Alternative Christmas Speech - true-to-you.net

Re: New post on TTY Alternative Christmas Speech

Direct link here... http://www.true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_141208_01

Text as follows:

"8 December 2014

Alternative Christmas Speech

Morrissey has politely declined an invitation from Channel 4 Television to deliver an Alternative Christmas Day Speech which would be transmitted at the same time that the Queen delivers her Christmas Day speech for the BBC.

Morrissey has commented:

"My view that the monarchy should be quietly dismantled for the good of England is reasonably well-known, but I don't think Christmas Day is quite the time to be trading slaps. The Queen should be allowed the impassioned trance of her annual address to the British people, if only to once again prove that, in her frozen posture, she has nothing to offer and nothing to say, and she has no place in modern Britain except as a figure of repression; no independent thought required. The Queen very well might be the most powerful woman in England, but she lacks the power to make herself loved, and the phony inflation of her family attacks all rational intellect.
All over the world highly civilized peoples exist without the automatic condescension of a 'royal' family. England can do the same, and will find more respect for doing so.
"

P.

Another dumb move professionally.

His speech undoubtedly would have gone viral, and possibly have been the biggest moment in his career in at least a decade.

Nah. I'm a maybe-baby.

Wrong again. I for one would have tuned in and given him kudos for stepping up to the plate. Even if I disagreed with some of his views.

lol I love how your point of view is "I don't care whether he wants to do it or not, I want him to do it." ... so what you want is apparently what is right for him. He doesn't want to do it, if he doesn't want to do it, and then doesn't do it, then that's the right thing to do. If he didn't want to do it and still did it, then that's wrong. It's as simple as that.

he might just not wanna give up his christmas. were not christians here but we still enjoy the holiday. the gift giving the eating and coming together of loved ones etc. he might wanna do the same

lol I love how your point of view is "I don't care whether he wants to do it or not, I want him to do it." ... so what you want is apparently what is right for him. He doesn't want to do it, if he doesn't want to do it, and then doesn't do it, then that's the right thing to do. If he didn't want to do it and still did it, then that's wrong. It's as simple as that.

You get the trophy for being the number one Morrissey apologist on Solo. Congratulations.

Lots would listen. Even you would, Pokey-Wokey.

I'd watch it, but that isn't the same thing. I'd be going "oh for f***'s sake Morrissey, give it a break". I already do that when he manages to slip it into interviews and updates relentlessly. The message would just be lost.

Regardless of who would or wouldn't watch it. The point is as above, he said he doesn't want to do it and gave his reason and that's that. No matter what he did though you'd have a problem with it. You say you'd give him kudos, but we all know if he announced he was doing it you'd have a problem with that too instead.

- - - Updated - - -

You get the trophy for being the number one Morrissey apologist on Solo. Congratulations.

How am I a Morrissey apologist? Because I agree with him on this? I had a big ol' piece of steak for dinner and think he is pretty much wrong about most of his comments regarding vegetarianism. Not to mention when I've had a go at him for his cancellations, his handling of certain incidents ala KY etc... Sorry for being such a Morrissey apologist. I guess this is what happens when you are pretty much anti-Morrissey on everything he does, anyone who is willing to actually agree with him on anything is automatically a Morrissey apologist because you can't see it any other way. As usual, you're wrong again.

"Christmas is not the time to be trading slaps", says Morrissey.
"f*** that", says the uncivilized vermin and David Tseng loving Morrissey haters of Morrissey-solo.com. "It's always time for slappin'! We love to hatehatehate!"

Morrissey can never ever doing anything right (according to the vermin). Even though he's addressed the issue with monarchy and the state of the nation in numerous songs, statements and interviews throughout the years (especially in recent years) and getting lambasted for it by the Solow vermin, they want more. And on (inter)national TV, at that!

Morrissey declined and gave a perfectly good explanation as to why he declined. But the vermin want blood shed. They want more. They want war.

