Alternative Christmas Speech - true-to-you.net

Re: New post on TTY Alternative Christmas Speech

Direct link here... http://www.true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_141208_01

Text as follows:

"8 December 2014

Alternative Christmas Speech

Morrissey has politely declined an invitation from Channel 4 Television to deliver an Alternative Christmas Day Speech which would be transmitted at the same time that the Queen delivers her Christmas Day speech for the BBC.

Morrissey has commented:

"My view that the monarchy should be quietly dismantled for the good of England is reasonably well-known, but I don't think Christmas Day is quite the time to be trading slaps. The Queen should be allowed the impassioned trance of her annual address to the British people, if only to once again prove that, in her frozen posture, she has nothing to offer and nothing to say, and she has no place in modern Britain except as a figure of repression; no independent thought required. The Queen very well might be the most powerful woman in England, but she lacks the power to make herself loved, and the phony inflation of her family attacks all rational intellect.
All over the world highly civilized peoples exist without the automatic condescension of a 'royal' family. England can do the same, and will find more respect for doing so.
"

P.

Actually this is pointless, arguing about whether or not a man neither of us even know should appear on TV or not is f***ing stupid.

Almost as 'pointless' and/or 'f***ing stupid' as Morrissey telling an audience he doesn't even know that that he decided not to appear on T.V on Christmas day.

Or prattling on about his views onstage to an audience he doesn't even know. Etc

best
BB

Nice. Typical tactics of the dimwitted who cannot engage in debate without resorting to character assignations.

Character "assignations" ?

They're just observations. You're the one handing out "trophies". And you are a f***ing idiot because you support the advertisement of something which gives undue exposure to pedophilia without any kind of moral benefit or greater good. It was purely to put a bigger smudge next to Morrissey's name and to use something as repulsive as pedophilia to do so, sinking to incredibly low depths. That makes you a disgusted reprehensible person. All because you hate Morrissey so much that you'd want to see that there to hurt him. I don't think he's any angel in a lot of respects but you are just ridiculous. Seriously, you wanted to use something so hateful and putrid as pedophilia as a vehicle or tool to assassinate his character further (see, now who's talking character assassination?). Fighting so hard just for the casual link to be there in hopes of the harm it would do. I knew as soon as I saw this posted that on the first page there would be people moaning and complaining because they have a problem with it. Low and behold, surprise surprise, you're one of the first.

Normally, I'd just say you're an idiot online wasting their time hating on a celebrity, but given your previous views on the pedophilia stuff, I feel pretty justified in calling you out on being a special kind of vile person.

This isn't any kind of character (I assume you mean assassination?) this is based purely off what you have said yourself. There is no "debate" to engage in when all you want to do is hang around and rip on the guy no matter what he does. So please don't try and pass yourself off as an adult in this situation. I may use crude language in calling you an idiot, but its entirely justified.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost as 'pointless' and/or 'f***ing stupid' as Morrissey telling an audience he doesn't even know that that he decided not to appear on T.V on Christmas day.

Or prattling on about his views onstage to an audience he doesn't even know. Etc

best
BB

Pretty much, yeah. Just because Morrissey can sing better than most of us doesn't make his point of view any more special or valid. Appearing on TV to tell everyone his thoughts on Christmas day would just make a lot of people resent him and for once he seems to have paused and gone "hmm, I don't actually want that to happen."

But of course people will put their own spin on that to have a problem with it because that's what they do. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Last edited:

Actually this is pointless, arguing about whether or not a man neither of us even know should appear on TV or not is f***ing stupid.

Not in the context of a man who complains never being invited to appear on television.

For those who don't know C4s alternative Christmas message has an interesting pedigree since it began with Quentin Crisp in 1993. Guests have included Jesse Jackson, Brigitte Bardot, Sacha Baron Cohen, Marge & Lisa Simpson, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Edward Snowden.

They're just observations. You're the one handing out "trophies". And you are a f***ing idiot because you support the advertisement of something which gives undue exposure to pedophilia without any kind of moral benefit. That makes you a disgusted reprehensible person. All because you hate Morrissey so much that you'd want to see that there to hurt him. I don't think he's any angel in a lot of respects but you are just ridiculous. I knew as soon as I saw this posted that on the first page there would be people moaning and complaining because they have a problem with it. Low and behold, surprise surprise, you're one of the first.

Normally, I'd just say you're an idiot online wasting their time hating on a celebrity, but given your previous views on the pedophilia stuff, I feel pretty justified in calling you out on being a special kind of vile person.

This isn't any kind of character (I assume you mean assassination?) this is based purely off what you have said yourself. There is no "debate" to engage in when all you want to do is hang around and rip on the guy no matter what he does. So please don't try and pass yourself off as an adult in this situation. I may use crude language in calling you an idiot, but its entirely justified.

I assume you mean 'disgusting reprehensible person'? *rollseyes & LOLs*

best
BB

I assume you mean 'disgusting reprehensible person'? *rollseyes & LOLs*

best
BB

My most sincere apologies. It is 4:20am here after all.

But hey, congrats, you've found the bold button!

Last edited:

Not in the context of a man who complains never being invited to appear on television.

For those who don't know C4s alternative Christmas message has an interesting pedigree since it began with Quentin Crisp in 1993. Guests have included Jesse Jackson, Brigitte Bardot, Sacha Baron Cohen, Marge & Lisa Simpson, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Edward Snowden.

Maybe, he has complained before about never getting exposure when we know he's thumbed his nose at opportunities before. But "any publicity is good publicity" isn't always an accurate saying. Just because he has complained about that in the past doesn't me he has to or should jump at any opportunity.

Its not really comparing apples with apples. He has complained about not getting exposure for his music, we all know he has shot himself in the foot with that many, many times. But this doesn't have anything to do with his music. It would come across pretty desperate.

Pretty much, yeah. Just because Morrissey can sing better than most of us doesn't make his point of view any more special or valid. Appearing on TV to tell everyone his thoughts on Christmas day would just make a lot of people resent him and for once he seems to have paused and gone "hmm, I don't actually want that to happen."

But of course people will put their own spin on that to have a problem with it because that's what they do. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Do you seriously think Morrissey shares your analysis? He is the epitome of the entitled 'star' surrounded by sychophants who search audiences when his ridiculous nonsense is challenged.

He's bottled this Alternative Queen's Speech because he lacks the intellectual chops to compose a decent response to the queen. In other words, he's a bit dense. The most obvious and glaring evidence is that he thinks she's just the queen of England.

best
BB

Goodness me! You are upset! Tell me, if it's inappropriate for Morrissey to indulge in 'trading slaps' about royals on Christmas day, do you think it was appropriate for Morrissey to trade slaps about animals rights when all those Norwegian teenagers died?

Good luck with that 'war', I think the most you'll find is bemused ridicule of Morrissey for being such a blowhard and a coward at the same time.

best
BB

best
BB

I post the comment, go out for a walk and some shopping and come back and what do I find? Hateful miscreants and cretins bad mouthing each other and Morrissey. Page after page. And what's worse? Some of them are even backslapping each other, cheering each other on! Just another day at SoLow...

Good luck with the war, you say. But it's not me who wants the war. It's you. Otherwise you would've pissed off somewhere else. But you remain, spewing hatred, day in, day out. Warring on Morrissey and the fans. You and the rest of the SoLow-worshippers, the "SoLow and Tseng can do no wrong"-ists, the SoLow-sycophants.

And without wanting to discuss a 3,5 year old topic, I will say this (since you asked): He was insensitive regarding Utoya and he shouldn't have said it (at that point in time), but he wasn't factually wrong. That's where I stand.

They're just observations. You're the one handing out "trophies". And you are a f***ing idiot because you support the advertisement of something which gives undue exposure to pedophilia without any kind of moral benefit.

How do you know there was no moral benefit? That thread is forty-eight pages long and has over 17,00 views. Certainly there is something worth merit in there.

That makes you a disgusted reprehensible person.

Because I did not want a link removed? Oh dear.

All because you hate Morrissey so much that you'd want to see that there to hurt him. I don't think he's any angel in a lot of respects but you are just ridiculous. I knew as soon as I saw this posted that on the first page there would be people moaning and complaining because they have a problem with it. Low and behold, surprise surprise, you're one of the first.

You sound very angry. I don't hate Morrissey. I love his music and find him to be an interesting character--worthy of both admiration and scrutiny.

And there we have it. You seal your own grave.

It would have been a train wreck had he agreed to it. Look at all the childish bickering going on because he decided NOT to do it, and offered an explanation. Just imagine if he had gone ahead. So-Low would crash, then where would the haters go to argue ad nauseum? AYNIM, where all the posts are moderated and none of your carefully crafted posts would appear?

Do you seriously think Morrissey shares your analysis? He is the epitome of the entitled 'star' surrounded by sychophants who search audiences when his ridiculous nonsense is challenged.

He's bottled this Alternative Queen's Speech because he lacks the intellectual chops to compose a decent response to the queen. In other words, he's a bit dense. The most obvious and glaring evidence is that he thinks she's just the queen of England.

best
BB

He probably doesn't, no, he probably thinks his point of view is the most important thing in the world. But my point of view would be reflective of a lot of people watching it who would wonder who the f*** this guy is thinking he's going to tell them what's what on Christmas day.

Maybe he recognises that, maybe he doesn't, either way, his decision not to do it is a good one for that reason.

You also get the trophy for Best, Lazy Ad Hominem Attack used to try to discredit an opponent.

Do you even know what an ad hominem attack is? I'm serious. Because the part you quoted was not even close to an ad hominem attack.

Maybe, he has complained before about never getting exposure when we know he's thumbed his nose at opportunities before. But "any publicity is good publicity" isn't always an accurate saying. Just because he has complained about that in the past doesn't me he has to or should jump at any opportunity.

Its not really comparing apples with apples. He has complained about not getting exposure for his music, we all know he has shot himself in the foot with that many, many times. But this doesn't have anything to do with his music. It would come across pretty desperate.

Unlike, say, designating Chinese people as a 'sub-species'? Using massacre victims in Norway to troll the world media? And on and on and on. None of these were 'pretty desperate'? Yet he walks away from an open goal by bottling the 'Alternative Queen's Speech'.

Don't forget, this is a 56 year old man who still walks onstage to open with 'The Queen Is Dead', his rather obvious update on the Sex Pistols 'God Save The Queen'. However, despite using childish YouTube images of the Queen giving his audience the finger, he declines to elaborate on his ongoing fixation with the British royals, using a platform that couldn't be more finely honed for his purposes. He seems pretty desperate to avoid actually put himself forward on any platform where his views would be analysed by anyone beyond his shrill cult who follow his every bizarre utterance on TTY.

This is just another bizarre word-salad outburst. Nobody need take this, or any further rants about royalty, remotely seriously. He's a busted flush. He is a troll.

best
BB

Last edited:

How do you know there was no moral benefit? That thread is forty-eight pages long and has over 17,00 views. Certainly there is something worth merit in there.

Because I did not want a link removed? Oh dear.

You sound very angry. I don't hate Morrissey. I love his music and find him to be an interesting character--worthy of both admiration and scrutiny.

And there we have it. You seal your own grave.

"Because I did not want a link removed?" ... you make it sound so innocent when you remove the context of what it was about.

You wanted a link to a website which linked Morrissey to pedophilia plastered on the front page for the simple reason that it would damage Morrissey's character. You argue that it is about "free speech" but really, there was absolutely zero positive benefit to it being there and I think that just says a lot about you as a person. Your want to impress David T so much and to hate Morrissey so much was so great that you'd stoop to the lowest low of using pedophilia to your benefit.

Sealed my own grave? No, not likely, I just think you're a vile person. Vile people do make me angry I guess. So your views here are really no surprise.

It would have been a train wreck had he agreed to it. Look at all the childish bickering going on because he decided NOT to do it, and offered an explanation. Just imagine if he had gone ahead. So-Low would crash, then where would the haters go to argue ad nauseum? AYNIM, where all the posts are moderated and none of your carefully crafted posts would appear?

Is AYNIM the same site which posted this story four hours ago and has so far had two replies?

Unlike, say, designating Chinese people as a 'sub-species'? Using massacre victims in Norway to troll the world media? And on and on and on. None of these were 'pretty desperate'? Yet he walks away from an open goal by bottling the 'Alternative Queen's Speech'.

Don't forget, this is a 56 year old man who still walks onstage to open with 'The Queen Is Dead', his rather obvious update on the Sex Pistols 'God Save The Queen'. However, despite using childish YouTube images of the Queen giving his audience the finger, he declines to elaborate on his ongoing fixation with the British royals, using a platform that couldn't be more finely honed for his purposes. He seems pretty desperate to actually put himself forward on any platform where his views would be analysed by anyone beyond his shrill cult who follow his every bizarre utterance on TTY.

This is just another bizarre word-salad outburst. Nobody need take this, or any further rants about royalty, remotely seriously. He's a busted flush. He is a troll.

best
BB

I'm not really sure what your argument is here. I never said none of those things were or were not pretty desperate. They're stupid comments. Morrissey is a complete contradiction, he might be worried that this would come off as pretty desperate yet he might not have recognised that at other times. He's a pretty flawed person and just because we can point out obvious flaws in his logic doesn't mean he always can.

In HIS mind he might see one act as not being desperate and another as being desperate. To us, as outsiders, we may see both acts as being desperate, or neither. Pointing out that he has done and said desperate things before doesn't really have any point since I doubt he's keeping stock of those things like some people.

He probably doesn't, no, he probably thinks his point of view is the most important thing in the world. But my point of view would be reflective of a lot of people watching it who would wonder who the f*** this guy is thinking he's going to tell them what's what on Christmas day.

Maybe he recognises that, maybe he doesn't, either way, his decision not to do it is a good one for that reason.

Or perhaps his mother has forbidden him from upsetting her on Xmas day. Maybe she has Kate & William mugs on her mantle-piece. For Morrissey, everyday is not only Sunday, but Xmas. He issues random, bizarre denunciations of the 'boil family' and appears to want them to be taken seriously, rather than laughed at. Yet when he's given the highest-possible profile to present his views, he simply hasn't got the balls to do it.

Risible, but it means he will always be mocked remorselessly every time he tries this nonsense again. One hopes to see barracking and heckling of him onstage each and every time he now sings "The Queen Is Dead" or makes some absurd snipe at Kate & William. He is ludicrous.

best
BB

First, drama about the Harvest doing no promotion and NOT being invited to any TV programs, drama. Loss of another record contract.
Now he IS invited to a TV program where he can promote himself, whilst pontificating on one of his, one among many, pet peeves and he turns it down?

Needless the apostles think whatever the Moz decides will always be the best of all possible worlds.lol

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom