An album to sooth you

Bassist-In-A-Tutu

What would you pick?

You've been made redundant, and diagnosed with an incurable and rare bowl disease. Your doc misdiagnosed it and made it 100 time worse by prescribing the wrong pills. You have to have a gluten free diet, so can't eat bread, or piza or pasta, or drink beer any more. You have to give up smoking dope too. And your hands hurt so much (some weird part of the illness) you can hardly pick any thing up, or play the guitar, or make any stuff in in your metal work shop. You are unemployed and running out of cash - a couple of months and there'll be no money for the mortgage. And your marrage might be falling appart too. So you can't yeat your favourite foods, drink your fave drink, smoke your fave smoke, youre depressed. And all this in just 18 months.

What album do you choose? :confused:

That's really terrible...I just hope there will be some medication/therapy to heal you.

I'd recommend all the albums of Nick Drake.
His voice is really soothing and both lyrically and musically very rich and engaging.

What would you pick?

You've been made redundant, and diagnosed with an incurable and rare bowl disease. Your doc misdiagnosed it and made it 100 time worse by prescribing the wrong pills. You have to have a gluten free diet, so can't eat bread, or piza or pasta, or drink beer any more. You have to give up smoking dope too. And your hands hurt so much (some weird part of the illness) you can hardly pick any thing up, or play the guitar, or make any stuff in in your metal work shop. You are unemployed and running out of cash - a couple of months and there'll be no money for the mortgage. And your marrage might be falling appart too. So you can't yeat your favourite foods, drink your fave drink, smoke your fave smoke, youre depressed. And all this in just 18 months.

I'm very sorry for you.

I sincerely hope things improve and look up for you.

A great 'soothing' album is The Clientele 'The Violet Hour'. Dim the lights and stick it on before bedtime. 'The House Always Wins', the second last track is so beautiful it will send tingles up your spine.

I'd also say Camera Obscura 'Under Achievers Please Try Harder' has some soothing qualities.

Thanks chaps - I ws on a major downer last night :( Feeling a bit better today.

Codreanu - I'm downloading the mix tape you linked, I'll give it a go!

Meantime, I'm still stuck on Vauxhall and I

Well, back to the job hunting..... :o

Good luck, bassist! I had a couple of years like that and although it sucks while it's happening, afterwards you'll have the luxury of knowing that no matter what you'll never have to re-live that time again!

Also, a friend of mine was on that gluten-free diet and after about a year it cleared up. She can have gluten again as long as she doesn't go mad. Her GP recommended aloe vera juice, so you might want to check into that.

Oh my goodness! Someone I knew once was allergic to gluten, too, and was misdiagnosed on it for a long time that caused serious health problems. Slowly, but surely, by eliminating the gluten, it helped her out tremendously! She is functioning at almost 100% now. BTW - a lot of gluten free foods aren't that bad! Do a check for flax seed frozen waffles if you can find them in the UK - they are just as good as regular ones! :)

One of my own favorites to listen to when I need a pick me up is anything by Explosions in the Sky. They are all instrumental, but the music is so beautiful, it doesn't need lyrics!

What would you pick?

At the risk of getting banned, I'd consider the Grateful Dead. Nice soothing stuff, though a lot of people have an irrational hatred for the band.

Iron & Wine and Belle & Sebastian may also be good.

Also, as a bassist, Jaco Pastorius is always worth a listen. Not exactly soothing, but wow.

*snickers* :p

Lullatone

b000lq1.jpg

LULLATONE plays pajama pop pour vous - OUT NOW!

Our new CD full of music box melodies, vocals whispered in your ear, sinetones that sound like birds, tape hiss & analogue magic, a junior high school choir, a toy orchestra, and a soft bass drum beat made from the sound of a pillow is out now!

tracklist:
1 - good morning melody
2 - bedroom bossa band
3 - magical...
4 - pajama party pop
5 - sleepytime samba
6 - thoughts and clouds
7 - building castles in the sky
8 - floating away

330rv1.jpg

About Lullatone:
Lullatone makes cute music. We call it pajama pop.

Lullatone - Bedroom Bossa Band music video

Lullatone - Little Songs about Raindrops PV

Lullatone - Magical... live in Japan

yoshimicloudshirttd2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Glad to hear you feel better today and sorry about all these things going wrong. I don't know if I should say it or not because I don't want to give you standard answers, but... I believe that things happen for a reason, that you are not given anything that you can't handle. I don't know what the economy is like where you live or what opportunities there are but you have skills and are capable. Maybe working in a musical instrument shop or at a school or library would work for you. I've done these things and they paid the bills. With metalworking skills and music skills maybe you could teach a class. You don't need a teaching credential to teach a skill such as this at a college or alternative school where I live and it pays pretty well. Maybe a local organization that offers self-improvement classes would be worth looking into. If you have the patience many seniors need help learning basic computer skills. I don't know, these are the types of things that have worked for me. Don't be afraid to ask friend's advice and find someone you can talk to and really let it all out. It's okay that you feel down with all that's happening. In my experience things work out, but you have to make it happen.

You might consider going back to school or getting some kind of job training. this might give you enough benefits to pay your bills and also get you back on track. You would meet people and discover new opportunities. Sorry this is all happening and I hope you find something soon.

Hello kind people :) You have a wonderful dream :D

Like the lullatone - thanks for that, but too interesting to sooth! (I hope that makes sence)

I tried but I failed, and I'm still listeing to M pretty much exclusively - but at least I have cheered up for the moment any way.

Still job hunting. But next week I'm going to try something new. I'll let you know how I do!

Cheers

*snickers* :p

Lullatone

b000lq1.jpg

LULLATONE plays pajama pop pour vous - OUT NOW!

Our new CD full of music box melodies, vocals whispered in your ear, sinetones that sound like birds, tape hiss & analogue magic, a junior high school choir, a toy orchestra, and a soft bass drum beat made from the sound of a pillow is out now!

tracklist:
1 - good morning melody
2 - bedroom bossa band
3 - magical...
4 - pajama party pop
5 - sleepytime samba
6 - thoughts and clouds
7 - building castles in the sky
8 - floating away

330rv1.jpg

About Lullatone:
Lullatone makes cute music. We call it pajama pop.

Lullatone - Bedroom Bossa Band music video

Lullatone - Little Songs about Raindrops PV

Lullatone - Magical... live in Japan

yoshimicloudshirttd2.jpg

wow, wow
all that was awesome!
& not just cuz she's kind of dreamy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom