American guns strike again

gertrude

Banned
Another American educational establishment gets the gun treatment.

I'm not a big fan of our UK government right now, but thank God I was born in England.
We don't love guns.

Nutters.

Blithely stereotyping a nation of 300 million people. What a kind and sympathetic response to today's news.

why we need our guns
thebritish.jpg

cuz you never know...

Don't be smug. Gun crime in Britain is rising along with the drug problem. It's all over the news.

Yes, gun crime is bad news here in the UK. But guns are not a way of life for all citizens (subjects) of this country.

Whereas in the good old USA you'll find guns in the hands of millions of them, milkmen, grocers, teachers, taxi drivers, clowns, tv presenters, singers, dancers, candlestick makers.. etc. Young and old.
So it's no wonder they're either shooting each other or killing our boys with 'friendly fire'.

Gun mad they are. Boom boom boom. Bang bang bang.

Nearly every single film (movie) I see advertised from America is full of guns and murders and bangs and booms.
Heroes for this nation are cowboys and revenge takers.

And this latest tragedy will be followed by another and another, each time more bloody.
And if they don't shoot the nutty gunman on the spot they electrocute him after a trial, or inject him with poison after a few years in a brutal prison system.
Then they'll make a 'blockbuster' film (movie) all about it to feed the gun lust.

You know where you can shove your guns!

Yes, gun crime is bad news here in the UK. But guns are not a way of life for all citizens (subjects) of this country.

Whereas in the good old USA you'll find guns in the hands of millions of them, milkmen, grocers, teachers, taxi drivers, clowns, tv presenters, singers, dancers, candlestick makers.. etc. Young and old.
So it's no wonder they're either shooting each other or killing our boys with 'friendly fire'.

Gun mad they are. Boom boom boom. Bang bang bang.

Nearly every single film (movie) I see advertised from America is full of guns and murders and bangs and booms.
Heroes for this nation are cowboys and revenge takers.

And this latest tragedy will be followed by another and another, each time more bloody.
And if they don't shoot the nutty gunman on the spot they electrocute him after a trial, or inject him with poison after a few years in a brutal prison system.
Then they'll make a 'blockbuster' film (movie) all about it to feed the gun lust.

You know where you can shove your guns!

it happens in the UK too, Dunblane massacre in 1996, Hungerford massacre in 1987

you shouldn't mock a nation or the users here through the murder of 21 people.

an individual choose, because of mental illness to kill these poor unfortunate souls. May be this thread could be used to send condolences
to their families and friends.

How nice of you, dear gertrude, to use the death of others to make your own uneccessary, tactless point.

It's a sad thing, and my condolences to the families.

How nice of you, dear gertrude, to use the death of others to make your own uneccessary, tactless point.

It's a sad thing, and my condolences to the families.

Tactless, perhaps.
Unnecessary, doubtfull.
Nice, unnecessary.

Perhaps you guys should get angry about this more often - and do something about your rotten system.

As for condolences, I doubt many of the families involved are checking this website for reaction right now. If ever.

If no one is looking, then your post about changing our "rotten system" is as useless as mine. I fear, though, that mine is a slight bit more tasteful than yours.

As for condolences, I doubt many of the families involved are checking this website for reaction right now. If ever.

that isn't the point really......its called "compassion".

i live in london btw

Compassion here and now is meaningless, pointless and is about your own self-image.

But you do have my deepest sympathy for living in London.

ok gertie...... your coming across as pointless, i won't bother with this thread again.

If you wish to generalize, UK isn't the safest, most peaceful country in the world either. I live outside UK but if I was to make judgements upon the news I receive, I'd say UK has a grave problem with anti-social behavior and with teenagers stabbing other teenagers to death most every day you can't really claim, with absolute certainty, that with all this agression going on, something similar just can't happen there as well. I'd say that, with all that's going on, UK has been pretty lucky so far and I sincerely hope it stays that way for the good of all.

As for these Virginia shootings, several dozen innocent people died in horror today and your comments on what happened are pretty tasteless. Show some respect.

about the shootings
i've spent some time in Virginia
and i can guarantee you that even in the wake of these shootings
THOSE PEOPLE LOVE THEIR GUNS!
and they would come out in droves solely to vote to defeat ANY MEASURE that they think restricts their right to bear arms
AND ANYBODY TRYING TO TAKE AWAY THEIR GUNS BETTER WATCH OUT!
cuz they armed to the teeth(frequently, though not always, know how to use them) and aint afraid to use em
granted, i luv guns as much as most americans do
m16.jpg

but not even i really do not understand all of this since i am not crazy or from the south
but I KNOW ITS TRUE
and its just one more reason i am happy to be in
GGB_12-02_740.jpg

Proud gun owners and Second Amendment enthusiasts are not the same thing as maniacs who kill at the drop of a hat. The shootings don't reflect the culture as a whole, either in Virginia or in the United States. I can only assume you know this, Robby, since you wryly pointed out that a much larger and infinitely more influential population center in the United States is not full of gun-lovers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom