An illustration of Morrissey I saw today

An illustration of Morrissey I saw today.

• good

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • bad

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • the ugly!

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cornelius blaze

Boychild mustn't tremble!
Good painting, but weird to see Eiffle Tower in top right.

"Throwing my arms around Paris"

It's an interesting painting, actually it's quite good, but a bit too colourful for my taste.

Symbolism aside, why such emphasis on eye wrinkles? He looks older than the Christopher Walken one. :(

the M on his chest makes him more Superhero-ish - v. nice!
Other than that ... harsh ugly flesh tones, weird take on cheek and chin

I just like how they did the eyes on the 'sleuth' one (Michael Caine?)

Wondering how Lucien Freud (fave artist of mine) would do a Moz pic

Last edited:
I love it!!!!

The artist's style reminds of those paint-by-numbers kits I used to buy when I was a kid. The way the colors lie together and the sharpness of the angles give Morrissey a handsome chiseled look.

The symbolism is interesting. The M on the shirt make him look like SuperMoz.The bulldog and Unionjack are nationalist statements and I agree with the Effel Tower symbolizing ITMYAP. Of course the gun gesture we've seen Morrissey make when singing FOTGTD.

This is what they call editorial illustration, meaning that it is meant to accompany an article or perhaps an album review.

Idk, I personally think it looks terrible. I mean obviously the artist put a lot of work into it, but I just think it makes Moz look so old :blushing:

Also -- who do you suppose that's supposed to be walking away inconspicuously in the right of the picture? At first instance I thought it was meant to be Marr, which it may well be, but he's slightly portly whereas Marr has always been somewhat of a rail. I doubt it could be Jake :o :rolleyes:

Idk, I personally think it looks terrible. I mean obviously the artist put a lot of work into it, but I just think it makes Moz look so old :blushing:

Also -- who do you suppose that's supposed to be walking away inconspicuously in the right of the picture? At first instance I thought it was meant to be Marr, which it may well be, but he's slightly portly whereas Marr has always been somewhat of a rail. I doubt it could be Jake :o :rolleyes:

Maybe the man walking away is there to symbolize a nice bit of arse! The rest of the things in the picture seem to have been chosen as things Morrissey likes/stands for...so why not:blushing: I have to say, it's not a very subtle drawing and a bit crammed with information for my liking.
The one of Thom Yorke from Radiohead is good though.

Not sure how much I "like" it but it's very interesting and surely a conversation piece (especially on here). I think the collage style really suits the world of Morrissey.

But while Moz is getting grayer and more wrinkled he's not 60 yet!

Back
Top Bottom