He's been very public about his views on these subjects for 30 years now. He's not exactly shying away from them, or being coy. Wouldn't this speech just be repetition? And at Christmas? I know I wouldn't have been too keen had he said yes.

Goodness me! You are upset! Tell me, if it's inappropriate for Morrissey to indulge in 'trading slaps' about royals on Christmas day, do you think it was appropriate for Morrissey to trade slaps about animals rights when all those Norwegian teenagers died?

Good luck with that 'war', I think the most you'll find is bemused ridicule of Morrissey for being such a blowhard and a coward at the same time.

best
BB

best
BB

I'd watch it, but that isn't the same thing. I'd be going "oh for f***'s sake Morrissey, give it a break". I already do that when he manages to slip it into interviews and updates relentlessly. The message would just be lost.

Regardless of who would or wouldn't watch it. The point is as above, he said he doesn't want to do it and gave his reason and that's that. No matter what he did though you'd have a problem with it. You say you'd give him kudos, but we all know if he announced he was doing it you'd have a problem with that too instead.

You claimed I would be the only listener. My reply to your ludicrous statement was that I would not; you would also tune in--as you just admitted.

How am I a Morrissey apologist? Because I agree with him on this? I had a big ol' piece of steak for dinner and think he is pretty much wrong about most of his comments regarding vegetarianism. Not to mention when I've had a go at him for his cancellations, his handling of certain incidents ala KY etc... Sorry for being such a Morrissey apologist. I guess this is what happens when you are pretty much anti-Morrissey on everything he does, anyone who is willing to actually agree with him on anything is automatically a Morrissey apologist because you can't see it any other way.

I must have missed your more objective and sound posts. I was bestowing you the honor based on that post and ones I have seen in the 'delete the pedo link' thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Goodness me! You are upset! Tell me, if it's inappropriate for Morrissey to indulge in 'trading slaps' about royals on Christmas day, do you think it was appropriate for Morrissey to trade slaps about animals rights when all those Norwegian teenagers died?

Good luck with that 'war', I think the most you'll find is bemused ridicule of Morrissey for being such a blowhard and a coward at the same time.

best
BB

That's it, in a nutshell.

he might just not wanna give up his christmas. were not christians here but we still enjoy the holiday. the gift giving the eating and coming together of loved ones etc. he might wanna do the same

Yes, i wonder what he does on Xmas day. Does he sit around the table with his family whilst they eat turkey? Or are they all vegans? Does he have a cheeseboard after his Xmas pudding? Or some 'cheese gougons' as per his 'animal friendly menu' at the o2? MILK IS MURDER

best
BB

You claimed I would be the only listener. My reply to your ludicrous statement was that I would not; you would also tune in--as you just admitted.

I must have missed your more objective and sound posts. I was bestowing you the honor based on that post and ones I have seen in the 'delete the pedo link' thread.

Well I wouldn't tune in because I don't live in the UK, probably watch it on youtube later. But, that is besides the point, your statement was "well I'd watch it so he should do it". I'm sure that's exactly what he wants "yeah that dipshit who hates me on solo would watch it so I better do it!"

Hell, even my reasoning for not wanting to see him do it is so far from a Morrissey apologist. I don't want him to do it because I think it would just sound and come off being like a ridiculous publicity stunt all things considered. I wouldn't want him to do it because I'm sick of hearing him going on about it. If you had any grasp of how to actually form a cohesive argument and follow what people were saying you'd realise calling someone who's stated those as their points of view is so far from an apologist. But then again, I shouldn't expect anything less from someone who is basically pro-pedoin the sense they wanted front page exposure for the link between Morrissey and pedophilia. Nice one.

But yeah, silly me for thinking that being anti-pedo and not wanting to give that disgusting shit exposure is being a Morrissey apologist. If that is me then by your own definition you're pretty much a David T apologist.

Point is, he doesn't feel it is the right time or place to deliver such a message, and I agree with him because I think he'd look pretty cringe worthy delivering it like that.

Last edited:

"Morrissey apologist" - is that the new label for anyone who doesn't tow So_Low's predictable "Everything he does is wrong. Always" line? Haha. Must try harder. There's no excuse for the "everything he does is wrong" line just as there's no excuse for the "everything he does is right" line - both are equally infantile. Trading slaps using the label of "Morrissey apologist" has no credibility at all.

I wonder where he spends Christmas(Manc?) and if he has a tree?

Well I wouldn't tune in because I don't live in the UK, probably watch it on youtube later. But, that is besides the point, your statement was "well I'd watch it so he should do it". I'm sure that's exactly what he wants "yeah that dipshit who hates me on solo would watch it so I better do it!"

I NEVER said he should do it because I would listen. You added one plus one and got three. Reread the comments. You said no one would listen so he should not do it. You got the ball rolling. I was just stopping it in its tracks.

Hell, even my reasoning for not wanting to see him do it is so far from a Morrissey apologist. I don't want him to do it because I think it would just sound and come off being like a ridiculous publicity stunt all things considered.

And we know he is vehemently opposed to resorting to those things. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't want him to do it because I'm sick of hearing him going on about it. If you had any grasp of how to actually form a cohesive argument and follow what people were saying you'd realise calling someone who's stated those as their points of view is so far from an apologist.

What? Isn't an apologist stating his points of view? He certainly isn't stating mine.

But then again, I shouldn't expect anything less from someone who is basically pro-pedoin the sense they wanted front page exposure for the link between Morrissey and pedophilia. Nice one.

You also get the trophy for Best, Lazy Ad Hominem Attack used to try to discredit an opponent.

But yeah, silly me for thinking that being anti-pedo and not wanting to give that disgusting shit exposure is being a Morrissey apologist. If that is me then by your own definition you're pretty much a David T apologist.

Silly man, the only people who are not opposed to pedophilia are pedophiles. And I am not one. David T apologist? David T has nothing to apologize for so he certainly doesn't need an army of minions excusing his behavior on his behalf.

I NEVER said he should do it because I would listen. You added one plus one and got three. Reread the comments. You said no one would listen so he should not do it. You got the ball rolling. I was just stopping it in its tracks.

And we know he is vehemently opposed to resorting to those things. :rolleyes:

What? Isn't an apologist stating his points of view? He certainly isn't stating mine.

You also get the trophy for Best, Lazy Ad Hominem Attack used to try to discredit an opponent.

Silly man, the only people who are not opposed to pedophilia are pedophiles. And I am not one. David T apologist? David T has nothing to apologize for so he certainly doesn't need an army of minions excusing his behavior on his behalf.

I didn't say no one would listen to it, I said that not many people would want to hear it on Christmas day. You said that you would, and I pointed out that due to your amazing sample size of 1, that doesn't prove anything. You want to listen to it? Fantastic, for every 1 person that does want to listen to it there would be 10 more who don't.

You did a pretty good job discrediting yourself in that thread with your argument. I am merely pointing out that considering you're the same idiot who wanted to advertise a link to do with pedophilia stuff, arguing with you is just pointless since you're a f***ing idiot. Funny you mention that army of minions though, since you're front and centre leading it.

But yeah, you go on giving out "trophies" or whatever it is you do being an adult on the internet.

Actually this is pointless, arguing about whether or not a man neither of us even know should appear on TV or not is f***ing stupid.

I didn't say no one would listen to it, I said that not many people would want to hear it on Christmas day. You said that you would, and I pointed out that due to your amazing sample size of 1, that doesn't prove anything. You want to listen to it? Fantastic, for every 1 person that does want to listen to it there would be 10 more who don't.

You did a pretty good job discrediting yourself in that thread with your argument. I am merely pointing out that considering you're the same idiot who wanted to advertise a link to do with pedophilia stuff, arguing with you is just pointless since you're a f***ing idiot. Funny you mention that army of minions though, since you're front and centre leading it.

But yeah, you go on giving out "trophies" or whatever it is you do being an adult on the internet.

Nice. Typical tactics of the dimwitted who cannot engage in debate without resorting to character assignations.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom