American guns strike again

It's very unfair that only one British person expressed her view towards the States why Britain is criticized?

tmyem! expressed his compassion and disapproval of the original poster's view, the most of the people in UK are very sympathatic towards the victims and the nation as a whole.

It sounds irrelevant, but I have very mixed feeling with the States because the area where I'm from has the largest US Army presence in the country and I'm very much in doubt that I will see the entire withdrawal of the US Army in my lifetime.
People in the area are often suffering from all sorts of problems relating to the US Army, however, we're powerless to deal with those issues because of the useless government which ignoring us.

the useless JAPANESE GOVERNMENT
which is in cahoots with the USELESS AMERICAN GOVERNMENT
which is controlled by who?
no one i know sister :cool:
&
by the way
jarheads(thats marines) murder and rape far less people in okinawa than they do anywhere else we put them :o
including stateside :eek:

It's very unfair that only one British person expressed her view towards the States why Britain is criticized?

tmyem! expressed his compassion and disapproval of the original poster's view, the most of the people in UK are very sympathatic towards the victims and the nation as a whole.

It sounds irrelevant, but I have very mixed feeling with the States because the area where I'm from has the largest US Army presence in the country and I'm very much in doubt that I will see the entire withdrawal of the US Army in my lifetime.
People in the area are often suffering from all sorts of problems relating to the US Army, however, we're powerless to deal with those issues because of the useless government which ignoring us.

It might just be one person in this thread but come on, Kewpie, you of all people know how to pull those old threads ;) and see that this is not the first time. I don't put down the people of Britain, but only this superior mentality that I find a measurable if not significant percentage of people feel towards the US. The US is bashed on this site regularly, and it's almost taken for granted by some that Americans are inferior. This is a perfect example. I respond to this person's viewpoints and I am the bad guy. Even when saying I am wrong you make statements against the US. Why is there a US military presence in Japan in the first place? I mean it's been quite a while since our countries were adversaries, but it isn't as if the US just decided one day to go build military bases in Japan.

Yes, the behavior of some US soldiers has been reprehensible. I don't justify or qualify that at all. I just feel that the US, having the majority of the power, is the easiest to blame, and I don't go for it.

Why is there a US military presence in Japan in the first place?
good question
the specific reason for a US presence in Okinawa has more to do with JAPAN
than it does the U.S.A.
& as to the massive U.S. Air Force presence outside of Tokyo
that is a function of facilatating troop transfers in and out of the Korean peninsula
which, of course are all a part of long standing VOLUNTARY AGREEMENTS BETWEEN
the governments of South Korea, Japan and the United States
AND AS A MATTER OF FACT
these countries other than the USA have a much larger control over their nation's policies when it comes to matters of the 'military' then we do here in the states since WW2
SEE, WE HERE IN THE USA
frequently sacrifice our freedom to keep places like Japan, South Korea and Taiwan safe from 'supposed Chinese invasion'
which i may not believe will ever happen
BUT BELIEVE ME
the people that decide foreign policy in those countries beg to differ :cool:

however the avalability of guns is hardly passive.

Anyway i think its about time america banned guns!

from my cold, dead hands
planet-apes2.jpg

you dirty ape!

what happened today was f***ing awful. this could happen anywhere, the UK or the US. doesnt matter. but maybe now it'll start putting things into perspective and we'll stop hearing about dumb shit like the anna nicole saga and the don imus nonsense...

"seems so unfair...I want to cry..."

The fact that you are not allowed to own weapons doesn't make you superior, in fact the opposite, in my opinion. I've owned guns since I was 9 or 10 years old and went shooting regularly when I was younger, and I've never shot anyone yet. Knock on wood, but in my life, because I am responsible for my own actions, and because I don't go shooting with careless idiots like Dick Cheney, I've only experienced fun in all the times I have shot a weapon.

The main difference is cultural, the right to bear arms is an alien concept in the UK so when a tragedy like this happens it seems obvious to (most of) us that the problem lies with lax gun laws.

I do not think the UK is superior.

I'm just glad it's not full of nutters with guns, because the US is.

I know you're not all nutters, but the nutters do have guns.

