Alternative Christmas Speech - true-to-you.net

Re: New post on TTY Alternative Christmas Speech

Direct link here... http://www.true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_141208_01

Text as follows:

"8 December 2014

Alternative Christmas Speech

Morrissey has politely declined an invitation from Channel 4 Television to deliver an Alternative Christmas Day Speech which would be transmitted at the same time that the Queen delivers her Christmas Day speech for the BBC.

Morrissey has commented:

"My view that the monarchy should be quietly dismantled for the good of England is reasonably well-known, but I don't think Christmas Day is quite the time to be trading slaps. The Queen should be allowed the impassioned trance of her annual address to the British people, if only to once again prove that, in her frozen posture, she has nothing to offer and nothing to say, and she has no place in modern Britain except as a figure of repression; no independent thought required. The Queen very well might be the most powerful woman in England, but she lacks the power to make herself loved, and the phony inflation of her family attacks all rational intellect.
All over the world highly civilized peoples exist without the automatic condescension of a 'royal' family. England can do the same, and will find more respect for doing so.
"

P.

Or perhaps his mother has forbidden him from upsetting her on Xmas day. Maybe she has Kate & William mugs on her mantle-piece. For Morrissey, everyday is not only Sunday, but Xmas. He issues random, bizarre denunciations of the 'boil family' and appears to want them to be taken seriously, rather than laughed at. Yet when he's given the highest-possible profile to present his views, he simply hasn't got the balls to do it.

Risible, but it means he will always be mocked remorselessly every time he tries this nonsense again. One hopes to see barracking and heckling of him onstage each and every time he now sings "The Queen Is Dead" or makes some absurd snipe at Kate & William. He is ludicrous.

best
BB

Maybe that's right, maybe he hasn't got the balls to do it. Or maybe he has and just doesn't want to. Whatever the case, I don't really care, but I think not doing it, for whatever reason, is the right thing to do.

Maybe that's right, maybe he hasn't got the balls to do it. Or maybe he has and just doesn't want to. Whatever the case, I don't really care, but I think not doing it, for whatever reason, is the right thing to do.

I don't give a flying f*** either way and I will buy his next album. All I am interested in is his music and none of the nonsense that drives all the shit spouted on here.

In other words: Whatever he decides, and does or doesn't do, is A-OK by me. I am a Morrissey apologist, can't you see?!

This sounds like a set up for an assassination attempt. Even though it would show a lot of balls, what sane person with Irish lineage and the last name of Morrissey gives a speech denouncing the Brit "monarchy" during the same time as some old lady who is the president of England? I'm sure after Morrissey finished the speech there would be a bounty for his head and every Brit Orange Army psycho Protestant would be looking for him so they could chop off his head and then play kickball with it.

I'm glad Morrissey was smart enough not to fall for this.

I post the comment, go out for a walk and some shopping and come back and what do I find? Hateful miscreants and cretins bad mouthing each other and Morrissey. Page after page. And what's worse? Some of them are even backslapping each other, cheering each other on! Just another day at SoLow...

Good luck with the war, you say. But it's not me who wants the war. It's you. Otherwise you would've pissed off somewhere else. But you remain, spewing hatred, day in, day out. Warring on Morrissey and the fans. You and the rest of the SoLow-worshippers, the "SoLow and Tseng can do no wrong"-ists, the SoLow-sycophants.

And without wanting to discuss a 3,5 year old topic, I will say this (since you asked): He was insensitive regarding Utoya and he shouldn't have said it (at that point in time), but he wasn't factually wrong. That's where I stand.

You're a wee bit judgemental there with the 'hateful miscreants and cretins', but you probably think it's a Morrissey-esque flourish. The idea of you being up to any kind of 'war' with other commenters on this site seems unlikely if you're on the edge of a nervous breakdown because others are mocking Morrissey's hiding from a battle with the Queen of England. Let's see. He had the opportunity to sit next to David Cameron on the Marr Show and BOTTLED IT. He had the opportunity to challenge Duck Dynasty on Kimmel and BOTTLED IT. He was invited onto BBC Question Time but BOTTLED IT. He's a serial bottler. Viz should do a new strip on him. "Courageous Moz".

He expressed a bizarre opinion about Utoya. To suggest he was dealing in 'facts' is absurd. He sells 'cheese gougons' from his menu options at the o2 and 3Arean. Thus, he's also implicated in animal cruelty. The fact he has some fetish-phobia about people eating meat rather than 'cheese gougons' is just more evidence of his personality foibles.

MILK IS MURDER

best
BB

I don't give a flying f*** either way and I will buy his next album. All I am interested in is his music and none of the nonsense that drives all the shit spouted on here.

Exactly! Lets talk about the new album, or the recent/ongoing tour, anything pertinent and not the drivel that slides through the cattle-grid of Morrissey-Solo. Most of these threads degenerate to an internet version of a public toilet's wall.

"Because I did not want a link removed?" ... you make it sound so innocent when you remove the context of what it was about.

You wanted a link to a website which linked Morrissey to pedophilia plastered on the front page for the simple reason that it would damage Morrissey's character. You argue that it is about "free speech" but really, there was absolutely zero positive benefit to it being there and I think that just says a lot about you as a person. Your want to impress David T so much and to hate Morrissey so much was so great that you'd stoop to the lowest low of using pedophilia to your benefit.

Wrong. FBE.

Sealed my own grave? No, not likely, I just think you're a vile person. Vile people do make me angry I guess. So your views here are really no surprise.

Two more nails on your coffin, I see.

Repetition is his middle name. Christmas is for Christians; he just declared he is an atheist in the Serbian article.

Every year at this time people like you turn up and claim things about christmas that simply is not true at all. You should study history more when it comes to the origins of christman. For many what is called christmas is in fact the old Yule which was turned into christmas as the church saw how popular it was. We who celebrate Yule do it as a pagan ritual just like midsummer is.

For all your claims of knowing so much you consistently manage to put your foot in it. Maybe it is time you realised that you do not know much at all but you sure have opinions on absolutely everything but knowledge never comes into it.

In other words: Whatever he decides, and does or doesn't do, is A-OK by me. I am a Morrissey apologist, can't you see?!

For f*** sake you're an infuriating idiot. That is not what I have been saying. I said whatever his reasoning for not doing it, I don't care, I just think its in his best interests to not do it.

Considering you shit on basically everything he does, it is hilarious for you to turn around and call anyone a Morrissey apologist. I even outright stated in this thread I disagree with a hell of a lot of things he says. I roll my eyes just about every time he opens his mouth about the Queen. I said that to you, and you acknowledged it, yet you still harp on with this apologist shit. That only leads me to believe that you are simply trolling at this point.

If he had gone ahead and done it, you'd have a problem with that and there would be people all up in arms about it. Hell, every single thing he says or does people have a problem with it. You can't have one thread about a post-gig review without it turning into a shit storm with people having a problem with things he does. Some of those things I agree with, some I disagree with. This is one I agree with. I'm sorry you see everything so black and white. Just because you hate everything he does doesn't mean that anyone who agrees with something he does means they agree with everything he does. There is plenty of grey in between. Just because you're white doesn't make everyone who isn't you black.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. FBE.

Two more nails on your coffin, I see.

Yep, it's really nails in my coffin to call a vile person a vile person.

And no, it's not wrong.

Last edited:

This. This is pretty much it. I like Morrissey for his music. I don't want to see him on TV sprouting off about the Queen. I don't want to hear it in every second interview he does, or random TTY updates about how bad the monarchy is. I just want the music. But apparently, being happy he isn't doing the TV speech and just wanting music is being a Morrissey apologist.

Channel 4 made Morrissey a great offer, and Morrissey sensibly declined.

All the rest resembles a rather well-known Monty Python sketch.

I'm not really sure what your argument is here. I never said none of those things were or were not pretty desperate. They're stupid comments. Morrissey is a complete contradiction, he might be worried that this would come off as pretty desperate yet he might not have recognised that at other times. He's a pretty flawed person and just because we can point out obvious flaws in his logic doesn't mean he always can.

In HIS mind he might see one act as not being desperate and another as being desperate. To us, as outsiders, we may see both acts as being desperate, or neither. Pointing out that he has done and said desperate things before doesn't really have any point since I doubt he's keeping stock of those things like some people.

If he's not interested in feedback from Consensual Reality, why is he 'sharing' this information with the wider world? And if he doesn't care what Consensual Reality thinks about his outbursts, how could he possibly have an insight into the likely reaction such that'he might be worried that this would come off as pretty desperate'?

If he's not 'keeping stock' of feedback from Consensual Reality then he is suffering from a mental illness. If he thinks he can put information into the public domain as part of his 'pop star' act yet avoid feedback from 'reality' then that is another symptom of mental illness.

Perhaps he is finally beginning to realise that the consensus view on his 'political' outbursts about the royals and 'the beckhams', etc, is that he is a pantomime comedy figure, not to be taken seriously. The only oddity in all this is that he would ever be considered for the 'Alternative Queen's Speech'. Perhaps they thought previous episodes were too high-brow and it was time from some Comic Relief from Stand-Up comic Morrissey.

best
BB

This sounds like a set up for an assassination attempt. Even though it would show a lot of balls, what sane person with Irish lineage and the last name of Morrissey gives a speech denouncing the Brit "monarchy" during the same time as some old lady who is the president of England? I'm sure after Morrissey finished the speech there would be a bounty for his head and every Brit Orange Army psycho Protestant would be looking for him so they could chop off his head and then play kickball with it.

I'm glad Morrissey was smart enough not to fall for this.

A cryptic comment, to be sure, given your usual lengthy reflections. It was a 'great offer' yet you offer nothing to back up your claim that Morrissey was sensible to decline it? Morrissey increasingly resembles a bad stand-up comic or a pantomime villain. He stands on stage with the horrible queen of England on a screen behind him......"she's behind you!.....she's behind you!....."

The only sensible way out of this self-inflicted PR debacle for Morrissey would be for him to now keep a dignified silence about the 'boil family'. C4 didn't release this information, he did. Presumably he thought everyone would share your view that he was 'sensible' to decline. You seem to be trying to dismiss opinions that differ to yours as comical without providing a justification. Just like Morrissey! *rollseyes*

best
BB

ps: just for reference, which Monty Python scene are you referring to? I have no idea.

This. Thank you.

i am so in agreement with this i think i broke my head. since i do like the music and the lyrics which put forth his thoughts i think it is fair to say im interested in what morrisseys saying and thinking. i dont think morrissey has much experience talking with the public at large and is often very direct and roundabout at the same time. i suspect hes been talking with the same people for a long time now who are just used to the way he speaks and let him go at it.

Back
Top Bottom