An interview with Stephen Street​ - The Accidental Photographer

Roberto Ferdenzi posted the link:

An interview with Stephen Street​ - The Accidental Photographer

stephen-street05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Intrerview with Stephen Street - The Accidental Photographer

And nothing new at all.

Nevertheless, it's still enjoyable reading an interview with Stephen Street. He comes across very open and pleasant ... you should try it sometime.

Anyway, it's one of my regrets and I wonder if it's one of Morrissey's that he and Street didn't make more music together? Probably not. He's right, they were on an upward trajectory and it was cut short. One can only wonder...

Nevertheless, it's still enjoyable reading an interview with Stephen Street. He comes across very open and pleasant ... you should try it sometime.

Anyway, it's one of my regrets and I wonder if it's one of Morrissey's that he and Street didn't make more music together? Probably not. He's right, they were on an upward trajectory and it was cut short. One can only wonder...

I love the little SS logo stamped in Morrissey's name on the Playboys single :)

Morrissey-The-Last-Of-The-Famous-International-Playboys.jpg

I suspect Morrissey thought he deserved a bigger cut of the money because he was doing Mr Street a favour. Which is not untrue. Unequal royalty splits are pretty common in the music industry. It was probably a good moneyspinner for Street. I remember street saying when he was trying to get money he thought he was owed he had to deal with Morrissey's mum. Street was very lucky to have worked with Morrissey and they produced some great songs. I think also Morrissey was very fired up at this time in his career and could probably have made a collaboration with anybody work.

I suspect Morrissey thought he deserved a bigger cut of the money because he was doing Mr Street a favour. Which is not untrue. Unequal royalty splits are pretty common in the music industry. It was probably a good moneyspinner for Street. I remember street saying when he was trying to get money he thought he was owed he had to deal with Morrissey's mum. Street was very lucky to have worked with Morrissey and they produced some great songs. I think also Morrissey was very fired up at this time in his career and could probably have made a collaboration with anybody work.

Yes but Street didn't just make it work. This was truly something special which is why Suedehead, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Viva Hate and The Last Of The Famous International Playboys have featured at front of stage in Morrissey's world for so many years. Not to mention The Queen Is Dead being lionised for this long also.

I love the little SS logo stamped in Morrissey's name on the Playboys single :)

Morrissey-The-Last-Of-The-Famous-International-Playboys.jpg

Wow, all this time - never noticed it! I guess my excuse is that I have it on CD - smaller cover.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom