Alternative "Years Of Refusal" cover photo posted by @mrjakewalters / Instagram

On Jake's instagram:

42403_jake_walter_alternative_yor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else think it's odd how all these Jake photos are coming out at a steady trot the moment? I'm wondering where it's all leading. Maybe this is a gradual build-up to the ones Morrissey really doesn't want us to see (unless the money goes in the account, obviously).

I really, really like this. It's a strong look (no, really). I would have probably preferred this for the WPINOYB as that album is inspired by Latin/Spanish culture and music, and this image seems fitting, especially more so than YOR.

Hopefully Morrissey features on the next album...

Morrissey's attempts to look "tough" simply do not work, ever.
He doesn't have to try and look "tough."

He naturally has the face of a man who looks like he would slit your throat for a giggle.

It's one of his more stand-out features, and ads a wonderful bit of irony to his dual persona. It's been remarked upon more than once throughout his career.

Anyone else think it's odd how all these Jake photos are coming out at a steady trot the moment? I'm wondering where it's all leading. Maybe this is a gradual build-up to the ones Morrissey really doesn't want us to see (unless the money goes in the account, obviously).

one can hope , he's gorgeous. probably 100% chance they exist.

You troll Nazi nonsense, and now you're spreading completely fabricated health facts. Stick to one kind of cuckoo.

A portion of human beings developed a tolerance for lactose. It's called an evolutionary adaptation. Milk isn't bad and for those with higher tolerance, and it can be quite nutritious and enjoyable.

Veganism/Vegetarianism is hovering at the same levels (%2) as it always has. It's a social trend for a small portion of each generation that comes along roughly every ten years, and then goes dormant once the college years fade away. The inconvenience becomes tedious, and there's no longer much social cache to gain from adopting it.

Whatever Vegans/Vegetarians are doing to change that is not working. Making up scary health facts won't change it either. Human beings don't mind taking chances with their health if it means having a much more enjoyable life.

Few of these health trends are going to let people live longer anyway. Longevity is mostly in your genes. If your relatives died young of natural causes, then you are likely to do the same. Barring any known susceptibility to certain diseases, eat what you want, drink what you want, and stop worrying about it.

I used to be a vegetarian, and outside of the animal welfare issue, it's a pointless exercise.

years of refusal has always been my favourite cover,its all very cryptic,will we ever find out why the little boy is pointing downwards.
Because it was a nice diversion from drooling and shitting in his pants. There is no reason why the child is pointing downwards. It's a baby being a baby.

In an act of George Lucasism, this sleeve will be used upon the inevitable re-issue of YOR.
And in further Lucasing, SER will photoshop a couple of scantily clad women with plastic breasts and an orca breaching the waves in the background. And maybe a UFO.

'Latina chick' - are you serious? This photo is one of the gayest things I've ever seen, and definately a chick-free zone.
You really don't understand the laws of attraction.

Morrissey has put out "gayer" covers than this, and it hasn't stopped the girls form urinating in their underwear on site. If anything, this is one of his more masculine covers.

It's been interesting to watch the number of posters suddenly fixated about shaming Morrissey with his sexuality.

This is what happens when your rhetoric panders to working class bigots who are still learning how to count. You get them coming around to your house looking for a toss about. No one else wants to play with them.

though morrissey is handsome of course, the costume does not really appeal to me esp. in combination with the silver trumpet. a golden trumpet wouldve been the better choice. there is something in the sky which is irresolute. it seems to be unhappy with the jacket's colour. then, why isnt he barefooted? or, come to think of it, bare-naked? or entangled in some kelp? and why a backlit shot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it was a nice diversion from drooling and shitting in his pants. There is no reason why the child is pointing downwards. It's a baby being a baby.
look at it ya f***ing twat,have you ever even seen the years of refusal cover.

look at it ya f***ing twat,have you ever even seen the years of refusal cover.
Yeah, seen it. What of it? I don't think there's significance, or some Illuminati level conspiracy as to what position the baby's hand is in.

He naturally has the face of a man who looks like he would slit your throat for a giggle.

It's one of his more stand-out features, and ads a wonderful bit of irony to his dual persona. It's been remarked upon more than once throughout his career.
I completely agree!
About five or so years ago, a fan on Twitter I believe, passed Morrissey and Damon and Liam walking back to his car in the Amoeba Records parking garage there in Hollywood. The fan tweeted that Moz “walks like Joe Pesci in Goodfellas!” I have always loved that description of him and can see it, too. :D

I completely agree!
About five or so years ago, a fan on Twitter I believe, passed Morrissey and Damon and Liam walking back to his car in the Amoeba Records parking garage there in Hollywood. The fan tweeted that Moz “walks like Joe Pesci in Goodfellas!” I have always loved that description of him and can see it, too. :D
I do find this fascinating when you look at the pale, stick-thin, delicate person he was when he first became famous. How did this happen? Was it just the extra weight, was it sheer determination to be somebody else, or was there always a stocky brute inside of him, trying to get out? Oh, and lovely anecdote, but do please enlighten me, how exactly does Joe Pesci walk in Goodfellas?

Oh, and lovely anecdote, but do please enlighten me, how exactly does Joe Pesci walk in Goodfellas?
I am away from YouTube right now, so can’t show any clips at the moment! :)
It could have been the fan was being a bit facetious, but I think he/she meant that Moz walked with an exaggerated gait, with a swagger.

I do find this fascinating when you look at the pale, stick-thin, delicate person he was when he first became famous. How did this happen? Was it just the extra weight, was it sheer determination to be somebody else, or was there always a stocky brute inside of him, trying to get out? Oh, and lovely anecdote, but do please enlighten me, how exactly does Joe Pesci walk in Goodfellas?

I think he was always bullish in personality and became more confident with success and more hardened by by fame attempted media assasinations and dealing with public life. I would sa the physical change was in part natural but didn’t he also start lifting weights and working out around the time of viva hate. They’re in the suedehead video. I also think the wispy personality given him by the press was somewhat overdone

It's none of the above. He's always had that look under the right circumstances. He has a vicious face due to strong features: Large brow, and chin, with the ye old satanic eyebrows. The standard paleolithic look.

It's like a gorilla. You don't need facial expressions. All you need to do is stare. Add the devil's blue eyes, and voila!

not this guy

I did a quick and dirty mock up of what could have been. I really like this photo better than the one we got.
hDf1Q3a.jpg

That photo would've been great for World Peace and it goes nicely with many of the flamenco-laced tunes therein. It is a lovely photo and Moz looks devilishly handsome. And Moz isn't too proud to use an old photo to promote his current wares either...

Back
Top Bottom