Amazing Cover of This Charming Man

!Viva Hate!

๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿฟโ€๐Ÿฆฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ‘…๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘„๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿ™โšฑ๏ธโšฐ๏ธ๐Ÿ’‰๐Ÿงซ๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธโšง
The thread title is an oxymoron...therefore, I didn't bother with the link.

zamrish

This is a live video and recording and sometimes making music is more important then putting away the dishes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Get over yourse;lf and give it a fair listen
I did, and I didn't like it. That's what happens when you put music 'out there' - some people will like it, others will not, but listeners will get really turned off if you try to tell them how to respond.

P.

MORRIZSEY

Wrong species
This is a live video and recording and sometimes making music is more important then putting away the dishes.

Definitely kitchen sink drama in the video, perhaps of a different kind

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
Didn't like this at all. The girl has a pleasant enough voice technically, but it's not suited to the song - she's basically neutered This Charming Man and made it into some sort of slushy urban backing track. Completely emotionless. Like of a lot of Smiths covers it seems, the vocalist sounds like they don't understand the lyrics they're singing.

!Viva Hate!

๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿฟโ€๐Ÿฆฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ‘…๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘„๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿ™โšฑ๏ธโšฐ๏ธ๐Ÿ’‰๐Ÿงซ๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธโšง
Didn't like this at all. The girl has a pleasant enough voice technically, but it's not suited to the song - she's basically neutered This Charming Man and made it into some sort of slushy urban backing track. Completely emotionless. Like of a lot of Smiths covers it seems, the vocalist sounds like they don't understand the lyrics they're singing.
You mean "This Charming Man" isn't about getting out da hood?

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
A

Anonymous

I would go out tonight but I haven't done the dishes for weeks

Roy Keane

I suspect that quite a few others, as Morrissey is wont to do, will be put off by the "urban" beat unfortunately, but in any event, I think it's a decent re-imagining.

There's still a bit of disconnect. I know that "handsome" applies to women as well, but my brain associates it nearly exclusively as a male trait.

Oh, and...nice rack.

A

Anonymous

I suspect that quite a few others, as Morrissey is wont to do, will be put off by the "urban" beat unfortunately, but in any event, I think it's a decent re-imagining.

There's still a bit of disconnect. I know that "handsome" applies to women as well, but my brain associates it nearly exclusively as a male trait.

Oh, and...nice rack.
Should it get a commercial release?

Top Bottom