Amy Winehouse is dead

RIP

Clearly she was troubled, her lyrics on Back To Black made that obvious. Instead of support, she was offered fame and all of the good and bad that comes with that. When the support did come, it was too late - she had been consumed and become reliant upon drink and drugs. She had changed, I'm sure of it. Fame is a mask that eats at the face, and never has there been a truer case of this.

I feel sorry for her, I do. It's such a horrible waste of a talented and smart person. I felt sure she would come back someday and wow us all again - maybe having seen the light and bandaged herself, licked her wounds and made herself better. But I guess she was beyond repair.

Fame, fame, fatal fame.

Wow, a one-hit-wonder, drug addicted, horsefaced, transvestite-looking, contrived-retro-tabloid-fodder piece of shit overdosed and died.

Devastating. How will the world continue.

Now if only Rihanna would follow suit.

Wow, a one-hit-wonder, drug addicted, horsefaced, transvestite-looking, contrived-retro-tabloid-fodder piece of shit overdosed and died.

How cruel and how misguided are you? She is not a 'one-hit-wonder' at all. 'Back To Black' is an album that does not falter at all and contains a hell of a lot more emotion and talent than 99% of albums released between 2000-2010. Music is down to the individual, yes, but sometimes it is universally accepted when something special is made. That album was special and anyone with any ounce of understanding agrees.

Why would you choose to attack a woman, regardless of whether she has JUST DIED or not, for how she looks, too? Horse faced? Transvestite looking? It's easy to throw words about on a forum, but you are absolutely disgusting. Truly.

You're attention seeking, I know and I have bitten. But I feel a point needs to be made. You've made over 1200 posts on here and each and every one of them have confirmed that you are a Class A c***.

But you already know that, don't you...

Re: Amy Winehouse dead @ 27

She had a few songs I dug. "Love is a Losing Game" was a GREAT song.

Some of the others were pretty good too.

I remember seeing her on Letterman and buying her CD the next day because I found the performance pretty compelling.

She was a pretty annoying media spectacle shortly thereafter

But when I saw her on the Brit Awards I still found it impossible to keep my eyes (and ears) off her, and thought she'd have another triumph.

But, sadly, she had become pathetic and creepy.

Her she is with that total loser Pete Doherty playing with baby mice while on crack:

Disgusting.

So everyone stopped paying attention to her.

Except some hardcore fans came out in Belgrade to witness this pathetic display:

I guess the downfall will be fodder for a lame biopic someday.

Last edited by a moderator:

How cruel and how misguided are you? She is not a 'one-hit-wonder' at all. 'Back To Black' is an album that does not falter at all and contains a hell of a lot more emotion and talent than 99% of albums released between 2000-2010. Music is down to the individual, yes, but sometimes it is universally accepted when something special is made. That album was special and anyone with any ounce of understanding agrees.

Why would you choose to attack a woman, regardless of whether she has JUST DIED or not, for how she looks, too? Horse faced? Transvestite looking? It's easy to throw words about on a forum, but you are absolutely disgusting. Truly.

You're attention seeking, I know and I have bitten. But I feel a point needs to be made. You've made over 1200 posts on here and each and every one of them have confirmed that you are a Class A c***.

But you already know that, don't you...

Alright, the first few times this attention-seeking accusation bullshit was lobbed at me, I ignored it.

Quickly, though...I am not an attention seeker...or if I am, I am no more guilty than anyone else here. I've followed Morrissey for a looooooong time. I've paid my dues. If I was interested merely in attention, I'd post a hell of a lot more often than I do, and I'd say all kinds of crazy shit. As it is, I think I'm pretty even-keeled...unless I'm drinking, which at the moment I am not (stress "moment"...)

This is a forum. A public forum about a public figure who throughout his entire career has defaulted to "attention seeking mode" when the sales weren't right, or even if they were. That any of his followers/apostles/fans/minions whatever would be any different is silly. At any rate, by virtue of feeling the need to join a web forum and post one's little thoughts and opinions about Morrissey...I mean, EVERYONE here is an attention seeker by virtue of being here. I don't say that as a bad thing or a good thing, just a thing. A fact.

But it's easy to call me an attention seeker, or crazy, or a "troll" (such a tired f***ing word) or whatever. Blah blah blah. It's easier to say those things than to address what I say. "Oh, pay him no mind, he's just seeking attention, we can automatically write off anything he says, since most of it's just drunken bullshit." Well, OK, whatever makes you guys happy. But I see through it.

As for Whorehouse, yeah, she made crap music and she looked like a man and a horse. I'm just stating a fact. It's all kitschy pastiche masturbatory bullshit. I'm not glad she's dead but I won't miss her, and she died through lowest common denominator drug-addict irresponsibility. Oh BOO f***ING HOO.

If you don't agree with me, fine. You won't find me reporting or flagging your post for calling me a "Class A c***" because a) There's no point, as I know the mods look the other way when people give me shit, because they don't like me either, and b) I can take it. I believe in free speech, even when it's aimed against me, and I don't mind being insulted...especially by people of lesser intelligence.

You see...many people on this board...not all of them, mind you, but many of them...they don't like me. And when I post it gets under their skin and they become very hateful. Either that or they completely ignore me...it's the ostrich mentality. They put their heads in the sand until I go away...

And that is how I reassure myself that I am doing the right thing. As Bukowski once said, "the crowd is always wrong." When you get the popular vote, you might as well pack it in.

She had great tits though, I'll give her that.

she died through lowest common denominator drug-addict irresponsibility. Oh BOO f***ING HOO. ...

As Bukowski once said, "the crowd is always wrong."

Did she really? Have you got psychic abilities that enables you you to pre-empt a post mortem?
Funny too how you quote another addict.

Very, very classy mate. I hope that makes you feel better about yourself.

I don't mind being insulted...especially by people of lesser intelligence.

You see...many people on this board...not all of them, mind you, but many of them...they don't like me. And when I post it gets under their skin and they become very hateful. Either that or they completely ignore me...it's the ostrich mentality. They put their heads in the sand until I go away...

And that is how I reassure myself that I am doing the right thing. As Bukowski once said, "the crowd is always wrong." When you get the popular vote, you might as well pack it in.

:laughing:

Must be dark up there. And smelly.

What a sad individual you are for posting this. I think you need help.

My mom thought she was hysterical using 'rehab' as a ringtone for her older sis. She ended up having to do a stint in rehab herself last year. I never liked Winehouse music. People tended to recommend her by claiming the first 10 ten times you wanted to chuck it out the window but afterwards she was addicting.
It's sad she died though.

Drug addiction is a tragedy. Some do it like my aunt and Miss Winehouse to self medicate manic depressive disorder. Others do it to party. My mom fell in the group of being prescribed addicting painkillers. It can get you so many ways.

I think the weirdest story I'd read was Elizabeth Wurtzel [author of Prozac Nation] who became a drug addict because people gave you more sympathy than you did for simple depression.

This was out-of-the-blue, but not unexpected or shocking. Get involved with drugs, shit will happen.
I was in the pub when I heard about her death, and I felt sick to my stomach.
It's sad when anyone dies, but it's hard to feel bad for someone who basically killed themselves.

I have spent the last 2 hours working with Down's Syndrome people who were excited beyond belief to be able to do "their own shopping" in the local Tesco. This puts the death of a drug addict in perspective.

What about the people who are there for doing whippets?
I knew someone who worked at the local center for people in town. A lot of people made themselves retarded doing drugs.

If anything that only points out further tragedy for drug addicts.

I work in a jail and it certainly doesn't put things into perspective to me. I think it only further makes peoples lives suck so they do more drugs.

She's really back to black, now. Black ashes and charcoal, that is!!

wow, you really have your finger on the pulse.
What happened there?

A 3 page thread for Amy Winehouse who couldn't handle a Friday night on the sniff, pills and special K, but nothing for an absolute travesty of a crime where kids who caused no harm were killed. In the name of right-wing extremisim

So-low indeed

Alright, the first few times this attention-seeking accusation bullshit was lobbed at me, I ignored it.

Quickly, though...I am not an attention seeker...or if I am, I am no more guilty than anyone else here. I've followed Morrissey for a looooooong time. I've paid my dues. If I was interested merely in attention, I'd post a hell of a lot more often than I do, and I'd say all kinds of crazy shit. As it is, I think I'm pretty even-keeled...unless I'm drinking, which at the moment I am not (stress "moment"...)

So says someone with 1,215 posts in 3 months.

amy-winehouse-before.jpg

On the right, it looked like Amy had a future ahead of her. She looked so healthy, pretty, and had the curves on her. Then, the left, the drugs made her look all pale, frail, and caused her to lose all that weight, which is scary.

amy-winehouse-before.jpg

On the right, it looked like Amy had a future ahead of her. She looked so healthy, pretty, and had the curves on her. Then, the left, the drugs made her look all pale, frail, and caused her to lose all that weight, which is scary.

She had a healthy set on her in the photo on the right.
I might go on the smack for a year if it helps with weight loss this dramatically.

A 3 page thread for Amy Winehouse who couldn't handle a Friday night on the sniff, pills and special K, but nothing for an absolute travesty of a crime where kids who caused no harm were killed. In the name of right-wing extremisim

And the Norway tragedy pales into insignificance compared to what's happening in Africa.If you felt so strongly,perhaps better to start a thread rather than come on this one ?