Alternative "Years Of Refusal" cover photo posted by @mrjakewalters / Instagram

On Jake's instagram:

42403_jake_walter_alternative_yor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reckon me love this. Reckon I know exactly where that is m8. The real Steve. Home in Malibu. A Mexican mariachi jacket. All he is missing is his breakfast bean and potato burrito from Los Panchos and his coffee from Caffe Luxxe.

That's just absurd. What is he meant to be? A trumpet-playing toreador, just passing by the beach? Jake doesn't have many misfires but I think this can be chalked up as one.

Morrissey's attempts to look "tough" simply do not work, ever.

It looks kind of like a 60's cover for a collection of mariachi versions of the hit parade. If that's what they were going for they nailed it. Morrissey could have been a model for stock photos.

'tis a nod & a wink to Herb Alpert, who Moz was big into at the time of "Years of Refusal".
The fonts used for the LP & singles were all inspired by Herb & his Tijuana Brass artworks ~

R-373490-1462872109-6294.jpeg.jpg

CS622989-01A-BIG.jpg

115558376.jpg

í am waiting for the Whipped Cream variant cover...

5304586.jpg

:brows:

26376_mozparissleeve1.jpg

The font was a nice change.
Regards,
FWD.

bit like LIHS, wouldn't have brought the tracks together as an album theme.. maybe world peace would have, bit more latin

Agree that it would have made a great cover for world peace. It’s a good photo and a nice tribute, didn’t know they were into that, but I’m glad they didn’t use it for yor

I’m probably the only one who thinks this could’ve been a good idea a YOR alternative cover , Morrissey looks stunning and powerful.

'tis a nod & a wink to Herb Alpert, who Moz was big into at the time of "Years of Refusal".
The fonts used for the LP & singles were all inspired by Herb & his Tijuana Brass artworks ~

R-373490-1462872109-6294.jpeg.jpg

CS622989-01A-BIG.jpg

115558376.jpg

í am waiting for the Whipped Cream variant cover...

5304586.jpg

:brows:

Nice spot. I love the Jake photo, it's all kinds of awesome. His portraits of M always bear the hallmark of a lovers touch. I can't think of a photographer in the last 20 years, probably not since Kevin Cummins that has consistently taken such great photos of the man.

Reckon me love this. Reckon I know exactly where that is m8. The real Steve. Home in Malibu. A Mexican mariachi jacket. All he is missing is his breakfast bean and potato burrito from Los Panchos and his coffee from Caffe Luxxe.
Reckon you need to learn the English language. Knob.

Reckon please Jake post some photos of the annual Sinatra/Morrissey family Christmas Malibu beach volleyball game, Steve at the Dodger games hangin' with Ice Cube, Snoopy Dog, and David Beck Ham, and with his third cousin from Ireland at the LA team kickball game. That would be top mental m8!

Reckon please Jake post some photos of the annual Sinatra/Morrissey family Christmas Malibu beach volleyball game, Steve at the Dodger games hangin' with Ice Cube, Snoopy Dog, and David Beck Ham, and with his third cousin from Ireland at the LA team kickball game. That would be top mental m8!
You're almost posting more than me but I am not on something like you so lower the dosage please. Living in Malibu poohoo you have loads or rehabs to choose from so make your choice and leave this place alone.

He looks like a serial killer about to use that trumpet on someone and it will not create any music you would want to hear.

Cool 60s vibe.
Interesting that the two homages he chose between were Herb Alpert and Charles Richardson lol.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom