An evening with Johnny Marr - captured live 14th June - FB (Smiths tunes).

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Johnny needs his own dedicated section perhaps?
Will leave this here as it's from last night - please move if not appropriate.
Features Smiths tunes.

From the 'evening of conversation with...'
Don't know how long it will remain up.
Thanks to Sophie for capturing it.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Will leave this here as it's from last night - please move if not appropriate.
Features Smiths tunes.

From the 'evening of conversation with...'
Don't know how long it will remain up.
Thanks to Sophie for capturing it.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks FWD, really enjoyed that.

Um... Surface, how does me simply saying I enjoyed FWD's posting of Johnny Marr videos make me a troll?? :confused:

I think that would make sense rather than random Johnny threads clogging up the General Discussion forum.

I am listening to the album now. It strikes me as pleasantly 80s so far. Some of it reminds me of the House of Love, if anyone remembers them - and I don't mean that as an insult.

It's a solid album with some highlights and some meh moments. Rise is a great opener, tracers spacey and uptempo, hi hello has been discussed to death already but it's good and probably the catchiest song and day in day out was a close second (this song did remind me of house of love circa days run away). Some songs were just ok like hey angel which was a fine rock song. New dominions was kind and irksome as it kept promising to come alive but didn't and just kinda steadily walked to the end. Bug was annoying even though the intro started off well. It's the song where I think the oasis comparison is accurate at least in the vocal. All in all though I think it his best solo album and for the most part his singing no loner feels like an issue to me

Back
Top Bottom