'Ambitious Outsiders' Gig in Leeds Friday 2nd May

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Due to a cancellation, the Morrissey tribute band 'Ambitious Outsiders' have been asked to play at:
Josephs Well - Leeds

£4 Entry

More details such as directions etc to follow or look here
www.myspace.com/morrisseytributeband

The band will be making a return to Manchester on 15th May at TV21. Details on the website above as well as gigs in Glasgow, Grantham and Hartlepool.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Can we have a minibus again Phill?! ;)

Well it is the same night as the May S'n'G so it could be a case of hiring a people carrier / minibus depending on numbers, watching the gig and then legging it back* over t' Peninnes to the S'n'G before the doors close.

*Having 9 points on my licence, I shall be legging it back but within the speed limit, of course;)

Jukebox Jury

Well it is the same night as the May S'n'G so it could be a case of hiring a people carrier / minibus depending on numbers, watching the gig and then legging it back* over t' Peninnes to the S'n'G before the doors close.

*Having 9 points on my licence, I shall be legging it back but within the speed limit, of course;)

Jukebox Jury

JJ, if you get a minibus together can you come pick me up in Philadelphia? What time shall I be ready? :D

Due to a cancellation, the Morrissey tribute band 'Ambitious Outsiders' have been asked to play at:

wow....they did cancel! that is some tribute.....just like the roundhouse.

To quote a genius, "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore". :rolleyes:

It wasn't funny to begin with:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Agreed JJ. :rolleyes:

Hopefully certain people can finally PUT IT TO REST. ;)

Why are 'Morrissey' fans so desperate for entertainment that they want to pay good money to watch what looks like Paul Heaton on helium, impersonating his master’s voice!

‘Paul’ before you troll the site again and want to tell me off and make some useless threat about not being anonymous any more, I can say what I like and criticize Morrissey or the ‘ambitious outsiders’. If you don’t like it, may be you should ask for it not to advertised here.

Also, I don’t care about the front page and your previous username that was banned and people pretending to be you, it really doesn’t interest me!

I'm guessing for this band you would just need a mini, not a bus or even a car that could seat six.

On what basis do you present your statement? Envy?
The fact that the request for a minibus said ''again'' should have been a clue. Last time there was 11 of us in a 9 seater, so stick that where the sun doesn't shine.

Jukebox Jury

Why are 'Morrissey' fans so desperate for entertainment that they want to pay good money to watch what looks like Paul Heaton on helium, impersonating his master’s voice!

‘Paul’ before you troll the site again and want to tell me off and make some useless threat about not being anonymous any more, I can say what I like and criticize Morrissey or the ‘ambitious outsiders’. If you don’t like it, may be you should ask for it not to advertised here.

I didn't realise I needed your approval as to how I spent my money or for you to approve what kind of entertainment I can watch?

As for the small print, yes you can criticise Morrissey or Ambitious Outsiders. However, have you seen AO yourself? If not, how can you have a pop at them? (dont base your theory on what you may have seen / heard on the myspace page, they replicate Morrissey live rather than in the studio). So come along and see for yourself, or is it just easier to sit behind a keyboard and attack?

Constructive criticism is always welcome, petty sniping and snidey comments are unhelpful. But then some people hate it when their internet friends become successful.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
I didn't realise I needed your approval as to how I spent my money or for you to approve what kind of entertainment I can watch?
no, but i can mock it!

As for the small print, yes you can criticise Morrissey or Ambitious Outsiders. ?
I didn't realise I needed your approval;)

However, have you seen AO yourself? If not, how can you have a pop at them? (dont base your theory on what you may have seen / heard on the myspace page, they replicate Morrissey live rather than in the studio). So come along and see for yourself, or is it just easier to sit behind a keyboard and attack?

no i haven't and from what i've heard and seen i don't want to or was very interested in the first place. I wouldn't go that far or pay that money to see a real popstar let alone a fake one in some pub!

yes, it is easier....as it's break time:)

Constructive criticism is always welcome, petty sniping and snidey comments are unhelpful.

saying he doesn't sound/look like morrissey is pretty constructive as they are a tribute to emmmmm "morrissey"!

But then some people hate it when their internet friends become successful.

internet friends:confused:

no, but i can mock it!

I didn't realise I needed your approval;)

no i haven't and from what i've heard and seen i don't want to or was very interested in the first place. I wouldn't go that far or pay that money to see a real popstar let alone a fake one in some pub!

yes, it is easier....as it's break time:)

saying he doesn't sound/look like morrissey is pretty constructive as they are a tribute to emmmmm "morrissey"!

internet friends:confused:
So you admit to not having seen the band (or indeed wish to see them) yet you feel free to comment on how the singer sounds:confused:
As I said, having heard the recordings on the myspace page and seen the band live, the live version (which is what the event is, a live gig) is (in my opinion) the bar to judge the singer and his voice.

However, as has become clear recently with HIM and Chareth c***sworthy or whatever his name is, this is not worth the bother in answering as you always have a smart alec answer to whatever is posted. You may have another agenda here, but I dont (you say you have no interest in the band but are very eager to post comments on threads concerning the band:confused:). Well whether you have an agenda or not, I shall not find out as you will now join the two above mentioned individuals on my ignore list. So all I can add is 'Adios'.

Jukebox Jury

So you admit to not having seen the band (or indeed wish to see them) yet you feel free to comment on how the singer sounds:confused:
As I said, having heard the recordings on the myspace page and seen the band live, the live version (which is what the event is, a live gig) is (in my opinion) the bar to judge the singer and his voice.

However, as has become clear recently with HIM and Chareth c***sworthy or whatever his name is, this is not worth the bother in answering as you always have a smart alec answer to whatever is posted. You may have another agenda here, but I dont (you say you have no interest in the band but are very eager to post comments on threads concerning the band:confused:). Well whether you have an agenda or not, I shall not find out as you will now join the two above mentioned individuals on my ignore list. So all I can add is 'Adios'.

Jukebox Jury

This Cornelious Blaze obviously has a massive obsession with Paul and Ambitious Outsiders, as everytime it's mentioned he can't help himself, but to chime in. Mr. Blaze, if you don't like Paul or AO, FINE...we DON'T CARE. The people on this site are fully capable of coming to their own conclusions about Paul's singing AND the band AND who they want to spend their money on. Please get another hobby, your comments are boring the skin off us. :rolleyes:

I'll try to get along and make my own mind up.

I think it's always interesting to hear Smiths/Moz songs played live - regardless of who is 'doing' them.

(I must fall into the 'desperate' category, then.)

JJ - no need of the bus/car, as I'll be travelling from Castleford.

All the best....

Oscar

I'll try to get along and make my own mind up.

I think it's always interesting to hear Smiths/Moz songs played live - regardless of who is 'doing' them.

(I must fall into the 'desperate' category, then.)

JJ - no need of the bus/car, as I'll be travelling from Castleford.

All the best....

Oscar

Nice one Oscar, see you there:)

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom