Amazing Cover of This Charming Man

The thread title is an oxymoron...therefore, I didn't bother with the link.

It's quite sooo far from amazing.
I couldn't help closing the video window.

The title of this thread should've been "Singing in the mess".

This is a live video and recording and sometimes making music is more important then putting away the dishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get over yourse;lf and give it a fair listen

I did, and I didn't like it. That's what happens when you put music 'out there' - some people will like it, others will not, but listeners will get really turned off if you try to tell them how to respond.

P.

This is a live video and recording and sometimes making music is more important then putting away the dishes.

Definitely kitchen sink drama in the video, perhaps of a different kind

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't like this at all. The girl has a pleasant enough voice technically, but it's not suited to the song - she's basically neutered This Charming Man and made it into some sort of slushy urban backing track. Completely emotionless. Like of a lot of Smiths covers it seems, the vocalist sounds like they don't understand the lyrics they're singing.

Didn't like this at all. The girl has a pleasant enough voice technically, but it's not suited to the song - she's basically neutered This Charming Man and made it into some sort of slushy urban backing track. Completely emotionless. Like of a lot of Smiths covers it seems, the vocalist sounds like they don't understand the lyrics they're singing.

You mean "This Charming Man" isn't about getting out da hood?

I would go out tonight but I haven't done the dishes for weeks

I suspect that quite a few others, as Morrissey is wont to do, will be put off by the "urban" beat unfortunately, but in any event, I think it's a decent re-imagining.

There's still a bit of disconnect. I know that "handsome" applies to women as well, but my brain associates it nearly exclusively as a male trait.

Oh, and...nice rack.

I suspect that quite a few others, as Morrissey is wont to do, will be put off by the "urban" beat unfortunately, but in any event, I think it's a decent re-imagining.

There's still a bit of disconnect. I know that "handsome" applies to women as well, but my brain associates it nearly exclusively as a male trait.

Oh, and...nice rack.

Should it get a commercial release?

Back
Top Bottom