Americans are 'most attractive' people in the world, poll finds

I am a Ghost

Americans are the most attractive looking people in the world, according to a new survey.

Published: 10:00PM GMT 16 Feb 2010

The United States, home to George Clooney and Jessica Simpson, came top in a poll of more than 5,000 globe-trotting Britons.

In second place was Brazil while Spain, which boasts Hollywood actress Penelope Cruz as one of its natives, was third.

Blonde, tanned surfers of Australia saw it voted into fourth place, while Italy came fifth.

Sexy Swedes, such as model Victoria Silvstedt, helped it into sixth spot, but England only made it into seventh place in the poll.

India was eighth, France ninth, and Canada finished off the top 10.

England's neighbours didn't fare so well in the poll though as Wales only made it in at number 13, Ireland was at 16, and Scotland was a measly 19th.

A spokeswoman for www.OnePoll.com, which carried out the study, said: ''America has got a lot on offer and boasts some of the sexiest people on the planet.

''The likes of Jessica Alba, Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt all help America's image as a hot bed of good looking people.

''But with a population of more than 300 million, they do have an unfair advantage."

She added: ''England's talent only got them into seventh place and despite Gerard Butler waving the flag for Scotland, they only just beat the Germans.

''But in fairness, when you think of good looking countries, Sweden, Italy, France and Brazil talent all spring to mind before us lazy, pale Brits.

''If you're looking for some fun in the sun, you now know where to head on holiday.''

Other countries to feature in the top 20 include Portugal, Japan and Netherlands.

Germany completed the top 20.

Top 20 'best looking nations'

1. America

2. Brazil

3. Spain

4. Australia

5. Italy

6. Sweden

7. England

8. India

9. France

10. Canada

11. Mexico

12. Portugal

13. Wales

14. Russia

15. Japan

16. Ireland

17. Argentina

18. Netherlands

19. Scotland

20. Germany

Trufax.

and what accent are we talking about here? i don't think i have one....

you have a silly accent, but i find it charming.

I've seen quite a few handsome Brits, male and female, so I disagree! And I find The French to be quite beautiful as well.

How can America come in first? Only native americans could really qualify, as the rest of us are all mixed up! For example: I'm English, Dutch, and Native American. So, who would I thank for my stunning good looks? (JOKING!!!!) :thumb::lbf:

Ghostie, you should have qualified it with "according to a small poll of British travellers" or some such thang.

I find British people exceptionally attractive, generally speaking. Must be the sexy accents and quality footwear...

Argentina has a lot of good-looking people too, though they're not nearly as charming, funny, intelligent and nice as the Brits (again, speaking in sweeping generalities). Canada has loads of good-looking & smart people, and they're not quite as angst-ridden as the British.

Ireland - Dublin in particular - has way too many cute people, especially women. It's actually kind of depressing, and made me think about getting a nose job for the first time in my life.

The United States, home to George Clooney and Jessica Simpson,

:confused:

Um, that's kinda like saying "Europe, home of David Beckham and Mussolini..."

Blonde, tanned surfers of Australia saw it voted into fourth place, while Italy came fifth. Sexy Swedes, sixth.

England's neighbour Wales only made it in at number 13, Ireland was at 16, and Scotland was a measly 19th.

Xenophobia! Xenophobia! Ooh, ooh, teacher, teacher, xenophobiaaaa!!!!! :drama:

Ghostie, you should have qualified it with "according to a small poll of British travellers" or some such thang.

I was lazy. :(

I find British people exceptionally attractive, generally speaking. Must be the sexy accents and quality footwear...

Argentina has a lot of good-looking people too, though they're not nearly as charming, funny, intelligent and nice as the Brits (again, speaking in sweeping generalities). Canada has loads of good-looking & smart people, and they're not quite as angst-ridden as the British.

Ireland - Dublin in particular - has way too many cute people, especially women. It's actually kind of depressing, and made me think about getting a nose job for the first time in my life.

The cute ones you saw were probably all Eastern European immigrants. :lbf:

I think the Aussie women are the sexiest.

The cute ones you saw were probably all Eastern European immigrants. :lbf:

No, this was before the Polish invasion. They was definitely Oirish women with perfect, straight noses, lovely hair and distressingly fine complexions.

Re: Irish

No, this was before the Polish invasion. They was definitely Oirish women with perfect, straight noses, lovely hair and distressingly fine complexions.

I remember meeting an Irish woman at my college who was sent by the examining body of a professional qualification.
She was a spitting image of Sinead O'Connor without foul language.

Last edited:

Must be all the rain.

I remember meeting an Irish woman at my college who was sent by the examining body of a professional qualification.
She was a spitting image of Sinead O'Connor without foul language.

Was she a slaphead too?

Re: Sinead lookalike

Was she a slaphead too?

Nope, she had a simlar hair style of this Natalie Portman photo, slightly shorter.
natalie-portman-2.jpg

I'm an American and I disagree. All single UK lads email me and I'll explain further ;)

Tags
except for you well duh
Back
Top Bottom