Alternate versions of songs

Excellent, I can't wait to wrap my ears around those.

On a side note, I've been looking over some eBay auctions (not that I have any cash) for some of the other things I need. I found a copy of the US single "My Love Life" on there:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MORRISSEY-My-Lo...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230099531715

This contains the 4:49 full lenght version but the description lists:

- My Love Life - With Chrissie Hynde 4:49

What's the deal, is that a mistake?

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm looking for the following and I wonder if someone might have them:

The Queen is Dead (6:06) from the CD-single of "How Soon Is Now?"

I Want the one I can't have (Live Paris 2002) (4:41). It was apparently an official download at the time of the IJWTSTBH single.

Anybody have these? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for that version of "The Queen Is Dead."

Now I still would like to track down that download version of "I Want The One I Can't Have (Live Paris 2002)" from the time of IJWTSTBH.

Thanks again.

Excellent, I can't wait to wrap my ears around those.

On a side note, I've been looking over some eBay auctions (not that I have any cash) for some of the other things I need. I found a copy of the US single "My Love Life" on there:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MORRISSEY-My-Lo...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230099531715

This contains the 4:49 full lenght version but the description lists:

- My Love Life - With Chrissie Hynde 4:49

What's the deal, is that a mistake?

The part about "With Chrissie Hynde"? No, she really does sing backup vocals on it.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks very much, it didn't want to work at first, but just got it now. Sounds great. I had a copy of it but it was the absolute worst rip I've ever heard. It was totally messed up with uneven volume. This is a great upgrade. Another off the list:)

Here you are: http://www.sendspace.com/file/816hsh

Thanks God now you have it... now i can rest in peace. ;)

It's gonna take me two months more to get the original DVD but at the end i'm gonna have it.

Cheers.

Now I still would like to track down that download version of "I Want The One I Can't Have (Live Paris 2002)" from the time of IJWTSTBH.

Here you are: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0iwh0r

The part about "With Chrissie Hynde"? No, she really does sing backup vocals on it.

I never knew that. I listened to it again a few times and now I can clearly hear her in there. Learn something everyday.

Thanks God now you have it... now i can rest in peace. ;)

It's gonna take me two months more to get the original DVD but at the end i'm gonna have it.

Cheers.

Yeah, I finally have it:) But, you know I totally forgot who it was who told me they had the single on order, I couldn't remember your screename. That's why I kept it on my list, not because I thought you weren't going to send it to me when you did get it:) I never doubted that someone would PM me about it eventually, unless they had forgotten my screename too.

It's all good...

Last edited:
Nobody has mentioned this one so far, but it's listed at passions... does that mean you already have it?

Miserable Lie - live in Oxford 18/3/85 {4:27} from a Rough Trade compilation (Canada and Holland various artists compilation)

And I'm still looking for (just as everybody else) for

How Soon is Now? - Phil Brown edit {3:53}
How Soon is Now? - other edit {5:30} UK Buzz #004, a USA radio-only sampler LP
What Difference Does It Make? - single edit {3:25}
The Headmaster Ritual - Phil Brown edit {3:45}

the passionsjustlikemine site also lists:

Rubber Ring / Asleep {7:56} - 12" and cd-single of "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side" (except in Japan)

Is this really a mix/do the songs fade into each other? Is there is an actual difference between that and those two songs played back to back?

Rubber Ring / Asleep {7:56} - 12" and cd-single of "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side" (except in Japan)

Is this really a mix/do the songs fade into each other? Is there is an actual difference between that and those two songs played back to back?

They fade one into the other. It's nicely done. They never should have split the songs apart.

Stephane

Nobody has mentioned this one so far, but it's listed at passions... does that mean you already have it?

Miserable Lie - live in Oxford 18/3/85 {4:27} from a Rough Trade compilation (Canada and Holland various artists compilation)

And I'm still looking for (just as everybody else) for

How Soon is Now? - other edit {5:30} UK Buzz #004, a USA radio-only sampler LP
The Headmaster Ritual - Phil Brown edit {3:45}

the passionsjustlikemine site also lists:

I don't list the Oxford tracks as I have the bootleg in high quality, so I'll let those rest for now. Some are only on vinyl and until someone gets them all transferred to digital I'll stick with what I have.

I do have..

I'll post them later today...

Last edited:
I don't list the Oxford tracks as I have the bootleg in high quality, so I'll let those rest for now. Some are only on vinyl and until someone gets them all transferred to digital I'll stick with what I have.

I do have..

I'll post them later today...

I've posted the John Peel U.K. Buzz #004 "How Soon Is Now?" edit for you (and everyone else) in another thread.

They fade one into the other. It's nicely done. They never should have split the songs apart.

Well, they barely overlap. Whereas the standalone "Rubber Ring" has a single "you do not want to believe...you are sleeping" after the music stops, the medley has a couple more, during which the howling winds start up for "Asleep."

p.s. I bought my copy from Stephane. Thanks, Stephane!

I've posted the John Peel U.K. Buzz #004 "How Soon Is Now?" edit for you (and everyone else) in another thread.

I just got that. Thank you very much. I expected that to remain on my list forever. Good transfer from vinyl too:)

Anyway, here are the other things I'm due to post...

Rubber Ring-Asleep (12'' & CD Single ''The Boy With The Thorn In His Side'' [Except Japan]): http://www.sendspace.com/file/05ynjm

What Difference Does It Make (Single Edit - 7'' Single ''What Difference Does It Make'' [Not US & Canada]): http://www.sendspace.com/file/skvfe3

How Soon Is Now (Phil Brown Edit - Original US 12'' & US & Canada 7'' ''How Soon Is Now''): http://rapidshare.com/files/16268151/How_Soon_Is_Now__Phil_Brown_Edit_.MP3

Note: How Soon Is Now link is recycled from a previous post by "WhyDifferenceDoesItMake?"...I can't take credit for posting that one.

Last edited:
I came upon it a long time ago but Rubber Ring/Asleep combo is excellent...

All I need now are the one's on cemetery's list. The Stafford "In The Future". All the "Youngests" live. And Willam/What She Said/Miserable Lie from oxford off random compilations. And HIG live from the TIALTNGO re-release

Back
Top Bottom