In Virginia, where yesterday's mass murder took place, it is possible to go to a gun show and buy as many guns as you want without ID.
There are more guns than people in the US.
CAN'T YOU SEE THE PROBLEM!!!!!??????

Here in Manchester, England, I wouldn't know where to buy a gun. I'm sure I could if I was a criminal or wanted to take up hunting. But the point is it isn't part of normal life and the restrictions are many for legal guns.
Most of our nutters, if they want to attack people, would run around with a knife or the leg of a chair. Not nice but much less dangerous.

It's not about thinking we are superior. But you appear to be ignoring the facts, and are simply attacking me.

But we all know what will happen. The media will be outraged for a while, some people will call for stronger gun laws, some people will say that the students would have survived if they all had guns too so remove all gun laws.
And in a few weeks it will be old news. And some time in the future it will happen again... and again.... and again.

And in the meantime you will all keep watching your films (movies) where guns are the main star. Guns and murder and murder and guns. You love it - so stop bleating when it kicks you up the arse (ass)

Don't be smug. Gun crime in Britain is rising along with the drug problem. It's all over the news.

Correct, I once read somewhere that Britain's culture is 20 years behind America but heading in the same direction. USA, the great land of the free, free to shoot whoever you want! I hope we don't come to that, puts a chill up the spine.

It might just be one person in this thread but come on, Kewpie, you of all people know how to pull those old threads ;) and see that this is not the first time. I don't put down the people of Britain, but only this superior mentality that I find a measurable if not significant percentage of people feel towards the US. The US is bashed on this site regularly, and it's almost taken for granted by some that Americans are inferior. This is a perfect example. I respond to this person's viewpoints and I am the bad guy. Even when saying I am wrong you make statements against the US. Why is there a US military presence in Japan in the first place? I mean it's been quite a while since our countries were adversaries, but it isn't as if the US just decided one day to go build military bases in Japan.

Yes, the behavior of some US soldiers has been reprehensible. I don't justify or qualify that at all. I just feel that the US, having the majority of the power, is the easiest to blame, and I don't go for it.

I don't think I'm superior to anyone, wherever they are from. All the Amercans I have met are charming, friendly and extremely loving towards the English. The problem is we cannot understand why your Government is obsessed with policing the world by force. You cannot fight fire with fire. Look at Iraq for example, and it sickens me to watch Tony Blair following in Bush's footsteps like some humble servant. Don't get me wrong, there are more things wrong with this county than I have time to tell you about but we do not allow people to carry guns.

It's not about thinking we are superior. But you appear to be ignoring the facts, and are simply attacking me.

And in the meantime you will all keep watching your films (movies) where guns are the main star. Guns and murder and murder and guns. You love it - so stop bleating when it kicks you up the arse (ass)

We don't all watch those movies, either, because most of them just plain suck. And who's attacking whom? And we weren't bleating, you started this thread.

however the avalability of guns is hardly passive.

Anyway i think its about time america banned guns!

As WinkWink said, banning assault weapons is a great idea and should have already happened. As Robby pointed out, however, the right to own guns is a basic tenet of our system. US culture was for a long time a frontier society, and like it or not, those values remain fixed. You'll see legalized marijuana and gay marriage before you ever see guns banned here. That's reality. BTW, I come from a family in which nobody keeps guns in the home, but we're just a bunch of marginal Yankee eccentrics. :rolleyes:

They should've been out years ago, yes, but unfortunately neither the U.S. nor Japanese people have their governments sufficiently under control! But that's geopolitics. Didn't know you were from Okinawa. I'm going to Japan next year (not in uniform!). May I ask you some questions?

Correct, I once read somewhere that Britain's culture is 20 years behind America but heading in the same direction. USA, the great land of the free, free to shoot whoever you want! I hope we don't come to that, puts a chill up the spine.

Yes, I hope not, either. I've both lived in Britain and visited frequently, it's my second home. It has changed so much in the past 20 years, and I'm saddened by the ways in which the worst parts of American culture have infiltrated it. The thing I miss the most was being able to walk around central London alone all hours of the day and night without any worries for my personal safety. That, and the red busses. :o

That, and the red busses. :o

we still have red buses but not the route masters, which were the ones with the conductors and where you could jump on and off.

on the subject.....you have guns, you gonna have people who are sick and will use them just to kill people.... this isn't just in the USA, but it is global.

on the subject.....you have guns, you gonna have people who are sick and will use them just to kill people.... this isn't just in the USA, but it is global.

There's always a risk. The sick people will use something else if they don't have a gun. But on the other hand, maybe less people will get killed with less deadly weapons?

You would have to weigh pros and cons. I'd feel safer if I had a gun when everyone else has a gun. But I'd probably feel safest if no one, including me, didn't have it.

Just for the record, when our US cousins talk about 'assault' weapons or 'automatic' guns, or 9mm etc., I have no idea what the difference is, and I don't really care.
A gun is a gun, if you point it at someone and pull the trigger you might kill them.

I don't know how any weapon cannot be described as an 'assault' weapon, seems to me that you can assault someone with any gun. Do some guns only work when in self-defence?

An 'automatic'? Do you just tell it the name of the person you want to kill and it finds them itself and pulls its own trigger?

And has 9mm something to do with the width of the user's brain or the length of the penis he is compensating for by owning the gun?

In other words I find that some Americans know more basic facts about guns than they do about the world they are part of.
I bet some of you here could answer my gun questions but have no idea where to find Greece or Thailand on a map.
There's a great quote that says God invented war to help Americans learn geography.
If you've not bombed it you don't know where it is.
Even if you have bombed it you probably still don't know where it is.

I hope my comments do not appear racist or anti-American. I am simply angry at a country that spills its guts all over itself and others whilst claiming to be the greatest democracy.

Your modern culture stinks. Your government stinks. Your foreign policy stinks. Your domestic policy stinks. You are obsessed with and brim full of guns AND YOU LOVE IT. If you're not shooting your family or neighbours or some foreigners you are watching 'shoot 'em up' films on tv or at the cinema (movies).
Your kids' bellies are full of sugar and meat and their heads are full of bad music and rap that aspires to have 'a gold chain but no brian'.
I'm sure some of you guys reading this are kind and have read a book or two. Well done.
And I know I have generalised to an extreme point, but pussyfooting around this subject gets no reaction.

i thought this incident was funny as hell, i was told it didnt really happen, so im believing it everyone knows usa is the safest country in da world.

Just for the record, when our US cousins talk about 'assault' weapons or 'automatic' guns, or 9mm etc., I have no idea what the difference is, and I don't really care.
A gun is a gun, if you point it at someone and pull the trigger you might kill them.

I don't know how any weapon cannot be described as an 'assault' weapon, seems to me that you can assault someone with any gun. Do some guns only work when in self-defence?

An 'automatic'? Do you just tell it the name of the person you want to kill and it finds them itself and pulls its own trigger?

And has 9mm something to do with the width of the user's brain or the length of the penis he is compensating for by owning the gun?

In other words I find that some Americans know more basic facts about guns than they do about the world they are part of.
I bet some of you here could answer my gun questions but have no idea where to find Greece or Thailand on a map.
There's a great quote that says God invented war to help Americans learn geography.
If you've not bombed it you don't know where it is.
Even if you have bombed it you probably still don't know where it is.

I hope my comments do not appear racist or anti-American. I am simply angry at a country that spills its guts all over itself and others whilst claiming to be the greatest democracy.

Your modern culture stinks. Your government stinks. Your foreign policy stinks. Your domestic policy stinks. You are obsessed with and brim full of guns AND YOU LOVE IT. If you're not shooting your family or neighbours or some foreigners you are watching 'shoot 'em up' films on tv or at the cinema (movies).
Your kids' bellies are full of sugar and meat and their heads are full of bad music and rap that aspires to have 'a gold chain but no brian'.
I'm sure some of you guys reading this are kind and have read a book or two. Well done.
And I know I have generalised to an extreme point, but pussyfooting around this subject gets no reaction.

You're hilarious! :D Here's generalization for you: if we eat so much sugar, then why do y'all have worse teeth?:eek:

Back
Top Bottom