An open letter to Morrissey - from Side-Line Music Magazine

An open letter to Morrissey - Side-Line

28 Jul, 2011
In a reaction to the comments the former frontman of the Smiths made at a concert in Warsaw, Poland, on Sunday, Side-Line's chief editor Bernard van Isacker decided to send the man a letter. For those who are unaware, before singing "Meat is Murder", the 52-year-old musician told the crowd: "We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day."

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is this person who wrote this rubbish? If you must have an opinion, please learn to voice it coherently. In other words, learn to spell and use the correct grammar, and being able to form a sentence would help too.
Also, for all the folk harping on about vegans wearing leather shoes........which vegans are these?? Some Veggies wear leather shoes(although I am a veggie and I do not buy leather goods), but vegans? Most real vegans won't even eat honey or wear silk, let alone leather. Wise up you silly fools.
P.s Mozzer has a point although he may have voiced it in a manner that may have excluded the teeny,tiny brains of a lot of people. The fact is that yes, quite a few innocent people were murdered in cold blood, it was a tragedy and terribly sad , and what is also sad and a tragedy is that thousands and thousands of innocent souls are murdered in cold blood daily in our abbatoirs yet it gets largely ignored. That's it. What's so difficult to grasp???

Exactly! I also wonder what is so hard to grasp! Thanx!

What the hell is wrong with Morrissey.
I live in Norway and I can't grasp how a "star" like him can come up with crap like he did last weekend in Poland.
I am an animal lover and don't support slaughtering of animals but comparing this to slaugter of children is going over the line.

show some respect for the families that have lost the most important thing in the world.
I wonder what he would say if it was his children that was killend in this sensless act.
I realy can't understand why he said what he did but if he has some sens in his mind he will take the statment back.

Has the world come to this where Morrissey statment is allright?
Can't anyone see the difference?
What would you do if your children was trapped on Utøya and see how this sick bastard first shot one time then kicked the kids while they prayed him to not to shot for then again shot of half there head.

Not only am I sad that this happend here,, would never belive it could. But more so sad that this statment shows how sick one person can be with a statment as Morrissy gave.
SHAME ON YOU MORRISSEY!!!

Hateful comments show there is an Anders Behring Breivik in all of us. The times we live in are hard and hateful and the reason this all pops up now is because america voted for a black president. They cannot even agree on the economics and his opponents seem to prefer USA not to be able to pay its bills rather than have Obama in power.
Race and hate is a complex thing and in american prisons that is never questioned because in there races form groups fighting other races and that is the norm. We may think we have evolved and become more modern as humans but you can never change biology and the codes of nature.
Pushed to the limit we would all be able to use extreme violence toward innocent people and some of you here at Solo will do so in the future, maybe just one of you but that is enough.

Hateful comments show there is an Anders Behring Breivik in all of us. The times we live in are hard and hateful and the reason this all pops up now is because america voted for a black president. They cannot even agree on the economics and his opponents seem to prefer USA not to be able to pay its bills rather than have Obama in power.
Race and hate is a complex thing and in american prisons that is never questioned because in there races form groups fighting other races and that is the norm. We may think we have evolved and become more modern as humans but you can never change biology and the codes of nature.
Pushed to the limit we would all be able to use extreme violence toward innocent people and some of you here at Solo will do so in the future, maybe just one of you but that is enough.

Forgive my saying so, but you're a f***ing idiot.

Yes let's look at it again through the eyes of the animals. Who the hell are we to think we are more important?

Who is this person who wrote this rubbish? If you must have an opinion, please learn to voice it coherently. In other words, learn to spell and use the correct grammar, and being able to form a sentence would help too.
Also, for all the folk harping on about vegans wearing leather shoes........which vegans are these?? Some Veggies wear leather shoes(although I am a veggie and I do not buy leather goods), but vegans? Most real vegans won't even eat honey or wear silk, let alone leather. Wise up you silly fools.
P.s Mozzer has a point although he may have voiced it in a manner that may have excluded the teeny,tiny brains of a lot of people. The fact is that yes, quite a few innocent people were murdered in cold blood, it was a tragedy and terribly sad , and what is also sad and a tragedy is that thousands and thousands of innocent souls are murdered in cold blood daily in our abbatoirs yet it gets largely ignored. That's it. What's so difficult to grasp???

The guy writing is clearly Norweigan, ergo his grammar and whatnot is unlikely to be perfect. That said, I've no doubt his English is better than your Noweigan.

I don't disagree with the point you're making, but when you criticize somebody's spelling and setence construction to back up your point, you simply come off as being a massive arse.

Also, yes, Morrissey's comment was insensitively timed, but what does anybody expect? He's always been a strange fruit. All of the oh-so outraged people now descending like vultures no doubt have never said anything foolish or at the wrong time. It's that News of the World "get'em!" mob mentality and it stinks. If this truly makes you smash up your Smiths records or boycott future concerts (as some people have claimed they are going to do/have done) then good luck to you. I think you need to get some perspective.

Morrissey is a f***ING DICKHEAD

What's wrong with Morrissey having an opinion? Must we always agree with everything he believes or says? Grow up people and stop with the name calling children.

1. Beware David Tseng = Kewpi = Viva Hate and many more!

moron jap im back.........

Anonymous - Today, 09:09 PM

so pathetic so stupid so fetch Viva Hatel Viva idiot!

Anonymous - Today, 09:10 PM

i want to f*** your pussy american jap David and your arse too ************** mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm delicious!

Grahamchard - Today, 09:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Yeah sure, I'll do it tomorrow cuz I've only the net on my phone and I'm just about out of credit. Jealous of you! Sarah
Hi Sarah just let me know where its uploaded and I wil try and get it onto a disc I MUST have this to keep
Fingers crossed
G

Anonymous - Today, 09:11 PM

ban me again mother f***er ja ja ban me ban me! ja ja ja ja

Anonymous - Today, 09:11 PM

David Tchong! what a stupid name is that f***ing chinese? return to China! dumbass!

This guy's Facebook page says "conservative". Enough said.

Is it really so hard to understand that you can make a point on one topic (the daily slaying of millions of animals) without dismissing the importance of another (the insanity in Norway) ? Moz simply points out that there is a(nother kind of) massacre happening EVERY day, and that, being a veggie/vegan, he is as shocked about it as the rest of the world is shocked by the Oslo events !?

Here is what I would like to know.....everyone that has commented on the slaughter of cows, and their use for meat, leather and milk......have you ever seen a cow? Fed a cow? Watered a cow? Had any contact with the animal at all? Until you have, you need to keep your mouth shut. The whole purpose of a cow if for either meat or milk. If you do not milk a cow, that actually causes them physical pain and anguish. And as for meat it is the circle of life. Cows, pigs, chickens are for human consumption as it has been for thousands and thousands of years. Here is what everyone forgets - this is a world of freedom and eating meat is not murder. Seriously people grow up. Its food. You need it to survive. Get off your soap boxes and have a steak.

If Moz is not a vegan, then he is a hypocrite--in addition to an angry, bitter man.

Extremist are crazy either they are muslim, christian, black, white or a a fanatic vegans!

To all people that agrees with this crazy man (moryWTH) You may think about you values in life... the circal of life i natrual... slaying down innocent children are not!!

I'm so angry that i could have written a lot of things but this man, you peopel that agreess ain't woth it!

If one man can spread all this hate, think about alle the love we Norwegian and our friends can spread together... The hate and extremist will not triumph.

From Norway with Love.
The second biggest democratic party in Norway is islamophobic/racist, the murderer shared many of their views. This is a problem within the society that Norway has to deal with. This is the real problem. To turn hatred towards Morrissey, vegetarianism and the rest of the world is out of focus Look yourself in the mirror please if you dare?! It is certainly needed. Make progress in your own internal fishy racist patriotic tendencies in Norway - before being this righteous and holy. Please.

Here is what I would like to know.....everyone that has commented on the slaughter of cows, and their use for meat, leather and milk......have you ever seen a cow? Fed a cow? Watered a cow? Had any contact with the animal at all? Until you have, you need to keep your mouth shut. The whole purpose of a cow if for either meat or milk. If you do not milk a cow, that actually causes them physical pain and anguish. And as for meat it is the circle of life. Cows, pigs, chickens are for human consumption as it has been for thousands and thousands of years. Here is what everyone forgets - this is a world of freedom and eating meat is not murder. Seriously people grow up. Its food. You need it to survive. Get off your soap boxes and have a steak.

I never touch meat and yet I survive fine. Blows your puny argument out of the water moosh.

hey guys, just listen to the new Noel Gallagher 'The death of you and me'...such a great song and finally something real to talk about...lol...

My regards from Belgium Johan

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom