American tour; great news for his American fans but...

Maurice E

presumably it means that it'll take much longer to get on with the new album?
The year after Quarry (2005) he went to Rome and started recording in late summer but he obviously can't follow that pattern if he goes out on tour.
Would be good if he's already started work on new songs and is willing to road-test a few on tour (kinda like he did in 2002)...

Very true. Can't wait for the new cd to come out.

Why? 40 dates beginning April 27th means that the tour will be over by the end of June. Still plenty of time left to start recording in late Summer.

Yeah, good point. But I think Moz does things slower in his old age! Plus there are rumours of festival appearances...

For some of the people on this board the lack of a new album would be a blessing based on some posts round here.

I'd be very surprised if there's no new album in 2008 though.

It would be interesting if Morrissey recorded some of the new material while on the road. He could do something in the similar vein of R.E.M's "New Adventures In Hi-F", and put out an album combining some tracks recorded in studio and others while on tour.

It would be interesting if Morrissey recorded some of the new material while on the road. He could do something in the similar vein of R.E.M's "New Adventures In Hi-F", and put out an album combining some tracks recorded in studio and others while on tour.

Hey, nice idea, I hadn't thought of that! :o

What are the odds that Moz could get Patti Smith to guest on his record? :D

well if he just went straight to tour North America and skip the UK/Europe altogether, then the new album would have come sooner. I mean really, simply because you already saw him...you are selfish. :eek:

Hey, nice idea, I hadn't thought of that! :o

What are the odds that Moz could get Patti Smith to guest on his record? :D

Hey, it could happen!

The beauty of recording new material on the road is that your being fed on a constant diet of inspiration, and it usually shows itself on the record. Most of the good stuff that made it onto Quarry was originally recorded when he didn't have a record deal and was just making music because he wanted to, so one could argue that Morrissey works best when he's free of studio restraints. Also, some of the criticism (not necessarily mine) of "Ringleader" was that it was too "polished" in the production department, so perhaps an album mostly made up of recordings on the road would sound more raw and immediate.

Anyway, just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom