Alternate artwork for 'Low In High School'

40784_lihs_alternate.jpg

Almost worthy of Terrace Stomp... ;)

Posted on the OffMoz FB page. The 'art print' offered by HMV with Green vinyl.

Same kid í think, so probably another Tony Molina shot.

So now all í have to do is print off a dozen or so of these and replace the official art with alternate.

Stereo...For the man who has nothing...

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of interest, how did an exclusive 'art print' morph in to 'alternate cover'.
I think Joe's post is being interpreted too literally. There's no suggestion that it's anything but a promo poster.
Regards,
FWD.

Out of interest, how did an exclusive 'art print' morph in to 'alternate cover'.
I think Joe's post is being interpreted too literally. There's no suggestion that it's anything but a promo poster.
Regards,
FWD.

Got a point. No reference to it on the HMV website either... Especially since it says it is available rather than coming with it.

On closer inspection the birds in the backgrounds are pigeons and all photoshopped. I don’t know what the significance with the photoshop birds even is. Initially I thought they were gulls, which sort of makes more sense; scavenging birds, sort of ties in the with the shopping trolley, vagrancy type theme. But look at the bird to the right on the foreground; looks really unnatural and out of place.

I like the ‘my parents of a handful’ sign. Sort of puts me in mind of the Peanuts comics, with the child like scrawl.

I reckon that rather than an alternative cover this was probably taken as a personal shot for the mantelpiece of the kid’s parents.

Joe Slee please save us from Morrissey's nephew, this is awful, such a poor excuse for a sleeve, some art school rejects idea of quality, so sad, are his whole set blind and they all yes men!

Both covers could have said so much more without the silly signs IMO. Subtlety can go far.
He's about as subtle as a sledgehammer nowadays. I miss the more tongue in cheek side of him lately.

On closer inspection the birds in the backgrounds are pigeons and all photoshopped. I don’t know what the significance with the photoshop birds even is. Initially I thought they were gulls, which sort of makes more sense; scavenging birds, sort of ties in the with the shopping trolley, vagrancy type theme. But look at the bird to the right on the foreground; looks really unnatural and out of place.

I like the ‘my parents of a handful’ sign. Sort of puts me in mind of the Peanuts comics, with the child like scrawl.

I reckon that rather than an alternative cover this was probably taken as a personal shot for the mantelpiece of the kid’s parents.

obviously a reference to Jobriaths first band... PIDGEON

... or not.

He's about as subtle as a sledgehammer nowadays. I miss the more tongue in cheek side of him lately.

Agree with you to some extent.
I miss silly Moz, I liked songs like King Leer, Roy's Keane, Dagenham Dave. Fatty, Hate it when our friends become successful, Life being a succession of people saying goodbye and all that.
The selfmockery being an essential part of it. Very English. And funny.
And some kind of counterbalance to the great but very heavy and serious other content of his songs.

Joe Slee please save us from Morrissey's nephew, this is awful, such a poor excuse for a sleeve, some art school rejects idea of quality, so sad, are his whole set blind and they all yes men!

For once, it appears that we can say: it wasn't Sam's fault.

Agree with you to some extent.
I miss silly Moz, I liked songs like King Leer, Roy's Keane, Dagenham Dave. Fatty, Hate it when our friends become successful, Life being a succession of people saying goodbye and all that.
The selfmockery being an essential part of it. Very English. And funny.
And some kind of counterbalance to the great but very heavy and serious other content of his songs.
Not to be one of those kind of jerks, but I didn't get into Morrissey to be pounded over the head with his opinions on politics. That being said, I fully support his right as an artist to go in whatever direction he chooses, sonically and lyrically. He used to be able to make strong political points with humor and grace, and I don't get the new style of "Don't vote, don't watch the news" and so on. It seems strangely impotent to me in all of its directness.

Photoshop. It does many things.

Could it have erased a word to the right of 'ARE A'?

Or, is it smut - "My Parents' area - handful' ?

Not to be one of those kind of jerks, but I didn't get into Morrissey to be pounded over the head with his opinions on politics. That being said, I fully support his right as an artist to go in whatever direction he chooses, sonically and lyrically. He used to be able to make strong political points with humor and grace, and I don't get the new style of "Don't vote, don't watch the news" and so on. It seems strangely impotent to me in all of its directness.

smooth goth over anarcho-punk ? ;)

smooth goth over anarcho-punk ? ;)
Show me an anarcho-punk that's stayed true to their roots in their late 50s! And honestly, anyone who claims a genre as their own after a certain age just kind of makes me sad. I just want to pat them on the head and say "There, there. I know. Your identity."

EDIT: And I suppose I value lyrics that can be interpreted in many ways above blunt bludgeoning directness.

what is the significance of "for the man who has nothing" under Stereo on the top right?
And why does it need to say "stereo" anyway? I mean, aside from Beatles reissues, is anything ever released in mono?

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom