobody.

I think Morrissey is right! It's not that I'm a fan or anything, but just because people are longing for tragedies to outproduce themselves as caring, social human beings in respect to recent events, they should either present themselves like this on all issues that bear a tragedy and every time justice is not served well or just rest silent. Honestly: now everyone has to comment on this tragic event in Norway and how shocking all that is. So many people with so much to say about this. I wonder, because if so many people stand up and are touched by this tragedy like this, there shouldn't be any wars or hunger or other unbearable situations for human beings in this world, because the majority seems to be actively interested in all human beings living in peace and happiness forever. But once the artificially produced "media hype" ceases, all keep caring on like before (except those directly touched by the killings of course). I can not speak for anybody else, but I'd feel ashamed to damn Morrissey for what he said in Warsaw and carry on next week just the same way I did before. Morrissey on the other hand is actively fighting against a cruel thing and therefore has as well the right to exaggerate just for gaining attention regarding the good intentions he undoubtedly has. Sorry for not being a native speaker and trying to write down a really complex chain of thoughts...

While I may not be a veggy myself, at least Morrisey's stance saves me from bloody awful staduium burgers when I go to a gig!

And yes I know I am too stupid to even spell my no. 1 hero's name correctly!!

Can we all please move past the constantly repeated fallacy that many vegans unknowingly (or hypocritically) wear leather shoes? I'm not vegan, far from it, but every time someone discusses the hypocrisy of vegans and their shoes the writer acts like they just discovered this huge newsflash.

Think you mean vegetarians wear leather shoes. Vegans are highly unlikely to purchase cow skin shoes as it wouldn't be vegan by any definition.

Extremist are crazy either they are muslim, christian, black, white or a a fanatic vegans!

To all people that agrees with this crazy man (moryWTH) You may think about you values in life... the circal of life i natrual... slaying down innocent children are not!!

I'm so angry that i could have written a lot of things but this man, you peopel that agreess ain't woth it!

If one man can spread all this hate, think about alle the love we Norwegian and our friends can spread together... The hate and extremist will not triumph.

From Norway with Love.

Who is this person who wrote this rubbish? If you must have an opinion, please learn to voice it coherently. In other words, learn to spell and use the correct grammar, and being able to form a sentence would help too.
Also, for all the folk harping on about vegans wearing leather shoes........which vegans are these?? Some Veggies wear leather shoes(although I am a veggie and I do not buy leather goods), but vegans? Most real vegans won't even eat honey or wear silk, let alone leather. Wise up you silly fools.
P.s Mozzer has a point although he may have voiced it in a manner that may have excluded the teeny,tiny brains of a lot of people. The fact is that yes, quite a few innocent people were murdered in cold blood, it was a tragedy and terribly sad , and what is also sad and a tragedy is that thousands and thousands of innocent souls are murdered in cold blood daily in our abbatoirs yet it gets largely ignored. That's it. What's so difficult to grasp???

I am worried about Morrissey's well being. He is becomming more and more like Brigitte Bardot now and it could keep getting worse. The similarities are obvious: once beautiful, now trying to cope with their body in decay; a non-existent love life and a finding a substitute in animal welfare, so many rumors in the media that they really can't tell anymore if the president of the US is more important then they are.

I love Morrissey, and I'll probably always will, but this (if it is true) really hurt me. Not because of the remark itself, but because Morrissey has lost his wit here and showed some horrible lack of judgement you often see with old men.

I think Morrissey is doing this on purpose because he sees himself as tragic hero; misunderstood, ostracized, glorified after death, etc. But what a way to live, stirring up sh*t everywhere he goes.

I have worked very close to Morrissey , have any of you??? I believe this post is pretty much what I have been saying about him. He is very secluded,I couldn't look at him the day he was playing at our venue, he ranted about stupid stuff and made hisself look like an ass! I used to like listening to his music, but now I only remember how mean and disrespectful he was to the HUMAN BEINGS who were working for him trying to make his miserable life better. I felt he had NO compassion for mankind!!! We (the production crews putting on his show), joked that maybe he could get some of the cows he cares so much for to take care of his pompus ass! Because he surely doesn't care for the people around him. And YES he is A DIVA!!!!!!QUOTE=Boemba;1986666151]I am worried about Morrissey's well being. He is becomming more and more like Brigitte Bardot now and it could keep getting worse. The similarities are obvious: once beautiful, now trying to cope with their body in decay; a noows)is shn-existent love life and a finding a substitute in animal welfare, so many rumors in the media that they really can't tell anymore if the president of the US is more important then they are.

I love Morrissey, and I'll probably always will, but this (if it is true) really hurt me. Not because oe is A DIVf the remark itself, but because Morrissey has lost his wit here and showed some horrible lack of judgement you often see with old men.[/QUOTE]

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom